PDA

View Full Version : Alpha/Beta Invites

Miriel
03-01-2010, 07:09 PM
With the eagerly anticipated FINAL FANTASY XIV drawing ever nearer its beta test phase, we are excited to announce that we will be conducting a closed alpha test—exclusive to our loyal FINAL FANTASY XI users!
Those who have been selected as beta testers can expect to receive further information starting from Monday, March 1.
* The tester website is scheduled to go live on Thursday, March 11.

Those who were not selected in this drawing, fear not, for there will be other opportunities to come. Be sure to stay tuned!

Apparently the first wave of invites has already been sent out, so check your emails!

From the people who have gotten in so far, it looks like only people with currently *active* ffxi accounts have gotten into the alpha testing. I'm sure the beta testing will be much broader, so I'm still hopeful.

Rantz
03-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Cbc/WildRaubtier claims to have gotten one, so if nobody from site staff has you should hunt him down or something.

Del Murder
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Didn't get it. :(

Mirage
03-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Neither did I. My world is falling apart.

Rostum
03-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Is it against the NDA to say you got in?

;)

Mirage
03-01-2010, 09:56 PM
What are they gonna do, kill you? :p

Rostum
03-01-2010, 10:32 PM
What are they gonna do, kill you? :p

;)

WildRaubtier
03-02-2010, 12:14 AM
- The release of information pertaining to the Alpha Test to sources
other than the Tester Site forum is strictly prohibited. Schedules for
the public release of information will be announced at a later date.
Until then, all information should be treated as confidential.

Huh. Guess it is against the NDA to say I got in.

Lionx
03-02-2010, 01:57 AM
/wrists

nirojan
03-02-2010, 06:44 PM
- The release of information pertaining to the Alpha Test to sources
other than the Tester Site forum is strictly prohibited. Schedules for
the public release of information will be announced at a later date.
Until then, all information should be treated as confidential.

Huh. Guess it is against the NDA to say I got in.

well you kinda just did lolz. wish i got a invite, its pretty stupid having NDAs.... most people will break them anyways.

Jiro
03-03-2010, 02:43 AM
I propose Omecle gives us the goss anyway. You know you want to ol' buddy ol' pal. Just go about it in a roundabout way and if there's any fallout then we have law students on here :D

Del Murder
03-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Maybe Ome can 'speculate' on what the game 'might be like' and his 'future' opinion on it.

Yeargdribble
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Don't worry. It seems as though the invites are still rolling out slowly so just because you haven't gotten one doesn't mean you won't. They very well could be rolling out until the 11th.

I think the NDA is going to be largely a joke. This is a different age. With the deep community that FFXI has built plus the 4chan type places the info will be leaked constantly.

While none of the main community sites will openly allow breaches of NDA on their forums, it's likely small forums will blow it all over the place and people will not be in the wrong to discuss it.

Here's waiting until the 11th to find out lots of info...

Rostum
03-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd hate to be a stickler, but I honestly hope not too much gets leaked. Mainly for the integrity of the game and all the hard work Square-Enix has put in to it.

I've noticed a lot of the gaming community don't actually understand the purpose of alpha/beta testing. However, I do realise this is not the case for a lot of people, but some just see it as a "try before buy!" type thing, or something they can gain by leaking information.

Need to realise these releases will not reflect the final release at all.

But on the other side, Square-Enix are great at being so secretive that it pisses their fan base off. So in that respect it'll be nice to have information available!

Del Murder
03-04-2010, 10:38 PM
I'd hate to be a stickler, but I honestly hope not too much gets leaked. Mainly for the integrity of the game and all the hard work Square-Enix has put in to it.

You just want to hoard all the information to yourself for as long as you can!

Depression Moon
03-04-2010, 11:12 PM
PS3 Beta?

Rostum
03-05-2010, 12:04 AM

You just want to hoard all the information to yourself for as long as you can!

IT'S ALL MINE!

