PDA

View Full Version : Do you know how to open a banana?

Breine
02-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Well do you? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGK7x6KjbjM&feature=related)

..oh yeah and there's some swearing in the video. So BEWARE!

Rodarian
02-27-2010, 02:05 PM
You don't open it! You Peel it!!:p:jess:

I peel the banana which ever way I want!! And I'm not an american! Freak!!

Mo-Nercy
02-27-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, whaddya you know.. I'll give a go next time.

Do Americans really say 'open a banana'? I noticed a lot of other videos in the Related Videos column used the same phrase. Heck, you peel a banana don't you?

edit: what a fitting thread for my avatar/signature theme.

blackmage_nuke
02-27-2010, 03:31 PM
I like smooshing the top, it makes the first bite nice and soft:confused:

Psychotic
02-27-2010, 04:29 PM
I love the way Americans say the word "banana". Whenever I hear one say it I have to repeat it in their accent multiple times.

Also, no, fuck that guy. What you do is instead of breaking the stalk backwards, you karate chop the motherfucker forwards. Seriously. Try it.

Breine
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
Well, yes.. you peel a banana. But this video is about how you open one, i.e. make a hole in the banana, so that you can then peel it.. I guess? idk xD

Same same but different :monster:

Rantz
02-27-2010, 04:31 PM
I just eat it with the peel still on.

Mirage
02-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Pft, just use your nails to make a cut at the bottom of the banana, then joink it open. You don't squish bananastuff that way.

Pheesh
02-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Man, see the bite he takes at the end? He must really like bananas...

Shlup
02-27-2010, 08:36 PM
I love the way Americans say the word "banana". Whenever I hear one say it I have to repeat it in their accent multiple times.

That's cute. xD

I do open it the way this guy does. *shrug*

Raistlin
02-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Welcome to last year. This guy does it better, anyway. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBJV56WUDng)

I have no idea why people suddenly became interested in opening bananas recently. I don't even like them.

Rebellious Eagle
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Well, whaddya you know.. I'll give a go next time.

Do Americans really say 'open a banana'? I noticed a lot of other videos in the Related Videos column used the same phrase. Heck, you peel a banana don't you?

edit: what a fitting thread for my avatar/signature theme.
No, I say "peel a banana".
And is it really that funny when Americans say banana?

Parker
02-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I smoosh it with my club-like glans and scoop it into my mouth with my spoon-like scrotum

e: oh also i say "open"

Bunny
02-27-2010, 11:31 PM
I don't eat bananas because they are gross.

Goldenboko
02-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow, that guy's so cool.

Can I be Banana? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY)

cloud21zidane16
02-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Wow, that guy's so cool.

Can I be Banana? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH5ay10RTGY)

OMG haha such a catchy song:D I just peel whatever way without even thinking about it.

NorthernChaosGod
02-28-2010, 02:09 AM
Wtf is wrong with peeling it from the stalk? o_O

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2010, 03:38 AM

It's fun to hear in any accent really. It's just such a silly word xD

EVERYONE GO TO THE VOICE THREAD AND SAY BANANA

Mogi
02-28-2010, 03:48 AM
i have talked to all of us and i no that every one of us america people (except not those canada ones or mexica ones or the people on below them too) open our banans with your lefty and then ate it with your righty so that that mushy banana is in my mouth faster but i just from america person so how do i know right?

edt: sorry enlich not my own language it someone elses

Zeromus_X
02-28-2010, 04:33 AM
I usually open it either way depending on my mood.

Meat Puppet
02-28-2010, 07:15 AM
bananas are my worst enemy

blackmage_nuke
02-28-2010, 07:53 AM
I went to try this out (I didnt have any bannanas the last time this video came around the forums) but then they top split itself open anyway when I tore it from the bunch.
Oh cruel fate why do you mock me so?

Also I believe you "open" a bannana when you make the first break in the skin, the "peeling" is what follows when you pull off the skin

Mo-Nercy
02-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Also I believe you "open" a bannana when you make the first break in the skin, the "peeling" is what follows when you pull off the skin
If that's the case, it's an unnecessary addition of terminology. You don't say you 'crack' an egg and then you 'open' it. You just say you've cracked it..

actually, I'd probably say I've cracked it open.

nvm :love::love:

Oh yes. I tried this bizarro-banana-peeling today instead of my usual stalk-mutilating method. Tasted exactly the same. I don't know why I expected any difference.

