PDA

View Full Version : nerf nerf internet presence nerf nerf

Moon Rabbits
02-28-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't like being able to be googled, pretty much.

Out of strict and genuine curiosity, is there a way to have my account deleted here? ie. deleted as in my posts will all disappear!

Raistlin
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
This is why I enjoy having a common name. I have tried and tried, but given the information on a resume, I have not been able to find myself through a Google search.

Psychotic
02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't know what this has to do with the Wonder Square so I moved it. :shobon:

Anyway-

No, we do not delete accounts on request, and even if we did, the posts would still remain. We can delete specific posts on request if you can't delete them yourself (ie, they are in the archives or a closed thread)

Rantz
02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm sure we could make an exception to what Psy mentioned if there's a really good reason for wanting it removed and we can be sure it isn't anyone else using your account to make the request.

However, I don't think deleting the account would do much more for "not being Googlable" than to just stop posting would, although I'm not certain of the technicalities of it. Roogle might have some valuable input there.

Momiji
02-28-2010, 08:02 PM
I guess you can consider yourself fortunate that googling 'Moon Rabbits' brings up brand names, Touhou, hentai, Japanese legends, and so on, and even 12 pages in, nothing about your EoFF account come up.

Moon Rabbits
02-28-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure we could make an exception to what Psy mentioned if there's a really good reason for wanting it removed and we can be sure it isn't anyone else using your account to make the request.

However, I don't think deleting the account would do much more for "not being Googlable" than to just stop posting would, although I'm not certain of the technicalities of it. Roogle might have some valuable input there.

Well, yes, it is definitely meeeeee. I'm just more concerned with pictures I've posted of myself; my poetry; personal infos. uhhh more just the fact that five years of my life are pretty well documented here and I've grown increasingly uncomfortable with that ;D I guess I don't have a "really good reason" other than the fact that I just ... I dunno! I just don't like it for the same reasons I don't like facebook (and subsequently deleted it). Ugh oh.

The problem with requesting specific posts for deletion is that I don't want to spend hours finding them - _ - it would just make my life 1000x easier for the account to be deleted along with all of its content. Which I guess is impossible and oh well!

Jessweeee♪
03-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Well, yes, it is definitely meeeeee. I'm just more concerned with pictures I've posted of myself; my poetry; personal infos. uhhh more just the fact that five years of my life are pretty well documented here and I've grown increasingly uncomfortable with that ;D I guess I don't have a "really good reason" other than the fact that I just ... I dunno! I just don't like it for the same reasons I don't like facebook (and subsequently deleted it). Ugh oh.

The problem with requesting specific posts for deletion is that I don't want to spend hours finding them - _ - it would just make my life 1000x easier for the account to be deleted along with all of its content. Which I guess is impossible and oh well!

That's why you have to do your spring cleaning on the internet as well!

rubah
03-01-2010, 01:17 AM
Ask for a name change; search forums for instances of you posting certain details and edit them