PDA

View Full Version : [Art] Digital 3D Space

rtech1
02-27-2010, 12:02 AM
-

black orb
03-06-2010, 05:04 PM
some software I wrote for painting in 3D..
>>> What? You made a 3d software?..:luca:

o_O
03-09-2010, 02:52 AM
I'm interested to know the details of your program; what algorithms, language, 3D API, etc. that you're using.

At uni, one of my assignments was to write a simple raytracer with its own SDL, but it wasn't capable of the sort of textures in your image.

Madonna
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
It is very hard to see or make out was exactly is going on in either image! The issue is mostly down to color; the images are almost monochrome and this results in a lot of confusion! The shapes in the first one are only clear enough that my eye is drawn down the center of the structure toward...I do not know what! The results of your software may be pretty cool, but maybe you could let up on the depth of detail: I feel that is killing these images!

o_O
03-12-2010, 06:29 AM
That project sounds cool. Any images of the output?

As far as the details of the software... that's a secret. But if you're interested, here's an earlier part of the project that I made for developing the concept and textures.

I don't want to know much detail... "OpenGL C++ raytracer" or whatever would've done. :p And whether or not your software is generating textures or applying them, etc.