PDA

View Full Version : Cursed Shield

doeboyfresh14
02-28-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm trying to uncurse the cursed shield. I know about putting the ribbon on. But my question is what is the criteria of the battles. do they have to be in a row, on the same character, with out saving in between:confused:

Any help would be appreciated.

blackmage_nuke
02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
The battles to my knowledge can be in any row, the counter does not reset if you change characters, and you can save and load in between. As long as the Cursed Shield is equiped when you start the battle and when you win (I believe you have to win, no running) the battle it will add to the 255 battle counter. Also i think the person equipping it has to be alive

If I recall you dont NEED the ribbon but it just helps the battle alot.

Wolf Kanno
02-28-2010, 11:52 PM
As blackmage_nuke said, the only real requirement is to have a character equipped with it and have them stay alive til the end. Relm and Shadow are my favorite characters to use thanks to the Ribbon and Memento Ring protecting from all status afflictions the shield gives. My suggestion would be to teach magic to characters in the Cactuar Desert near Maranda (if you are playing the GBA version, beware of Jumbo Cactuar. If you are worried about leveling too much thanks to the Sand Worms I also suggest going back to the island where Celes begins in the Ruined World as the enemies have ridiculously low health and tend to die on their own since they have a permanent Sap effect on them, if you are fast enough, Locke can steal Megalixers (sp?) from the enemies.

Saber
03-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Beware of the sand area if you go for the place Celes starts in WoR. Anyways its easy to do it there as the battles give you 1 exp point. You can easily math out when the cursed shield will be uncursed.

doeboyfresh14
03-01-2010, 09:26 PM
someone originally told me that the battles how to be in a row without entering the menu or saving. :omg:

glad that wasn't the case. Thanks for everyones help. Hopefully they fix the PSN problem so i can use my ps3 tonight...

Flying Mullet
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Whomever told you that was pranking you.

blackmage_nuke
03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
When you said "row" in the first post i thought you meant back row or front row.

But regardless of that the battles dont have to be consecutive

*Laurelindo*
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Is it worth just equipping the shield and let the uncursing thing go by itself while you play the rest of the game normally?
Because if we assume you fight about one battle every other minute, this means it will take at least 510 minutes = 8.5 hours to uncurse it. :(

I guess fighting the idiots on Solitary Island is the best method after all.

Flying Mullet
04-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I always play the game normally, with one character equipped with the Cursed Shield and a Ribbon. You can also use Shadow or Relm to equip the Memento Ring as well and that removes the countdown effect.

Zeromus_X
04-07-2010, 11:36 AM
If you're playing a physical copy of the game, it might be best to Ribbon it up for the rest of the game. If you're playing on an emulator, hit up the Solitary Island and hold down the turbo button.

theundeadhero
04-09-2010, 03:49 AM
As soon as I get it I just equip Sabin with it and a ribbon then continue on with the game. It's always done by the end.