PDA

View Full Version : New XIII forum skins now in business!

Psychotic
12-24-2009, 05:48 AM
8th March Update:

They're now out. Select them at the bottom left corner of the forums. Hurrah!

Christmas
12-24-2009, 05:50 AM
I think what EoFF really needs is an FFXIII skin, what with it coming out soon and all. I'm not sure what it would look like, though. Maybe white and pink in a similar style to the FFXIII PS3? Or maybe the same sort of colours that match the XIII logo.

Yes, totally agree. We need to get on with the times now.

Marshall Banana
12-29-2009, 04:55 AM
It would be amazing to have a completely original skin for FFXIII (banner art, original sprites for forum icons, buttons, etc)! I say we do it. =O

This thread made me feel like making a sprite of Lightning, and that's what I'm doing right now.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pixel/art/forum_new.gif

She needs a better animation, but she's cute, right?

Psychotic
12-29-2009, 05:15 AM
Wow, Monda! That's great!

Rantz
12-29-2009, 02:12 PM
It would be amazing to have a completely original skin for FFXIII (banner art, original sprites for forum icons, buttons, etc)! I say we do it. =O

This thread made me feel like making a sprite of Lightning, and that's what I'm doing right now.

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/pixel/art/forum_new.gif

She needs a better animation, but she's cute, right?

I love it! And yes, we should totally have an FFXIII theme.

Marshall Banana
12-30-2009, 10:46 AM
http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/pinktime.gif

Psychotic
12-31-2009, 01:31 AM
Oh, yes, I like it! I bet it'll look the business with the banner and icons. As an alternate I was thinking of that but with the colours reversed maybe. I may try experimenting in paint myself and see what it looks like!

Remaking this post so I can post attachment. Although maybe you can edit them in, I cba to find out.

There's a lot of white space in the top left but that's where whatever banner we have would go! I know a couple of bits of the background look a little patchy, but this is just a rough mock up, if it was to be the XIII skin someone could make it look a lot better than I have.

EDIT: Hmmm maybe that light pink is a bit too light. But you get the idea.

Rantz
12-31-2009, 01:41 AM
I like it! I don't know if pink is the best pick for the XIII skin though. Maybe it's better to pick a colour scheme with broader appeal? I'm working on something too, although I keep getting distracted.

Momiji
12-31-2009, 01:48 AM
A pink skin that's indented instead of full-width? I like it. :D

Marshall Banana
12-31-2009, 02:10 AM
I have an idea! Psychotic, you should make an announcement that asks members to post original FFXIII artwork or graphics (or even ideas) that they come up with in this thread or a new one! Since no new skins will be made until the next vbulletin upgrade, there would be plenty of time for people to make submissions.

You could also make a poll of color choices (for the color scheme) for people to vote on.

images/buttons

collapse_alt.gif
collapse_alt_collapsed.gif
collapse_tcat.gif
collapse_tcat_collapsed.gif
collapse_thread.gif
collapse_thread_collapsed.gif
edit.gif
editga.gif
email.gif
find.gif
firstnew.gif
forward.gif
home.gif
lastpost.gif
multiquote_off.gif
multiquote_on.gif
newthread.gif
quote.gif
reply.gif
reply_small.gif
report.gif
reputation.gif
sendpm.gif
sortasc.gif
sortdesc.gif
threadclosed.gif

images/statusicon

announcement_new.gif
announcement_old.gif
forum_link.gif
forum_new.gif
forum_new_lock.gif
forum_old.gif
forum_old_lock.gif
pm_forwarded.gif
pm_new.gif
pm_old.gif
pm_replied.gif
post_new.gif
post_old.gif
subforum_link.gif
subforum_new.gif
subforum_old.gif
thread.gif
thread_dot.gif
thread_dot_hot.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock.gif
thread_dot_hot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_hot_new.gif
thread_dot_lock.gif
thread_dot_lock_new.gif
thread_dot_new.gif
thread_hot.gif
thread_hot_lock.gif
thread_hot_lock_new.gif
thread_hot_new.gif
thread_lock.gif
thread_lock_new.gif
thread_moved.gif
thread_moved_new.gif
thread_new.gif
user_invisible.gif
user_offline.gif
user_online.gif

images/misc

menu_open.gif
multipage.gif
paperclip.gif
poll_posticon.gif
sticky.gif

Rye
12-31-2009, 02:49 AM
Paul said he didn't mind if I played around with his layout, and this is what I got. I fixed the colors and added some texting.