Rebellious Eagle
02-28-2010, 02:22 PM

It's fun to hear in any accent really. It's just such a silly word xD

EVERYONE GO TO THE VOICE THREAD AND SAY BANANA

You totally read my mind on that one. xD
What's wrong with peeling it from the stalk, anyway? I thought that was the correct way.

Dignified Pauper
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I was designed to open bananas. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7LXn4KSrM)

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2010, 09:35 PM
If that's the case, it's an unnecessary addition of terminology. You don't say you 'crack' an egg and then you 'open' it. You just say you've cracked it..

actually, I'd probably say I've cracked it open.

nvm :love::love:

I disagree, Either form can be used but you dont have to use both as one would normally follow the other. Very rarely would I open the bannana without then peeling it, nor could I ever peel a bannana without opening it first. In this video the person is specifically showing us how to open the banana (make the initial break) The rest of the process (the peeling) is similar to common convention and thus if he had said how to "Peel" a banana it would not have expressed the intent of his video as properly.

Also i say crack open an egg. Maybe for consistency sake i should say Open peel a bannana

Meat Puppet
03-02-2010, 07:07 AM
I was designed to open bananas. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq7LXn4KSrM)
i’m afraid to say that you were beaten

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-02-2010, 07:16 AM
I peel it like it showed in the video, so much easier!

Fujiko
03-02-2010, 05:09 PM
I just eat it with the peel still on.

xD I've never tried that.

Pft, just use your nails to make a cut at the bottom of the banana, then joink it open. You don't squish bananastuff that way.

My dad always taught me to open it the way the guy in the video does, and I always thought it was kinda weird (probably cause it seemed strange in my young eyes 'cause everyone else did it the other way; even though the way the guy in the video is opening it is the smart way to open a banana, so you avoid smooshing the upper part of it), so I've just been stubborn about it since I was a little girl, and still end up opening it by the stem. :/ (my guess is 'cause mostly everyone around me have always opened bananas by their stems.)

NorthernChaosGod
03-02-2010, 09:01 PM
OK, so I just went and ate a banana because I wanted to test something out. HOW DOES OPENING FROM THE STEM SQUISH THE TOP?!

You people must manhandle the banana in the first place.

Fujiko
03-03-2010, 04:15 AM
OK, so I just went and ate a banana because I wanted to test something out. HOW DOES OPENING FROM THE STEM SQUISH THE TOP?!

You people must manhandle the banana in the first place.

Sometimes it gets squished, sometimes it doesn't; sometimes it's impossible to even open it by the stem. I'm not kidding, that happens to me; it just won't open, so I end up squishing at least half the banana for trying so long.

Laddy
03-03-2010, 11:42 AM
OMG! I feel that way with Brits and the word banana!

G13
03-03-2010, 12:50 PM
I open bananas by slamming them against walls, or putting them under someone who's about to sit down. On occasion, I've been known to use a hammer to open a banana. That's the level of devotion I have to show that banana how much I fucking hate it.

Brunettepudding
03-03-2010, 03:21 PM
I love the way brits say banana, hahaa.
And that guy is pretty damn sexy. ;D

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2010, 04:56 AM
I open bananas by slamming them against walls, or putting them under someone who's about to sit down. On occasion, I've been known to use a hammer to open a banana. That's the level of devotion I have to show that banana how much I smurfing hate it.
Dude, anger management classes.

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2010, 10:03 AM
THE DEBATE IS OVER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/monercy/942008_20080514_embed003.jpg
How Mario opens his bananas

Breine
03-04-2010, 02:23 PM
THE DEBATE IS OVER

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/monercy/942008_20080514_embed003.jpg
How Mario opens his bananas

xD

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 05:25 PM
You don't need to fingernail the poor thing. Just pinch the end and it splits.

Take that out of context. I dare you.

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
You don't need to fingernail the poor thing. Just pinch the end and it splits.

Take that out of context. I dare you.

That's just scary.

Peegee
03-04-2010, 10:19 PM
I pinch the tip of the banana and peel the banana. Is that how to do it in that video? YT is blocked at work ;D

Fujiko
03-09-2010, 02:45 AM
I pinch the tip of the banana and peel the banana. Is that how to do it in that video? YT is blocked at work ;D

Pretty much, yeah. :p

zeeshan_2011
03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
thats cool dear.