Oh, this might interest some of you guys:
Eorzeapedia: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) News, Wiki, Forums, Community and more » FFXIclopedia Special Beta Recruitment (http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/03/04/ffxiclopedia-special-beta-recruitment/)
Special Final Fantasy XIV Beta Recruitment :: Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) at ZAM (http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=21779)

Lionx
03-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Where do you find your Square Enix Email? Is it on POL? Or is it something that only Security Token buyers get?

nirojan
03-05-2010, 12:37 AM
PS3 Beta?

yeah I'd definitely be a part of that....tbh my PC aint that great even if i did get in for the PC beta,I'd probably be running it on low specs. I'd rather run the PS3 beta because ill be in line with most other people.

Ultimage
03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Lionx, that would be the email that you entered here (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account) back when the security tokens came out.

Rostum
03-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Lionx, that would be the email that you entered here (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account) back when the security tokens came out.

Just to clarify, you don't need a security token either.

Lionx
03-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Oh alright lol. Thanks alot guys, appreciate it :)

EDIT: I just wondered, how would they know you play FFXI? Do i have to link my SE Account with my POL one?

Ultimage
03-05-2010, 03:57 AM
No problem, good luck getting in.

Rostum
03-05-2010, 04:27 AM
EDIT: I just wondered, how would they know you play FFXI? Do i have to link my SE Account with my POL one?

It would be nice to.

MrSchpagge
03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Can new members get the invites?

I joined two days ago and want to know if I should get my hopes up or not.

Yeargdribble
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM

I've noticed a lot of the gaming community don't actually understand the purpose of alpha/beta testing. However, I do realise this is not the case for a lot of people, but some just see it as a "try before buy!" type thing, or something they can gain by leaking information.

Need to realise these releases will not reflect the final release at all.

But on the other side, Square-Enix are great at being so secretive that it pisses their fan base off. So in that respect it'll be nice to have information available!

As much as I want info, I largely agree. People are too stupid to realize that alphas/betas are going to be buggy and those on the outside my forecast the game as being such. MMOs more than most tend to be very different at release than during beta and almost unrecognizable from alpha. Hell, a year after release the game will be completely ridiculously different.

EDIT: As for newer players getting beta invites, those on BG reporting the reception of invites seemed to- without exception -have quite the resume in the game.

Mirage
03-06-2010, 11:46 AM
well, Wildraubtier doesn't have quite a resume and he got in :p.

WildRaubtier
03-07-2010, 02:18 AM
Yeah, my "in-game resume" is nothing special at all. I wouldn't trust reports coming from BG, personally, but that's just me.

Lionx
03-07-2010, 04:03 AM
They probably want a huge array of players, with and without MMO Experience to play it. Its best to have more different types of opinions.

Yeargdribble
03-07-2010, 06:53 PM
I figure it's more to do with the fact that most of the people who post or even lurk on BG have played for a very long time.

I don't know why you would suggest that the information on BG is somehow less trustworthy. I'd certainly trust it over Alla on any given day because most of the posters there have the built in BS-o-meter and don't really let stupid crap buy without something to back it up, though that's all pretty irrelevant when it comes to the beta invites.

I'm with Lionx about who they should pick, but being SE, they aren't necessarily thinking that logically about it. Optimally you'd want a wide age range, a mix of sexes, a mix of system specs, and a mix of those who are and are not familiar with MMOs in general.

nirojan
03-11-2010, 05:47 PM
Anyone else get a code with their version of FFXIII? Apparently we get an "in-game secret item" and we'll be put on the list for the PS3 beta test (If you bought the PS3 version).

Yeargdribble
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Word on the street is that applying for the PS3 beta nullifies your PC beta app.

Momiji
03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Never heard anything from them. :(

Rostum
03-13-2010, 10:13 PM
They'll still be giving out beta invites throughout the whole beta process.

Depression Moon
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
When will the PS3 beta be coming?

Ultimage
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
So far they have said that The PS3 Beta will be in the Beta 2 phase. So, Alpha will end "When they think it's ready," then Beta 1 will start. I don't remember if they said how long they wanted that to last. So, we still have a while until it starts.

Edit: Wow, after writing this, I decided to check Eorzeapedia and there was an article on the front page with a more detailed description of the beta process. Here's a link: Here (http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/05/04/famitsu-developer-qa-from-april-9th/#more-3376)