PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got Out Of the Hopsital

Laddy
02-26-2010, 12:28 AM
I just got out of the hosptial due to a (presumed) negative reaction to caffeine causing dizziness, visual distortion, stuttering, shakihng, and blinking. It was not very fun.

Have you ever been to the hospital. XD

Namelessfengir
02-26-2010, 01:07 AM
when i was 15 or sixteen we were playing tag in gym i was chasing john and gaining towards a wall he bailed right and i didnt.... big damn nose bleed, i left a pool of blood about three foot wide and busted the blood vessels in my forehead so i had to go to the hospital to get checked out

Bunny
02-26-2010, 01:51 AM
One time I fell off the top bunk of my bunk bed (this was like, two years ago) and hurt my ribs. I went to the hospital and found out nothing was wrong with me.

Cuchulainn
02-26-2010, 01:58 AM
Have you ever been to the hospital. XD

Yes.

Momiji
02-26-2010, 02:02 AM
I uh... I was running in the house with no socks or shoes on, got my left little toe caught on the side of a doorway. Broke it into a near right-angle. Never did heal properly, it's kind of twisted now.

That was around 10 years ago. :|

Shlup
02-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Ehehe, one of the things being "blinking" made me giggle.

Last time I went to the hospital was when I sprained my ankle last September. It still hasn't healed all the way. -_-;

I have also been for slicing my finger to the bone, breaking my leg, splitting my forehead open (you can see the scar in most of my pics), and... that's all the important ones.

G13
02-26-2010, 02:08 AM
One time I fell off the top bunk of my bunk bed (this was like, two years ago) and hurt my ribs. I went to the hospital and found out nothing was wrong with me.

I did the same thing when I was five. I was having a night terror and fell off the top bunk and broke my arm. I think maybe my brother grabbed my foot and tripped me because the last thing I saw before passing out was his curly head peeking over a pillow at me then going back to sleep. :mad:

I spent a night in the psych ward a few years ago too.

PuPu
02-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Was running and about to jump over a guard rail, but I tripped and scraped my shin on the sharp part of it. A 1 inch long, 1 inch wide, and 1 inch deep part of flesh got torn off. It couldn't get stitched, since there was just a hole of missing flesh. Plus, you could see the bone. 6 years ago.

Cuchulainn
02-26-2010, 02:23 AM
Ohh I see you need to expand the answer.

I've been an insane amount of times.

1. When I was 3 my family liveed on Springfield Road which separates The Falls (Catholic) from the Shankill (Protestant) our homes were always getting attacked. One day I escaped the home & I had the fantastic idea of walking into a riot just up the street. I ran when everyone else did from the army and fell on a smashed bottle. My whole right forearm was sliced i stil wear the scar.

1. when I was a wee fella about 8 I had kidney problems, I was in there for a good 3 months.

2. little later, tonsils removed.

3. Not another visit till I was 17, hit with a plastic baton round on my thigh, i swear I've never felt pain like it.

4. 1998 probably the most serious I was attacked by a Protestant gang & beated senseless with hands, feet & metal poles. I was in intensive care for 3 weeks with...brain something I duno & I still don't remember anything. There's pictures somewhere I can disgust with them if u want.

5. at a party in 2002 and was spotted by someone who I had apparently wronged, got a bottle to the back of my head & then several jabs in the face & neck with the broke part. I still have the scars on my face of that too...one is above my top lip & stops my beard growing properly :(

6. NORMAL REASON!! I had kidney problems that kicked off again just last year, in there for 3 days.

Thats it I think, I did not count day trips for cuts, slices & stuff. If u dont have to sleep over it's not worth it.

LunarWeaver
02-26-2010, 05:04 AM
I went to one when I was born.

Mo-Nercy
02-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Never been to hospital for my own injuries, but I've visited people.

Xaven
02-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Cuchy makes me :(. A lot.

Never overnight for me. Broken wrist from trampoline, oddly broken pinky (needed forearm cast. -__-), and metal bar to skull needed stitches. Boring stuff.

When I was 2-3ish, I stole the big bottle of Flintstones kids multivitamins and downed a lot of it. Had to go to the hospital to prevent death from iron poisoning. They made poor little me drink a giant glass of charcoaley water... but I didn't comply and spat most of it everywhere. xD

Rantz
02-26-2010, 11:36 AM
At 10 months age I had meningitis and just barely survived. Other than that just minor stuff like pneumonia and infection thingies.

Rye
02-26-2010, 11:42 AM
I've been to the hospital for my ears, mostly.

First time for a double surgery to get tubes put in my ears to correct my swimmers ear and to get my adenoids removed.

Second time, I had to go to the ER because my ear was gushing blood all over, when I was 9. It was freakish and scary.

