PDA

View Full Version : Going Green

Rebellious Eagle
02-28-2010, 12:52 AM
So, for no particular reason, I'm curious...what's your favorite vegetable/fruit? I mean, I can't be the only person who loves broccoli, am I right? Right!?

Shlup
02-28-2010, 12:55 AM
I love broccoli. My favorite veggie is artichokes though. I like most veggies. Basically any I can think of other than cauliflower and lima beans.

My favorite fruits are strawberries, watermelons, nectarines, and pineapple.

demondude
02-28-2010, 12:55 AM
I looooove Brussels Sprouts.

Bunny
02-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Asparagus and artichokes are delicious. For fruits, I like oranges, watermelon and pineapple.

cloud21zidane16
02-28-2010, 01:00 AM
I love runner beans:)

Rantz
02-28-2010, 01:23 AM
Broccoli is delish. I'm partial to fruit and veggies in general though. Asparagus is like heaven in bite-size. Artichoke, corn on the cob, avocado... mmm.

oddler
02-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Broccoli is awesome and so is its albino cousin, Cauliflower. Oranges are about the only fruit that I actually enjoy.

Mo-Nercy
02-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I love broccoli too <3.
I have a thing for spinach and baby spinach as well.

My favourite fruit is probably the apple, ironically enough.

Aerith's Knight
02-28-2010, 03:18 PM
Favorite fruit is the seedless white grape.

And favorite veggie are green peas, no question.

Rodarian
02-28-2010, 03:47 PM
Lettuces and Carrots do it for me! :mymelomfg:

Breine
02-28-2010, 04:05 PM
I love all kinds of fruits and vegetables, actually. I can't think of one that I don't like.

As with everything else, I have a hard time naming my favourite of something.. but broccoli is a good contestant for the veggies. As for fruits, it's probably something like pomelos or something. They're sooo good!

Pheesh
02-28-2010, 04:12 PM
I'm a sucker for lettuce when it's done in a really nice salad (doesn't even need to be other stuff in there). But I also love artichokes, cherry tomatoes (or is that a fruit?), and baby corn. But I do like a lot of different vegies.

As far as fruit goes, Pomegranate is hands down my favourite, when I can get it. I love cherries as well.

I Took the Red Pill
02-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Broccoli is excellent. So is cauliflower. So are carrots, asparagus, corn, lettuce, pea pods; most vegetables are great. Fruit is all good, notably apples, strawberries, and kiwis.

vinnie's mini's
02-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Broccoli and green beans are the best <3

I like quite a few fruits but strawberries and white grapes would have to be the best for me :omghey:

kikimm
02-28-2010, 04:57 PM
I love almost all vegetables, but parsnips are my favourite right now. I'm a little more picky about fruits; I don't like any stone fruits. Raspberries are my one true love though :heart:

Jess
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm really picky when it comes to vegetables. I'll only eat, lettuce, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers, onions & carrots.

I like fruits! Mostly strawberries and apples. :jess:

Zeldy
02-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Broccoli and Cauliflower are my absolute favourites :heart:. As for fruit, apples, melon, pineapple, bananas.. there's not many I don't like~ Regarding salad, I freaking LOVE cucumber and lettuce, OH and carrots!

Rocket Edge
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Another broccoli lover. I'd eat anything really I'm not picky, apart from parsnips.

Marshall Banana
02-28-2010, 10:13 PM
My favorite fruits are strawberries, watermelons, nectarines, and pineapple and oranges.

Jiro
03-01-2010, 06:55 AM
So, for no particular reason, I'm curious...what's your favorite vegetable/fruit? I mean, I can't be the only person who loves broccoli, am I right? Right!?

I came in here to say "yes, you are" but everybody already said they like broccoli. I'm actually a fan too!

Mango, watermelon and rockmelon is where it's at though

Pheesh
03-01-2010, 07:10 AM
OMG! And grapefruit. Can't believe I forgot grapefruit...that's high on the favourites list.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-01-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm a sucker for lettuce when it's done in a really nice salad (doesn't even need to be other stuff in there). But I also love artichokes, cherry tomatoes (or is that a fruit?), and baby corn. But I do like a lot of different vegies.

As far as fruit goes, Pomegranate is hands down my favourite, when I can get it. I love cherries as well.

Tomatoes are fruits according to biologist and vegetables according to cooks. *shrugs*

My favourite vegetable is a raw carrot, especially fresh from the garden.

My favourite fruit is the banana~

qwertysaur
03-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Pomegranates are love. Also Raspberries are wonderful to snack on. :p

Rebellious Eagle
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
So many broccoli lovers! I swoon. <3
And I do agree with most of you, apples and pineapples are so very delicious. I've never had pomegranates, though, but they're apparently not that sweet?

Shiny
03-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I love all sorts of fruit and vegetables. It's hard to pin point my favorite, but among the ones I love are:

Broccoli
Asparagus
Cucumbers
Romaine lettuce
Spinach (But I didn't buff up like Popeye)
Pickled cauliflower
Black beans
Celery
Bell Peppers
Certain spicy peppers, but I cant remember the names right now
Potatoes
Red Potatoes
Corn

And for the fruits we have:

Grapes (both green and purple...not a fan of the red ones)
Apples (certain brands I don't like but Granny Smiths are delish)
Peaches (n' cream)
Oranges
Watermelon
Bananas
Strawberries
Mangos
Grapefruit (Only with sugar)
Kiwis
Pineapples

My favorite fruit is actually probably peaches -- though with all the orange and apple juice I drink you'd think otherwise.

Raistlin
03-02-2010, 01:53 AM
For vegetables, I like cooked broccoli and corn. My favorite raw vegetable is carrots.

My favorite fruits are apples and grapes.

Pheesh
03-02-2010, 04:06 AM
I've never had pomegranates, though, but they're apparently not that sweet?

I was going to try and describe the awesome taste explosion that is eating a pomegranate but I can't really describe it. Just go eat one! The only problem is how much time has to be invested into eating one (although, I saw this handy trick where if you cut it in half and then hold the half upside down over a bowl and then beat on it with a wooden spoon or something then most of the fruit should come out).

Jiro
03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
My brother likes to eat raw tomatoes and raw potatoes a lot. He eats them like apples. Just... very expensive apples.

Mo-Nercy
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM
My brother likes to eat raw tomatoes and raw potatoes a lot. He eats them like apples. Just... very expensive apples.
RAW POTATOES?! I didn't know you could do that. I was taught when I was young that it was bad to eat a potato raw.

Rase
03-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Vegetables as a whole suck. I guess my favorites would be either carrots or potatoes. Fruit is where it's at though: strawberries, watermelon, apples, grapes, cherries... So many tasty options.

qwertysaur
03-03-2010, 04:08 AM
The potato does not count as a vegetable. :p Also good thing you brother doesn't do that with onions Jiro.

Madonna
03-03-2010, 07:07 AM
I like melons if only because no one else made the joke yet!

Rye
03-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I love broccoli. I can eat just about any green veggie, provided it's prepared in the way I like it, which is to say, crisp with a little bit of butter sauce. Nothing worse than a flavorless, soggy veggie, right?

My favorite veggie is string beans.

As for fruits, I like watermelon, apples (Gala apples are great, anything red and yellow), cantaloupe, satsumas and the other orange fruits, lemons & limes, and grapes. Strawberries if they're sweet enough.

I could eat grapes forever. :greenie:

Brennan
03-05-2010, 02:15 AM
Apples, carrots, watermelon, salad, cabbage is all I need.