PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Age: Origins (Spoilers) My Grey Warden's attitude was...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-01-2010, 01:07 AM
A bit more down to earth than most Bioware PCs, I've played with in the past. He wasn't an evil man, but it when came to impressing Morrigan, he betrayed the Dalish elves. He preserved the Anvil of the Void. He killed Wynne. He sided with a Lothering merchant. And he destroyed the Urn of Sacred Ashes all in an effort to please Morrigan. But the Witch of the Wilds, wasn't enough for him, he wanted Leliana too...He was crazy about both of them but when push came to shove, he ultimately chose Leliana because he had a feeling that Morrigan would leave him in the end. So he decided to leave her first.

So what kind of attitude does your Grey Warden have?

McLovin'
03-01-2010, 04:17 AM
he's a fucking asshole.

demondude
03-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Well he threw Sten into mobs of enemies to watch him die because Sten is a bastard.

Madame Adequate
03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
She is a complete psychopath who kills people for :bou::bou::bou::bou:s and giggles and had a great time screwing over a fellow Elf. See, he had a sword I wanted. If he lost it, it was his head. I threatened to report him for desertion if he didn't give me it, which would have resulted in his execution as well.

"But you... you wouldn't do this, not to another Elf!"
"All the more reason to believe me."

Aerith's Knight
03-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Mine was a saint. Always picking the right moral choice, and I still got Morrigan and Leliana. Although in my second play-through I did kill Zevran, mostly because I didn't forget about his betrayal.

~*~Celes~*~
03-02-2010, 12:24 AM
She is a graceful, beautiful, wonderful person who was seen as a saint, which won major favor points for Allistair :) They are happily engaged and she is to be queen once they marry :D

LunarWeaver
03-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I sadly lack a social life to the point I have played both and some mixtures.

Jessweeee♪
03-02-2010, 10:19 PM
If I ever get around to playing this myself I'm going to completely contradict myself constantly.

Iceglow
03-04-2010, 07:32 PM
My character Aedan, son of Teyn Cousland and all around nice guy except for when people were being annoying he then intimidated and persuaded them to be less so. He ended up with Leilana and Morrigan fighting over him to the point that both publicly approached him and reprimanded him for being so close to the pair of them. He chose Morrigan over the Orlesian bard but she was still in love with him throughout their journey. He left the heir to the arling of Denerim to die in his own dungeons when the man treated elves like crap. He insisted that Loghain must die for his crimes and executed him personally. He survived with the help of Morrigan and gave contradicting answers at the end he said to Allistair during the cutscene convo he would return to the wardens. He then told Allistair during a private convo that he would find Morrigan. At the end of the game he was pining for Morrigan with the hopes of one day seeking her out

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 07:42 PM
MUST. BUY. DRAGON AGE.

demondude
03-04-2010, 08:03 PM
You should. In fact, buy every Bioware game ever made.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
But I only have a 360! :(

Iceglow
03-04-2010, 09:29 PM
their earlier games you could go get for the pc easily. In fact getting KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and also the Bauldurs Gate 2 games would be far easier for PC and considering their age now would not require the earth shattering specs of todays games to run. As for Mass Effect, you should already have it on your 360.

Laddy
03-05-2010, 11:40 AM
I was a godd guy who liked to have fun. I boned everyone and anyone I could.

Quindiana Jones
03-05-2010, 12:02 PM
their earlier games you could go get for the pc easily. In fact getting KOTOR and KOTOR 2 and also the Bauldurs Gate 2 games would be far easier for PC and considering their age now would not require the earth shattering specs of todays games to run. As for Mass Effect, you should already have it on your 360.

To be honest, I'm considering grabbing a new PC anyway. My current one has cave paintings on the inside. Expect a Help thread! xD

Vyk
03-05-2010, 12:35 PM
For the record, the KoTOR XBox games run on 360 if you can download the patch from Live (doesn't require a gold account) but they're much prettier on PC (I've played both)

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
You should. In fact, buy every Bioware game ever made.

Not every Bioware game out is worth buying take Jade Empire and Sonic Chronicles for example. Jade Empire is somewhat tiresome because of the long loading times, too short to read a book but too long to sit there and wait for what seems like an eternity. Also the PC protagonist in JE and Dawn Star are freaking idiots, you think with a name like the Glorious Strategist they would've saw that betrayal coming from a mile away but they didn't. Not to mention that JE is very short for a JRPG experience but I guess that's because it's a "Canadianized" JRPG.

Sonic Chronicles is lightweight for an RPG, you can tell that it was made for kids like six to twelve year olds. But I guess it is pretty fun to tease Amy for being a "Captain Obvious" although they could've made the lighthearted Sonic RPG more engaging by adding some voice acting to the mix. Also if Sonic could've had an alternate romance with Rogue that would've been interesting too because it would've gave the player the freedom to choose between Rogue and Amy. But I guess Sonic Chronicles was what it was...Bioware had never made a handheld RPG before they did Sonic Chronicles and I guess they have a lot to learn before they make Sonic Chronicles Part 2.

But I digress, we were talking about Dragon Age: Origins so I guess I should try to stay on topic here...It's amazing how much better the love making scenes are in Dragon Age when compared to other Bioware games. I'd rather see DA:O characters dry humping each other in their underwear as opposed to seeing ME2 characters just making out in bed fully clothed.

Iceglow
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Heh I must be mad, or simply in love with the game. I only completed my first play through last night (character Aedan) I'm now doing a Dalish Elven Rogue character who to begin with has been the voice of reason and also the voice of hard choices. During her opening story she killed the 3 humans in the forest without a second thought and has so far stolen, picked locks and demanded people do things for her. The elf messenger in the battle camp at Ostagar is probably the worst thing she done so far aside from murdering the three humans and threatening to kill Daveth for flirting with her. I like Milf before me stole the sword of the dwarf and immediately equipped it to Allistair (you will regardless of your complaints use the items I blackmail and steal from others like a good little puppy)

Quindiana Jones
03-08-2010, 01:14 PM
My Grey Warden's attitude is pissed off because he's not getting any of the DLC. Fuck you, EA servers.

Iceglow
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I found out an awesome meltdown scene with Allistair actually, if you keep your party as you, dog, morrigan and allistair and go see the Revered Mother regarding Sten without the coercion skill trained in any way she'll refuse to allow you to take Sten even when you offer to invoke the right of conscription (she says it will make her appear to be publicly helping you which is bad) and in that situation you can threaten her life which makes Allistair flip out whilst Morrigan merely laughs about your tactics of threatening the revered mother it affects his relationship with you by -10 so if you're looking to be evil but have a romance with him then I reccomend keeping him out of your party once you acquire Sten. Either way, once you threaten her she gives you the key and tells you to leave and never return I done this quest last in the town of Lothering before going off to wardens keep dlc mission. Great fun I have to admit.

bipper
03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
massive spoilers. I pooped.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-09-2010, 02:11 AM

Don't tell me you haven't played Dragon Age: Origins yet! If you didn't then shame on you!

bipper
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM

Don't tell me you haven't played Dragon Age: Origins yet! If you didn't then shame on you!

Fraid so. I have kept too busy. I have awakening paid for and on reserve.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Fraid so. I have kept too busy. I have awakening paid for and on reserve.

Well I did write "SPOILERS" in title so you can't say that I didn't give you fair warning because I did.

By the way am I, the only one who's disappointed by the fact that there won't be any romance in DA:O Awakenings because I think all three of the new female "companions" should be romancable. But I guess that's lazy writing for ya...Although I'm still getting Awakenings because it's the closest thing we have to a Dragon Age: Origins sequel at this point.