Agent Proto
02-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I've been to the hospital several times. The most recent visit was last year in December, since I was experiencing stomach flu and pneumonia at the same time. :/ Didn't really stay, just went and got prescriptions and whatnot.

Before that, was several years ago when I found out I had kidney failure.

Breine
02-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I've been to visit other people lots of times, but I haven't been hospitalized myself since I was born, basically.

Rodarian
02-26-2010, 03:08 PM
More than the average....

The most serious ones were my inner ear canal strengthening ( I was at one point legally deaf)..Next was upper torso freeze ( I was clinically dead for a two minutes)
Last serious was fracturing my foot cause by falling the stairs...

The rest consisted of bleeding and weird flu....

Raistlin
02-26-2010, 06:08 PM
When I was a kid, I had my tonsils removed. Just a few years ago, I was in the hospital for a week when I was originally diagnosed with Crohn's disease. I've also been to the ER when I broke my nose; when my eye was scratched and I couldn't open my eyes for two hours; and also when my eardrum burst (the latter two were VERY painful). This is not even including the numerous outpatient scans, X-rays, and blood tests I've had done at hospitals.

~*~Celes~*~
02-26-2010, 08:43 PM
As a baby, I was almost a perma-resident in the hospital due to lactose intolerance. Since my doctor was too stupid to figure that out, my stomach was gradually collapsing and I was severely dehydrated.

After that, all i went in for was severely sprained ankles. Hurt REALLY bad :(

Melissaur
02-26-2010, 10:09 PM
When I was like 2 or so... I can't remember really, I was chasing my sister around the house because I wanted to play but she didn't. Well she ran into the bathroom and tried to close the door and I tried to stop it with my pinkie... as stupid as it sounds. Well the door cut off the tip of my pinkie to the bone and my mom had to take me to the hospital and took the nub to see if they could sew it back on. They couldn't, so now I have a deformed pinkie that just gets it the way, and sometimes it just does random stuff,like hit the enter key before I want to xD

rubah
02-28-2010, 05:56 AM
I went to the ER to get a wire cut out of my foot

Agent Proto
03-02-2010, 04:25 AM
Hey, guess what guys? I'm gonna head back to the hospital to take care of a wound on my left leg this Friday. Not really excited about it, but the wound is really bothering me and needs to be taken care of. :P

Polnareff
03-03-2010, 04:04 PM
1. When I was born I had to stay in the hospital for about six months due to a combination of jaundice, heart problems, and breathing problems. Almost died.

2. Had pneumonia at three years old.

3. Had a really bad case of the stomach flu once when I was about 9 where some of the symptoms lingered for a bit after the flu went away (like dizziness) well I got checked out and found out it was because I had low blood sugar.

4. Flu again. (just a cold-like flu this time)

5. Broke my right arm clean in half. Had to wear a cast for almost six months. Wasn't fun.

6. Messed up my knees.

7. Broke my left wrist.

8. Got some shots I needed for seventh grade.

9. Iron deficiency.

10. Found out I was partially deaf. Then I had to go to a hearing doctor to get some hearing aids.

11. Gastritis. 'Cept in this case I had to keep visiting the hospital repeatedly for this until they gave me some medicine that worked.

Brunettepudding
03-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I was hospitalized in the 5th grade when I had pneumonia, if that counts. c:

Melissaur
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM
So I know not to go on a roller coaster with Astronite. You seem to have bad luck =/

Rase
03-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Twice, once for each arm I've broken. Second time was an actual stay for a day or two. They didn't know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich. :mad2:

cloud21zidane16
03-04-2010, 02:04 AM
Touch wood after 19 years I havent been to or needed hospital help for any problems of my own:)

Polnareff
03-05-2010, 03:37 AM
So I know not to go on a roller coaster with Astronite. You seem to have bad luck =/

Speaking of which, about 7 years ago when I was at Cedar Point with my friend we were both in line for Millennium Force and guess what? He wasn't allowed on. They said he was too big to ride since the seatbelt wouldn't go around him (even though he probably only weighed about 20 pounds more than me). So here's a 5'10" guy who weighs about 170-180 pounds or so and he can't ride it but I saw people who easily made 200 and were shorter that could! :|

That was a bit offtopic, but let me say this: I might have to go to the hospital again soon for my knees. Seems like every time the weather changes I get really sharp pain in them. So, yeah. I'm sick of living with this pain but no doctors seem to want to do anything other than give me medicine that only halfway works.

Fonzie
03-05-2010, 05:19 AM
I uh... I was running in the house with no socks or shoes on, got my left little toe caught on the side of a doorway. Broke it into a near right-angle. Never did heal properly, it's kind of twisted now.

That was around 10 years ago. :|

Same exact senario, injury, and toe! Well, except I was 11 and I popped my toe back in place at home.