PDA

View Full Version : The terrorist in me has a dilemma

bipper
02-25-2010, 11:12 PM
So, I had a friend die recently - two of them infact. One was an older friend of the family from a while back, and they other was a bit closer of a friend.

I get a call today that another friend is in critical condition at a local hospital.

So I have to choose between going to the two services, which I could make both, or going to see my friend that is still alive but cannot get visitors until he is out. I would be going for his girl and daughter, but they have a lot of support there, I am sure.

I get off work in 15 minutes, then I will be on the road to somewhere.

:bou::bou::bou::bou:ty days are :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Put yourself in this :bou::bou::bou::bou:ty situation.

Where would you be going?

Mo-Nercy
02-26-2010, 12:04 AM
That just has to be one of the toughest decisions a person can make in their entire lives. I don't know how close you are to the friend at hospital and how much comfort and support you would provide to his family, but if they're already well supported by other friends and relatives, maybe you should go to the services and then go to the hospital straight after that. That's probably just what I would do.

I offer you my deepest condolences, bipper.

Bunny
02-26-2010, 12:42 AM
I would go to the hospital. As cold as it may sound, the other two are already dead, they cannot be comforted by your presence anymore. The person in the hospital is a different story and regardless of how much support they have there, seeing you could be a good thing for them.

I don't like funerals though.

bipper
02-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks, both of you.

The hospital seemed to be the best option . My logic was much like bunny's (the services and hospitals were 120 miles away from eathother -mooting Mo's suggestion). I have already been scolded for skipping out on the services, which sucks. Hard.

Raistlin
02-26-2010, 06:00 PM
I would go to the hospital. As cold as it may sound, the other two are already dead, they cannot be comforted by your presence anymore. The person in the hospital is a different story and regardless of how much support they have there, seeing you could be a good thing for them.

I agree with this completely.

Inferno
02-26-2010, 06:29 PM
What Bunny said.

And... imagine for one second, and I deeply hope not, that something happens to your friend at the hospital. How much would you regret not to have seen him for one last time. I understand, by respect for the family and everything, that it's important to go at the funerals. But, it's totally understandable to miss someone's service to see a friend in this condition.