I really like it!

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/paulryerevised.jpg

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/paulryerevised2.jpg

Added little lightning for ultimate cheesiness. Considered making it blink, but that might have made the universe collapse from sheer lamosity. It's easily taken out. XD

Bunny
12-31-2009, 03:09 AM
It looks nice but it's really bright :(

Rye
12-31-2009, 03:18 AM
It looks surprisingly adorable in an orange-creamy-peach sort of color. I think I might prefer this to the purple one, to be honest, but that's just me.

I changed it in color mixer so it's not quite right, but you get the idea of what it'd look like:

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv298/ryechuuu/ANORANGEALTERNATIVE.jpg

Tavrobel
12-31-2009, 03:42 AM
Still too bright. Needs more black and more women. I don't care if they happen to lack a third dimension.

black orb
12-31-2009, 03:57 AM
>>> Pink/Grey/Green are probably good colors too..:luca:
It needs a banner too..

Loony BoB
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Regarding the FFXIII skins being thrown about: If you're going to have it be in light pastel colours I urge you to stick to 100% dark fonts. To have white on light pastel is really hard to read. Also, I think it wouldn't hurt to have a darker version for us that don't like pastels to also be made.

The Summoner of Leviathan
12-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Regarding the FFXIII skins being thrown about: If you're going to have it be in light pastel colours I urge you to stick to 100% dark fonts. To have white on light pastel is really hard to read. Also, I think it wouldn't hurt to have a darker version for us that don't like pastels to also be made.

Agreed, reading white off of pale pink is extremely hard.

Is it me, or does the black text on the pale pink looks a bit rough? But maybe that is due to how the screen caps are being manipulated. :/

Overall, I like it though. :D

Rye
01-01-2010, 12:17 AM

I agree! I was all cba about changing font color though, but yeah. It is hard to read.

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Copied certain posts out of the Colouring Book thread. If it doesn't get enough attention here in FFXIII (please contribute. Even just to name some colours you'd like to see!) then I'll move it to GC in a couple of days.

Old Manus
02-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Nobody is going to want to register on a pink forum. That is assuming you make it the default or something. Just sayin

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah tbh I'm less enamoured with the idea than I was when I did it. I just liked the PS3 FFXIII console. What colours should it be?

Shiny
02-25-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm a fan of black and hot pink. Alternatively, silver or gray with the the color pink a similar color to the color of Lightening's cape would probably work.

Depression Moon
02-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I suggest a silver sleek design with pics of lightning, Odin, and Sazh.

Rantz
02-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Would something like this work? I feel like Lightning's colours are the colours of XIII, in a way, and these colours are taken from a picture of Lightning.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/xiii-skin-style.png

Psychotic
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
The plum colour scheme is cool. Although where'd you get the green from?

Jessweeee♪
02-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Would something like this work? I feel like Lightning's colours are the colours of XIII, in a way, and these colours are taken from a picture of Lightning.

I like it!

Though let me just say, whatever we go with please PLEASE give links a separate color. I want to use fluffy puff but the links and the default text are both black and I miss them all the time.

Rantz
02-25-2010, 10:24 PM
The green is not directly taken from the picture, it's more of a result of my trying to get one colour out of the whole vest/shoulder pads thing she has going on. It might need to be more neutral or silvery though. I dunno!

RedPouch
02-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Nobody is going to want to register on a pink forum. That is assuming you make it the default or something. Just sayin
Sure they will, it just depends on what shade you use. There are all sorts of combinations that can make a shade of pink look good.

I think this is too much pink. It needs other colours with it. This is basically like mixing salt with... more salt. Because of how much pink stands out, I feel it needs other hue to balance it out.

