PDA

View Full Version : The other knots

qwertysaur
02-25-2010, 04:40 PM
I got inspired by Rye's thread and some of the comments in it. The other knots, namely how fast can you swim and how often do you go swimming?

I can swim pretty fast if I feel like it, it's a lot of fun :D

Mo-Nercy
02-25-2010, 04:44 PM
Someone's going to start another thread about the OTHER knots, I bet.

I don't swim very fast at all and I don't really 'go swimming' a whole lot, but I do enjoy going to the beach whenever I can every time summer rolls around. I don't swim the length of the beach or out very far though.

I'm currently in the pre-planning stages of moving into an apartment complex with a swimming pool, so when/if that happens, I've promised myself I'll go swimming everyday.

Pheesh
02-25-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm actually a really fast swimmer, but I just don't like the beach because there's so many people around, and I don't like the pool because there's so many people around and it's nasty. But I looove pool parties, in summer there is nothing better.

Also, I can not wait for the other knots thread.

Raistlin
02-25-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm a decent swimmer, but with my sports' asthma I have difficulty holding my breath for too long when exercising, especially underwater. I imagine I could improve that with practice, but I just don't swim very much lately.

NorthernChaosGod
02-25-2010, 10:51 PM
I'm practically half fish, I'm a pretty strong and fast swimmer.

This is going to probably sound weird coming from a SoCal resident, but I fucking hate the beach. It's all the sand, I fucking hate sand. It gets everywhere and it's even worse when you get out of the water and walk back up to your spot.

I love pools though, nice cool water and no sand. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
02-26-2010, 01:06 AM
I can't swing exceptionally fast. I can be pretty fast, but nothing spectacular. Normal, I guess.

However, I have a huge lung capacity. I can swim further and longer underwater than anyone I know. Examples, I could bring up a body puppet from the 3m deep pool as an 11yo. Also, I once freaked out a pool gaurd because I tried to see how long I could hold my breath and I breached the 2 min mark.

Jiro
02-26-2010, 04:33 AM
I am a horrendous swimmer.

Bunny
02-26-2010, 07:26 AM
This is going to probably sound weird coming from a SoCal resident, but I smurfing hate the beach. It's all the sand, I smurfing hate sand. It gets everywhere and it's even worse when you get out of the water and walk back up to your spot.

I hate the beach and I lived in San Diego for almost half of my life. I don't like the people. I hate being around huge groups of people because I get heavy paranoia and start freaking out and having panic attacks. It is pretty awesome. I like pools if they aren't hugely crowded and public. I want a pool when I decide to buy a house.

I am a pretty good swimmer all things considered. I don't get the chance to swim much but when I do, I absolutely love it. When I went to Hawaii, I was in the pool or ocean almost the entire time. It was cool.

NorthernChaosGod
02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
Snap, which part of San Diego?

I really don't mind the people. I dislike people, but that doesn't really bother me in that situation. Sometimes they are a good source of entertainment, last time I went some dude got into a fight with two chicks.

Breine
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I guess I'm a decent swimmer.

I love going to the beach. I live 10 minutes away from an open-air swimming bath too, so that meant going there pretty much everyday as a kid during summer. These days it doesn't happen that much, though, since the beach is much prefered.

Rodarian
02-26-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm leisure swimmer.... Unless a mofo of shark or any other pain giving creature chases me.... I swim at my content...