PDA

View Full Version : Tropical southern feel!

arcanedude34
02-28-2010, 01:48 AM
The aloha shirts, straw hats, pearlarmlets and sandals. Do they do anything funky when you equip the full set on a character, or all characters? Or are they just there as joke equipment?

Rantz
02-28-2010, 02:07 AM
They're useless, so basically just joke equipment. They sell for good gil though, the Aloha T-shirts in particular.

cloud21zidane16
03-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I wish they did, maybe even if you could just see the characters wearing it during battle:) but sadly its just a joke.

Flying Mullet
03-01-2010, 04:54 PM
maybe even if you could just see the characters wearing it during battle:)
This would have been nice.

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Theyre for people who want to fight ozma with a challenge

Kyros
03-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Theyre for people who want to fight ozma with a challenge

This sounds right since Ozma's not a challenge otherwise :P

qwertysaur
03-02-2010, 06:01 PM
it spawns fanfiction. Probably bad fanfiction.

Shotgunnova
03-05-2010, 03:46 AM
IIRC, they actually make the character weak to element(s). So, yeah, quite useless in the long run.

Big D
03-06-2010, 01:09 AM
While there's no actual gameplay connection, they do seem to tie in with the 'save the game at every beach in the world' bonus. Thing is... I don't even remember what you get for doing that. A Key Item of some kind?

Rantz
03-06-2010, 02:02 AM
I think you may be confusing things. After getting all the Chocograph treasures as well as all Chocobo treasures from bubbles and cracks, if you talk to the Fat chocobo with the square button (as if to challenge him to Tetra Master), he'll tell you to visit all the beaches in the world. You don't have to save at the beaches though, it's enough to simply press circle (cancel) while on foot and you will hear a chime, which counts as a visit. When you visit the last beach, a message will say, "Watched the waves around the world and relaxed..." and you will have your HP/MP fully restored and status effects cured. After this, you can visit any beach in the world at any time and have the same thing happen. It has no connection to the tropical equipment.

Big D
03-06-2010, 02:05 AM
That's it. Not saving, simply hitting that button. I knew it didn't actually relate to the tropical equipment, but the whole 'relaxing at the beach' thing just seemed thematically similar :</>D

Rantz
03-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Ah, yes. xD Perhaps if your whole party is equipped with it, all the while completing the beaches of the world sidequest, while whistling "In the Summertime", something good will happen! Like Zidane and Dagger being replaced with David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson.

Big D
03-06-2010, 02:53 AM
A reliable source tells me it can revive Aerith.

arcanedude34
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
No, that's stupid. That's how you fight Cheese WEAPON. THEN Aerith comes back to life. Duh.

Depression Moon
03-07-2010, 12:13 AM
I think you may be confusing things. After getting all the Chocograph treasures as well as all Chocobo treasures from bubbles and cracks, if you talk to the Fat chocobo with the square button (as if to challenge him to Tetra Master), he'll tell you to visit all the beaches in the world. You don't have to save at the beaches though, it's enough to simply press circle (cancel) while on foot and you will hear a chime, which counts as a visit. When you visit the last beach, a message will say, "Watched the waves around the world and relaxed..." and you will have your HP/MP fully restored and status effects cured. After this, you can visit any beach in the world at any time and have the same thing happen. It has no connection to the tropical equipment.

Damn, and I thought I knew every little secret in the game.

This sounds right since Ozma's not a challenge otherwise

You know that's not exactly true or was that face thing sarcasm?

The Aloha stuff is pretty disappointing if I had made the game I would've at least made them change the characters appearance in battle.

Kyros
03-07-2010, 07:21 AM
I've never talked to anyone that's found Ozma hard so no it wasn't sarcasm :P

It woulda been nice if the equipment had changed the equipped person's battle look or their map sprite or something =/

charliepanayi
03-07-2010, 09:56 AM
I've never talked to anyone that's found Ozma hard so no it wasn't sarcasm :P

You havn't spoken to many FFIX players then. Lots of people found Ozma hard.

Rad Bromance
03-07-2010, 10:07 PM
I've never talked to anyone that's found Ozma hard so no it wasn't sarcasm :p
Yeah me either. He was a pretty disappointing optional super boss.

eestlinc
03-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Ozma is not as prohibitively difficult to beat as the optional bosses in other games. But he's still hard to beat.