Laddy
02-26-2010, 12:26 AM
Cyan, teal, and black?

Jessweeee♪
02-26-2010, 01:23 AM
As much as I like the black and blueness of a lot of EoFF's skins (they are my favorite colors after all), we really do have enough of that. Rantzien's idea with more red and white would be lovely o:

Marshall Banana
02-26-2010, 03:58 AM
I came up with two today, but the blue and gray scheme that I created is my favorite of the two! The "banner" I included in it is really just a placeholder for the banner space, because I think that a fitting banner for this particular theme would be an image of blue outlines of Lightning's face (a little darker than what's presented), which is similar to the placeholder image. Both the background and forum categories become darker further down, because I think it's a neat effect. I don't know whether it's actually possible to recreate, though.

Oh, and my schemes were made from screenshots of VB4's version of Classic, just because.

Momiji
02-26-2010, 04:11 AM
That first one is great, Monda. :ichigo:

Psychotic
02-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Yeah I like that first one. Although the second one is very different to what we have now, which as Jessweee said is a plus. I wonder if transparency and all that fancy stuff is possible with vB4!

'cause ideally I want to crank it out before XIII is out and we're not gonna be on the vB4 before then. (I don't mind remaking it at all for the vB4)

Loony BoB
02-27-2010, 11:26 AM
I actually really like the second. I'm trying to imagine which of them I'd register at if I were going around looking for an FFXIII forum to register at, and I think I'd rather register at the latter than the former.

EDIT: The banner would need work, though - it's light to extreme levels and doesn't feature the name of the forum. But that's obviously workable. I do like the scheme a lot, though.

Is it possible to get something that is very similar to FFXIII itself, as in the menu system they use on it?

Rantz
02-27-2010, 12:14 PM
I like both of Monda's schemes. I feel like in the long run I'd rather use the first, but the second one feels more modern and perhaps, like BoB says, more tempting to register at (that would only apply if it was set as the default skin, of course).

Transparency is not a problem - I'm not sure which IE versions support it, if any, but in either case it's a browser question rather than one of vB version.

That sort of gradient could pose more of a problem. If the blue page background wasn't also a gradient it could be cleverly worked around, but as it is, any workaround I can think of would be very clumsy.

Marshall Banana
02-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Is it possible to get something that is very similar to FFXIII itself, as in the menu system they use on it?
I'm trying to replicate the buttons in this screenshot, actually.

Rye
02-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I love those, Monda!

Loony BoB
02-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Ooh, neat. I watched a few youtube vids recently and think we could also use the saved game selection menu style for something,

YouTube - FINAL FANTASY XIII MENU (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvWRBT-dyc) - near the end, you'll find the saved game selection menu
YouTube - FFXIII Main Menu translation.AVI (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPmNv-1LiI&NR=1) - I imagine this would be something we could work into a theme, too.

Baloki
02-27-2010, 04:38 PM
I guess porting over the front site theme to update the current blue theme on the forums is out of the question...?

Edit: In fact...

Psychotic
02-27-2010, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it, but ideally the banner would be pure XIII. (Bit o' Versus is fine too)

Baloki
02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Attached?

Baloki
02-27-2010, 06:16 PM
double-post

Baloki
02-27-2010, 07:37 PM
triple-post

I think I'm pretty much there with it tbh, now if only I had the time to code it up :S

Baloki
02-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Anddddd done...

Marshall Banana
02-28-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm trying to replicate the buttons in this screenshot, actually.
I think I got 'em!

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/newthread.png http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/reply.png http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m285/fofonda/eoff/threadclosed.png

Rye
02-28-2010, 10:40 AM
I really love that one, Baloki. I love the colors and all of it.

Loony BoB
02-28-2010, 12:25 PM
I approve of Baloki and MB's images. Both very lovely.

