PDA

View Full Version : How to pronounce Faris' name?

Alenita
12-28-2001, 03:15 PM
Do u pronounce Faris' name Far-iss or Far-ees?
I wish thinking it's probably Far-ees, because if she could only say Farifa, pronounced Far-ee-fa, the pirates wouldthink it was Far-ees?
Far-iss a little out of her original name...but Far-iss sounds better than Far-ees.
I pronounce it either way.

Moose Knight
12-28-2001, 04:46 PM
I always thought it was something like Fair-iss.

eestlinc
12-28-2001, 05:12 PM
I certainly don't pronounce it "salsa" More like ferris wheel but with more of an a vowel sound.

Eternal Sphere
12-28-2001, 06:16 PM
Far-iss
For some reason thats how I always thought it was pronounced. But...Paris and Faris should rhyme....well, shouldn't they?

Sanity_XIV
12-28-2001, 07:33 PM
eh... i pronounce it "far-iss" far-ees sounds odd..

omnitarian
12-30-2001, 09:57 PM
I pronounce Faris Like Ferris wheel, although I pronounce Sarisa "Ser-EES-uh".

mog42
12-31-2001, 05:09 PM
I pronounce it like Aeris with an F added in the front. It sounds the same as ferrous.

Bloodstone
01-09-2002, 03:14 AM
Far-iss. Fair-iss sounds okay too.

MJN SEFEIR
04-21-2003, 08:18 PM
YES I KNOW i'm reviving but I was going to do a post on this anyway but I thought I'd just use one that already existed (This one)

her name is pronunced SAH-RISS aka Saris in spelling

WHY?

well as you already know L is pronunced the same way as "R" well TH is some times confused with "S" (Aeris Aerith) so I think Faris is a joke on that common mistake so Tha-Riss-aH (AKA Far-iss-a) is Actualy SARISA

and Dfinitly NOT SALSA

(You DO know what Salsa means don't you?)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by MJN SEFEIR
YES I KNOW i'm reviving butBut nothing! *hugs*

DJZen
04-22-2003, 05:25 AM
[SB]well as you already know L is pronunced the same way as "R" well TH is some times confused with "S" (Aeris Aerith) so I think Faris is a joke on that common mistake so Tha-Riss-aH (AKA Far-iss-a) is Actualy SARISA

You're close...... In Japanese th and s are the same sound, so they're not mistaken, they're just the same. Also, Sarisa's speech impediment was just that. You can't mistake an f for a th in Japanese. The f is actually a combination of the sounds that in English are identified as f and h. I love linguistics, it's fun :)

Psychotic
04-22-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah, I'll ignore the ater posts, and go on with " How to pronounce Faris' name?" in the thread title.

Fa(as in "Fat") - riss (as in "Wrist")

Obviously I don't say Fat-Wrist, I just make the sounds featured somewhere in them. FA-RISS.

DocFrance
04-23-2003, 03:49 PM
I always thought it was pronounced Fair-Iss... something like ending it with Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...

Sephex
04-24-2003, 09:24 AM
I say Faris...as in a "Faris" wheel(that was so stupid please don't kill me).

Kirkpatrick
04-24-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by DocFrance
I always thought it was pronounced Fair-Iss... something like ending it with Bueller... Bueller... Bueller...
*nods*

DCI Superfan
04-25-2003, 08:58 AM

classic.

yes... fair-iss.

Inuyasha23
06-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Alrighty, first of who really cares!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a game, we're addicted, They could just keep raising the price and we would still find to play the game!!!

Her name could be "hey i'm a gay !@#$head and i want to fight the monsters so i can buy some bellbottoms,Kay!!!"

I personally think it's pronounced FARE-iss(as in the big colorful whell at the carnavel) Why should any of you care how i or someone eles is pronouncing a name That no one will ever find out how it is turely pronouced.

Sory to tell you but in the year 2015 When we're all sittin round the tv no 80 year old man is going to walk up to a podeum and say"I am dearly sorry but back in 1993 we made a game call Final Fantasy 5. and unfortunitly...(deep sigh) one of the names was translated wrong, yes yes i know we showed our weak point to the enemy..."

If anyone is insulted by this go ahead and email me so i can personally get what YOU deserve.

ShivaBlizzard8
06-24-2003, 09:22 PM
Uh-huh. :rolleyes2

Anyways, I generally pronounce it Fah-ris, but maybe that's just my MA accent kicking in.