PDA

View Full Version : Least Evil to Most Evil Villains (In Dissidia, Not Their Original Games)

Evastio
02-27-2010, 04:57 PM
So judging solely by the Dissidia Storyline, in what order would you place the villains from the least evil to most evil?

(keep in mind that I haven't played the game so I'm making this list based on videos I've seen and parts of the script I read)

Golbez: he's actually helping the heroes secretly, and even offers the Onion Knight and Cosmos advice.

Jecht: he doesn't have any evil motives since he's mostly on Chaos' side so he can meet up with Tidus.

Kuja: the other villains don't treat him seriously to the point where they find him annoying, though his motives are definitely less sincere than Golbez’s and Jecht’s.

Kefka: he's more insane than evil. Terra even states that he only wants to destroy to fill the emptiness in his heart, which I consider to be less evil than wanting to destroy the world for revenge or wanting to rule the world. He also sometimes messes around and does stuff for fun instead of doing what a villain would typically do.

Exdeath: he want's everything to be consumed in the void (destroy everything), which is evil, but too straightforward to make me consider him to be too evil.

Sephiroth: he only seems to be interested in messing with Cloud’s emotions, and he gets along with the other villains better than some of the other villains.

Cloud of Darkness: she’s a bit similar to Exdeath, except she tries to mess around with others’ emotions, like when she makes the Onion Knight realize it was his fault that Terra lost control of herself.

Ultimecia: like a lot of the other villains, she tries to mess around with others’ emotions. She actually faked being Cosmos in order to do it.

Garland: he has the strongest ties with Chaos, the main villain.

Mateus: he's manipulating a lot of the characters and plans on overthrowing even Chaos, so he can rule the world alone.

Wolf Kanno
02-27-2010, 06:01 PM
The amusing thing here is that looking back on it, very few of the villains really do anything. Post contains MAJOR DISSIDIA STORY SPOILERS!!!!

Jecht and Golbez are typically working more for the heroes or their own personal motives (still good) than the villains so they are basically anti-heroes. Gabranth could probably be thrown in there as well despite only having a side story separate from the main plot.

Sephiroth is pretty much true neutral and actually doesn't do anything in the plot. He's got an interesting back story but one has to wonder why its a big deal he "figured out the truth" by killing himself when Mateus and Ultimecia figured it all out without having to do something so drastic. :roll2 Sephiroth's actions are not even really evil as he basically helps Cloud and the other WoC by association achieve the goal of gaining the crystals and beating Chaos once and for all. His only goal was to end the cycle so he can go back and become a god in his own world.

Garland isn't really evil either, he's just trapped in a determinist mind set and is basically letting "fate" take its course. The closest he gets to manipulation is the fact he knows the truth about the Dissidia world and all its inhabitants.

Kuja is regretfully a pawn in this game as he is easily manipulated by both Ultimecia and Kefka to further their own ends. Kind of a waste if you ask me.

CoD is just a force of nature as usual and basically becomes Kefka's partner in crime.

Kefka spends his whole time trying to manipulate and control Terra and bring out her Esper form; as well as just causing general chaos for fun by manipulating Kuja. He's mostly a wild card causing trouble. He's actually one of the more active villains now that I think about it.

ExDeath is sorta just meandering around talking about the Void and doesn't really do anything, another waste of an opportunity.

Ultimecia and Mateus are probably the most active villains as they are the ones that formulated the plan to kill Cosmos and stop the cycle. They pretty much manipulate and use almost everyone on both sides.

Chaos is actually represented as a sympathetic character in the story and after reading the full set of Chaos and Cosmos reports, its pretty obvious that the real villains of Dissidia are the Lufenians of FFI as they are the assholes that sorta started this whole nonsense and drove Cid of the Lufenians insane who in turn created the Dissidia world and conflict to make Chaos go insane so he would achieve the goal of Ultimate Chaos (annihilation of all existence including the self). So yeah, I'm going with the Lufenians. :cool:

RedPouch
02-27-2010, 07:47 PM
I feel like they basically ruined a lot of the character for the villains. Kuja for example was made to be a little whiny, self-conscious and pathetic. The Emperor also seemed significantly less "evil" than he did in the original game. I also agree with Wolf Kanno's opinion on Chaos.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2010, 12:21 AM
I actually feel the Emperor was terribly more impressive than I thought he would be in Dissidia. He really has the whole "Armchair Villain" niche down to a tee and its hard not to be impressed. I actually feel Dissidia knocked him up a few pegs for me cause it takes guts to manipulate and con other FF villains. :cool:

RedPouch
02-28-2010, 01:28 AM
I actually feel the Emperor was terribly more impressive than I thought he would be in Dissidia. He really has the whole "Armchair Villain" niche down to a tee and its hard not to be impressed. I actually feel Dissidia knocked him up a few pegs for me cause it takes guts to manipulate and con other FF villains. :cool:
I'm afraid I felt the opposite. He just struck me as being significantly "tamer" than he was in FF II. I also felt his aims were realistically far too high, and to me it seemed more like he was suffering from a huge case of having "delusions of grandeur" in the most extreme sense. I found it difficult to take his schemes seriously. And apparently, so did Ultimecia and the Cloud of Darkness.

Aside from that, I was highly intrigued about how the villains would interact with each other prior to playing Dissidia. To me that was the most exciting and interesting part of the game for me story-wise. To be honest, I thought it would take a miracle for them to cooperate towards some singular purpose [even VERY loosely] beyond a mere short while. I was surprised at how little they went at each other's throats in Dissidia for pure dominance and power. It reminded me a lot of the Ten Wise Men from Star Ocean 2.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Mateus always struck me as an extreme narcissist, I mean he basically wants to conquer the world in FFII because he feels its his right to do so. I can easily transpire that as him wanting to replace a "god" in the Dissidia universe. I read an interesting tidbit from a fan translation of the Ultimania that said his goal was actually more thought out than the game lets on. (http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-dissidia/4998/frequently-asked-questions-regarding-dissidia-final-fantasy-%E2%80%93-an-analysis-by-squall_of_seed-makoeyes987/) (Its amusing to read at least). So I still feel the man is pretty damn ruthless and an excellent mastermind. :D

RedPouch
03-01-2010, 04:17 AM
Mateus always struck me as an extreme narcissist, I mean he basically wants to conquer the world in FFII because he feels its his right to do so. I can easily transpire that as him wanting to replace a "god" in the Dissidia universe. I read an interesting tidbit from a fan translation of the Ultimania that said his goal was actually more thought out than the game lets on. (http://thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-dissidia/4998/frequently-asked-questions-regarding-dissidia-final-fantasy-%E2%80%93-an-analysis-by-squall_of_seed-makoeyes987/) (Its amusing to read at least). So I still feel the man is pretty damn ruthless and an excellent mastermind. :D
Ah, when it's put like that... I can concede your point. Still, he just seemed so much more tame than he came across as being in FF II. However, I really like this fan translation. Sadly, it tells the story of Dissidia about 75x better than Dissidia itself did. This actually only further angers me about their choice to fill it up with nothing but a bunch of pretentious and over-dramatic philosophical babbling amongst all the villains. It was so boring and cryptic that I don't think I even had the interest to pay attention so I could interpret it.

black orb
03-05-2010, 08:44 PM
>>> Shantotto was insulting everyone in the game, she is the most evil..:luca: