PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix is already discussing Final Fantasy XV

jammi567
02-27-2010, 11:24 PM
Square-Enix Are Already Discussing Final Fantasy XV - News - Final Fantasy Union (http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/square-enix-are-already-discussing-final-fantasy-xv--839.html)

I guess that we need a new board to discuss it then. :D

VeloZer0
02-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Sounds to me like they haven't even finished preliminary planning, aka three more years until it is out. I was really hoping for a faster turn around.

If anything this just makes me more upset FFXIV is online.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2010, 12:40 AM
SE's probably in no hurry since FFvXIII will take the place of FFXIV for fans who hate MMO's. It will be curious to see how XV will pan out since most of the Playstation generation developers have all gone into different paths. Last I heard, Nomura said he was probably going to take a break from FF games after the VersusXIII so that means they may use a different artist for later FF projects. Kitase will probably stay on as Executive Producer but it will be interesting to see if the give development of FFXV to a different Division in SE like they did with XII.

Course SE, could just continue to expand the Compilation of VII again or start development of another Compilation series (My guess would be FFIV and X since they are hugely popular in Japan and already sport sequels) or begin making more niche FF titles like Dissidia and the Ivalice Alliance. Not to mention they could always expand the XIII project as well.

Overall, I expect more of the same of the last decade, 5-7 year developments between numbered FF entries with dozen of non-numbered FF titles being released between. We are coming upon a time now where FF is no longer a series and is instead a franchise. I also expect some ports, DLC, and remakes of old titles as well. XV will be an interesting title to speculate on but right now, I feel it is much too early to be even thinking about it cause XIII is just around the corner and we are still looking at XIV and the rest of XIII project to be released in the next two years.

VeloZer0
02-28-2010, 02:03 AM
SE's probably in no hurry since FFvXIII will take the place of FFXIV ...
You know information has been slow in coming when I forget about vXIII, which I was more interested in than XIII proper.

...for fans who hate MMO's.
There are plenty of other MMOs that I can play an enjoy, but finding JRPGs I can enjoy has been a very difficult task for me the last few years. Hence me (and others) wanting more focus on offline. (I do acknowledge how lucrative MMOs are though)

Course SE, could just continue to expand the Compilation of VII again ...
Oh god no

... or begin making more niche FF titles like Dissidia and the Ivalice Alliance.
*crosses fingers for a real sequel to FFT*

Overall, I expect more of the same of the last decade, 5-7 year developments between numbered FF entries with dozen of non-numbered FF titles being released between. We are coming upon a time now where FF is no longer a series and is instead a franchise.
A comic I once read comes to mind. It was about a Disney executive explaining the process on how they make a movie. First they come up with a lovable mascot, then they start merchandising options, then they begin selling rights to the character. When an observer asks when they are actually going to make the movie he is told that making a movie is a very expensive and risky step and they are trying to find a way to phase it out.

I also expect some ports, DLC, and remakes of old titles as well.
I think the problem is that FF fans are far, far to loyal to the brand. If we paid less attention to the spin offs and ports they would probably expedite development on the main series.

XV will be an interesting title to speculate on but right now, I feel it is much too early to be even thinking about it cause XIII is just around the corner and we are still looking at XIV and the rest of XIII project to be released in the next two years.
At this point I think discussion XV is in the same ballpark as the 'where do you think the series should go from here' discussions. And everyone feels strongly about those.

Tokimadoushi
03-04-2010, 12:31 PM
I wonder if it will be compatible with Project Natal? That would be pretty interesting! I'm sure by the time it comes out the technology will be used in new games. :cool:

Mirage
03-04-2010, 02:12 PM
If i'm gonna make a wild guess, i'd say abso-smurfing-lutely not.

VeloZer0
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
If it is I am probably looking at a no buy. As far as I am concerned motion sensing/capture is just a big gimmick, and not practical for serious gaming applications.

If Natal wants to map my body movement as I lay motionless on the couch playing be my guest.

Rad Bromance
03-07-2010, 04:52 AM
SE's probably in no hurry since FFvXIII will take the place of FFXIV for fans who hate MMO's.
I never really thought about this. This explains the time frame X-2 was released in.

I just hope vXIII doesn't go the same "recycle the whole world and enemies from related game" route.

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Its suppose to be an original title that blends KH's style gameplay with FPS (in theory) how this will actually work out we don't know, cause Nomura won't smurfing release gameplay footage and apparently the ones he did were terrible since they were simply a mock model of what they were striving for and no where near where they wanted it to be, they simply showed it to the press to signal that they were still making it.

Suffice to say, Agito and XIV will arrive long before vXIII does.

VeloZer0
03-07-2010, 06:10 AM
I haven't heard anything about Agito in about the same amount of time I haven't heard anything about vXIII.

Wolf Kanno
03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
That's cause no one talks about it cause everyone is more obsessed with their console brethren. I think there are more site speculating what Versus is going to be like than their are actualy sites covering the real info of Agito. Agito at least has shown several in-game scenes as well as a few battles and summons. There actually a bit of info, you just have to actually bother looking it up cause very few places really give it coverage.

VeloZer0
03-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm lazy and only bother reading news that pops up on this forum :)
Life is too short to scour the internet for info on something you can just wait and experience yourself.

Too be fair, the concept for Agito looks much less appealing to western audiences in general.

hitman1984
03-09-2010, 03:20 PM
tbh with XIII here and now 3 years is fair enough to me to wait for the next big installment, i would imagine DLC coming out for XIII will keep alot of people interested in that game for a while. i would rather wait for XV had have a really good game then have it rushed out and for it to be a huge disappointment.