Lawr
02-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Haha, hey, woah what're you doing with that banner there, Baloki? http://i46.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/14xgc9x.gif

Baloki
02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Haha, hey, woah what're you doing with that banner there, Baloki? http://i46.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/14xgc9x.gif

Don't worry, as per the frontsite you'll get credit for the banner ^_^

Lawr
02-28-2010, 03:27 PM
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about how it looked about four months ago to how it looks in the attachment.

Also, it was originally made to be used for a forum skin not the frontsite.

Baloki
02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about how it looked about four months ago to how it looks in the attachment.

Also, it was originally made to be used for a forum skin not the frontsite.

You mean how it looks here (http://www.eyesonff.com)? You know we've been using it as the front site banner for months now don't you xD?

Lawr
02-28-2010, 05:14 PM
No even before that you monster (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/Sagensyg/2010complete.png)!

Psychotic
02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
He's talking about how you put a thing on Yuna's face.

I'll make Monda's two (I think the second silver one ties in with what Baloki has done) and Rantzien's on the vB3 (although it may need Rantz to do some code haxery to get the transparency and whatnot :D) and also I'll probably need a gradient file for the second one and then we'll see where we go from there I guess.

Depression Moon
02-28-2010, 10:03 PM
No even before that you monster (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a318/Sagensyg/2010complete.png)!
I like that banner

Marshall Banana
02-28-2010, 11:48 PM

I'll make Monda's two (I think the second silver one ties in with what Baloki has done) and Rantzien's on the vB3 (although it may need Rantz to do some code haxery to get the transparency and whatnot :D) and also I'll probably need a gradient file for the second one and then we'll see where we go from there I guess.
My gradient? =O

I realized that a gradient at the bottom wouldn't really work, because I have no idea how tall it would need to be in order to extend to the top of the page, so, instead, I made a really, really tall one that could be placed at the top.

The bottom color is #4EADBD.

Baloki
03-01-2010, 07:58 AM

I understand Paul, Monda's is good enough to make, but mine isn't. I understand completely. It's ok Paul. *schemes*

Jiro
03-01-2010, 12:26 PM
holy jesus sag that is amazing

Psychotic
03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
I understand Paul, Monda's is good enough to make, but mine isn't. I understand completely. It's ok Paul. *schemes*I thought yours was just the frontsite version of hers :shobon: If it isn't, then could you please make a forums version of it? It doesn't have to be FANCY or anything, just take a screenshot and have little arrows pointing to different bits of the forums saying "make it THIS colour!" etc. and I'll do it.

Anywho, these still need a lot of work but this is what I've done with them so far:

(obviously they're all going to look a lot better on the vB4 as that is what they are designed for, but I doubt we'll be on the vB4 by the time XIII comes out!)

Momiji
03-01-2010, 05:52 PM
I love the strawberrychocolate one.

Sorry oldskool, I have a new favorite.

Jessweeee♪
03-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I like plummint and strawberry chocolate! But please fix the link color for strawberry chocolate, it has the same problem as Fluffy Puff :|

Psychotic
03-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I was about to say "What are you talking about? I made sure the link and text colours were different for this very reason!" and welp, looks like they're not. :redface:

Sephiroth
03-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Do you need some screenshots you could work with?

Marshall Banana
03-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Eh. I don't like the length of the gradient I posted now that I've seen what it looks like as a background. I tried to recreate my blue and gray skin in a HTML file, and I included it in the RAR file below, along with the gradients and a banner! I wanted to make it perfect before I posted it, but I'm at a stand-still and need more time to think of ways to improve it. What I made is a little bland right now.

Preview:

crazybayman
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Sword-chucks yo!

Psychotic
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Do you need some screenshots you could work with?It wouldn't hurt! I don't know what use we'd have for them yet though.

Anyway Monda I got the forums index looking pretty much exactly how you have them (although the rounded corners still elude me) but the threads themselves look like, well, see for yourself. Each post starts the gradient all over again. Yay? Nay?

Also, sword-chucks for sure.

Psychotic
03-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Disregard what I said about threads in the previous post.

Here's some attachments. I did a wee bit of deleting various bits of code and hoping for the best, and it looks way better than before.

EDIT: Ha, you can see the ugly old version still attached in the thread sample!

Madonna
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I like the font versus the gradient; from light to dark, it is still legible!

Rantz
03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Really liking the cloudy day skin so far.

black orb
03-02-2010, 06:04 PM
>>> I guess I could draw some ff13 art for a banner or something..:luca:

Rocket Edge
03-02-2010, 11:53 PM
That would be awesome.

Psychotic
03-03-2010, 01:18 PM
I agree with Mr. Rocket Edge!

I think I am giving up on Plum Mint for the time being. Anyone else have any feedback on the Strawberry Chocolate and Cloud Day skins? :greenie:

Rye
03-03-2010, 01:45 PM
I agree with Genius Lynx, the font is a very good choice as you can read it throughout. I really love cloudy day, I don't think it could be improved very much since it's really genuinely good.

If you want any other skin ideas, I'd suggestion a Frocobo skin!

EDIT: Oh actually, my biggest suggestion is just round the edges around the big grey forum index and forums list box, like Monda did in her screen shot. idk if you can or not, but it REALLY make a difference to me even though it's a minor detail.

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm still pretty partial to the pink one Psy made at first, it just needed a better font color so the pink doesn't wipe out the white. Cloudyday doesn't look too bad either.

black orb
03-03-2010, 06:12 PM
That would be awesome.
>>> Im on it then..:luca:

Marshall Banana
03-04-2010, 12:56 AM
Lookin' good, Psychotic! I say "nay" to the look of individual posts, though.

To achieve the rounded corners look, I made two images and positioned them the best I could over the original corners. I don't know whether I wrote the code correctly, but the images are accurately-placed in my browser!

Rantz
03-04-2010, 01:28 AM
My preferred way of getting rounded corners is through the CSS3 properties for it. That's what is used in vB4 by default as well. Unfortunately, IE doesn't support them yet, to my knowledge, even though they are a CSS standard. I don't think it's worth spending time and effort on breaking standards just to get them to work in IE when they are only for decoration, really.

Psychotic
03-04-2010, 05:46 AM
Lookin' good, Psychotic! I say "nay" to the look of individual posts, though.

To achieve the rounded corners look, I made two images and positioned them the best I could over the original corners. I don't know whether I wrote the code correctly, but the images are accurately-placed in my browser!I put the code in and it doesn't come out correctly in the skin. I don't know how relevant this is to figuring out the correct values, but the main panel of the forums itself is 800 pixels wide to match the banner.

As for the individual post look, I think it'll take a fair bit of hackery on my part to make them look different. vBulletin basically uses "Alt1" and "Alt2" variables to describe the colour of posts, and the same variables also affect everything on the front page. It's up to you if you think it's worth it I guess.

There is also the issue of stretching. If a table is stretched it'll show the blue background as opposed to the grey. It's kind of annoying but oh well, that'll teach people to stretch the tables. I decided to remove the stats from the index for aesthetic reasons.

I think what we could do is release the two skins to the public then have them vote on which one should be the default? Idk. I guess black orb's art can be the banner for Strawchoc.

Unbreakable Will
03-05-2010, 06:21 AM
There.
I am no longer worse than Looney BoB...because nobody wants to be that obsessed with charts.

Loony BoB
03-05-2010, 01:00 PM
My preferred way of getting rounded corners is through the CSS3 properties for it. That's what is used in vB4 by default as well. Unfortunately, IE doesn't support them yet, to my knowledge, even though they are a CSS standard. I don't think it's worth spending time and effort on breaking standards just to get them to work in IE when they are only for decoration, really.
So long as an IE user can happily open up a webpage and think "Yeah, this site looks well designed, the look is great, I think I'll join" them I'm cool with it. If not, then use GIF's like we have for a long time without any problems.

black orb
03-05-2010, 06:15 PM
>>> I came up with this, I dont know the banner width and I dont know what are you finally going to use for the eoff logo so I`ll leave the image cropping and the other stuff to you guys..
BTW, if someone cares i made some minor changes to that Matoya drawing you were using for the eoff logo (oops, looks like i cant attach a 1.2 mb rar file here).. :luca:

Rye
03-08-2010, 01:28 PM
That's fantastic!

Psychotic
03-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Okay so given that the big day is tomorrow, I figured I'd release the skins as they are now. The chocobos on the forum status icon will be replaced by something else soon, but other than that, they're golden. Cloudy doesn't perform especially well if the tables are stretched, but there's not much that can be done about that because of the way it is coded...so just don't stretch them :p

Enjoy etc.

Rye
03-08-2010, 01:38 PM
Cloudy doesn't perform especially well if the tables are stretched, but there's not much that can be done about that because of the way it is coded...so just don't stretch them :p

... Raistling :colbert:

Hahaha, seriously though, I love them both. I think they each cover a taste that the forum has so that everyone has something they like a lot. I think Cloudy Day especially is gorgeous. The gradient looks so... pretty! And Strawberry Choc's artwork is so great, black orb!

I especially like how Cloudy Day looks in forum view and in the view when you make a post. You all outdid yourselves. You should be really proud!

Psychotic
03-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Raistling got fixed. :greenie:

Which of the two do you fine people like best? I might just make it the default skin tomorrow.

Momiji
03-08-2010, 02:53 PM
Strawberry Chocolate!

These are fantastic.

Rantz
03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Excellent! I like Strawberry Chocolate better, I think. But why do I get a big ad under the header on both of these skins? I don't think I get it on any other skins.

Rye
03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Cloudy Day is my favorite. It's perfectly indented and the gradient is just... <3333

Momiji
03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Cloudy Day looks wonderful too, but I'm not really a fan of bright colors-- they hurt my eyes after a while!!

Strawberry Chocolate is nice and neutral, so I prefer it between the two.

Chloe.
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
They're both really nice, I'm not sure which one I like better. :p I'm using Cloudy Day at the moment though. :}

Jiro
03-09-2010, 12:51 PM
The Strawberry Chocolate one but I'm with Rantz, why is there an ad? :(

Psychotic
03-09-2010, 01:35 PM
I think you guys are imagining things.

Rantz
03-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Muuuch better. :D Great work!

Now just to decide which to use. I like colours in Clouded Sky better but I prefer the banner in Strawberry Choc. DECISIONS

Psychotic
03-09-2010, 01:50 PM
I made SC the default. :shobon:

Also, do what I do. Change it whenever the heck you feel like it! I had Cloudy for a few days and now I'm using Choc.

leader of mortals
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Strawberry Chocolate is fricken sexy.

Depression Moon
03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
SICK ASS SKIN! Who do I bump fists with for this awesome as fuck skin?

Marshall Banana
03-10-2010, 01:41 AM
Cloudy Day does need a better banner.

And I regret posting the brown and pink color scheme now. It. Is. The. Most. Awful. Color. Scheme. EoFF. Has.

Momiji
03-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I think it's wonderful. :/

Marshall Banana
03-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Way too much Pepto Bismol pink! I actually gagged when I saw it. XD

Momiji
03-10-2010, 03:05 AM
I don't think it looks like that. Frankly it isn't a strawberry shade, but I like it all the same.

Psychotic
03-10-2010, 03:23 AM
Yeah it's more strawberry ice cream (or maybe raspberry idk) than the actual fruit but that's the name I gave it when I was throwing ideas about and it stuck.

Momiji
03-10-2010, 04:54 AM
Either way, I'll be using this one for quite a long time!

Raistlin
03-10-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not a huge fan of either of them. Strawberry Chocolate is at least bearable to look at, but the random rows of pink seem just... well, random. It's too forced and doesn't really match.

Cloudy Day's gradual darkening theme is ok, but I don't like how it does the same for the forum and thread titles on the respective indexes. If it was all the darker shade it would be better.

Psychotic
03-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Summary: Raistlin does not like something new at EoFF; many mildly surprised.

(would've been helpful to have criticisms like that 2 pages ago though! :p)

Raistlin
03-10-2010, 05:51 PM
Considering you have not taken away Classic, I have no vested interest in disliking these; this is just my aesthetic opinion.

And I had forgotten about this, which is why I didn't check sooner.

Marshall Banana
03-10-2010, 06:07 PM
So...

I was trying to improve Cloudy Day last night, and I realized, "This isn't rewarding at all. I don't want to do this anymore!" Even though I didn't finish what I was working on, I did make some progress, and I'm posting everything I can find!

First of all, a preview of the edits I made to Cloudy Day is attached to below. I didn't complete it, as you can see from the almost unreadable text, but it still looks nicer, I think (except maybe the white forum background below the gradient)! One of my ideas was an image of "Eyes on Final Fantasy XIII" to overlap the banner and forum top (not pictured, but is in the RAR file). Also, I think that the forum categories ("Adventure," "General," etc.) should have their own subtle backgrounds/background color; they should stand out at least a little.

Second, I attached what I was doing in Paint with my Lightning sprites. Feel free to edit her and animate her however you like. My Serah sprite is incomplete, so I didn't post her.

Raistlin
03-10-2010, 06:43 PM
That does look better (at least, if you made the lighter forums background the same all the way through, and didn't vary it like in the current version). The banner matches it very well, too.

Madonna
03-10-2010, 06:59 PM
It is fun, it is new, and less boring than Raistlin; what is not to like?!

Thank you, guys, for putting out these new styles!

Rye
03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
I like your banner, Monda! I love it, infact. I wouldn't change Cloudy Day in any way besides that though - I looove it.

Bunny
03-10-2010, 08:30 PM
I am using Strawberry Chocolate because I like the colors (minus the random pink bars everywhere) and the compacted view. I do not know the technical term for it but I hate the fatty view (see: classic forum style).

The other one is offensive to my eyes.

black orb
03-10-2010, 09:08 PM
>>> This is another idea i had for a ff13 banner, you guys can use this one if you want too..:luca:

Marshall Banana
03-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Very pretty, black orb! That would go perfect with a winter-y theme! Or maybe a general summons skin!

rubah
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
I know it's kinda overshadowed by the banner, but.. I really love the new thread/reply buttons :sweat:

dodhungry
03-11-2010, 11:48 PM
seen the pink and almost had a heart attack till it fully loaded lol

thumbs up :thumb: job well done

rubah
03-12-2010, 03:00 AM
Preview text~what if the background color to Strawberry Chocolate was more saturated instead of grey?
It wouldn't have to necessarily be this particular color, although I like it, but anything that is more saturated will make the pink less obtrusive. I really really like the pink though, and it's not peptobismol at all! I'd call it Dusk Rose or something. But yeah,
that would look more like this^_~

Psychotic
03-12-2010, 03:49 PM
Ok there we go.

If you hate it, it's all rubah's fault!

Momiji
03-12-2010, 03:54 PM
I like it.

rubah
03-13-2010, 03:06 AM
I got inspired (http://www.snowy-day.net/stuff/others/eoffxiii.png)

Dr.M
03-16-2010, 12:05 PM
love it. looks great!

Loony BoB
03-16-2010, 03:09 PM
I don't think that we should have a pink skin as default because I think it will turn off potential new members. Cloudy Day would be great, especially with that banner black orb posted above. It's colours are much more universally enjoyed.

I can't fix this at work, though. :(

Psychotic
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? It's brown.

Loony BoB
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
The other bits. But brown isn't much better. Blue & White are pretty solid.

Breine
03-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Cloudy Day does need a better banner.

And I regret posting the brown and pink color scheme now. It. Is. The. Most. Awful. Color. Scheme. EoFF. Has.

I like it. It's nice. I especially like the banner a lot. Whoever made it did a good job!

Anyway, the Clouded Day one is way too bright for my taste.

rubah
03-19-2010, 06:39 AM
It really isn't pink!

"Tell him to use Fluffypuff if he wants to see pink."

Loony BoB
03-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Whatever colour it is, it's not a universally appealing colour. The main forum skins should always be aimed towards drawing as many members in as possible.