PDA

View Full Version : Cellular Devices

Miss_Lulu
03-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I've had Cellular One, Cingular, At&t and now Verizon.
Out of all of these I'm liking Verizon the best. I get great service and my phone is awesome. I've go the Chocolate Touch. It's completely touch screen. Plus it came with unlimited texting to anywhere IN THE WORLD. :cool:

So topic: What's your favorite cell phone provider and do you like touch screens, phones with QWERTY keyboards, flip phones, PDA phones, etc?

Rebellious Eagle
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm jealous. I want unlimited texting. D:
I used to use this crappy service called TracFone and now I use a slightly less crappy service called Net10. They both feature a prepaid minutes feature, but since I text a lot and it costs me money to text I constantly have to buy more minutes. It's annoying.
I don't really like touch phones but I love the sliding phones with a keyboard. So much easier to text that way.

Bunny
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I use Verizon and I have since my first cell phone. It works for me, and I hear horror stories about other companies (though Verizon is not without). I prefer QWERTY keyboards for the rare occasion that I text someone, they're easier to manage. I hate touch screen phones because I butt-dial sometimes or activate the voice-talking-command-thingy-that-interrupts-my-class-and-makes-me-look-dumb program.

Shiny
03-01-2010, 11:03 PM
The LG Chocolate 2 is so sexy. It's a shame Verizon discontinued it. I don't have a favorite phone company as they are all money hungry schemers though I do prefer Verizon over the others. After dealing with Sprint for some years, any phone company is better.

Raistlin
03-02-2010, 01:55 AM
I've only ever used Verizon, and personally have no complaints. I also prefer phones with QWERTY keyboards.

rubah
03-02-2010, 02:52 AM
I guess I have verizon now, since Alltel got bought out.

I use an LG Glimmer. I loved the concept, but the hardware is :bou::bou::bou::bou:. It's almost impossible to check texts because the touchscreen is so unresponsive. Looking forward to a replacement :)

Pheesh
03-02-2010, 04:19 AM
I have an iPhone with Telstra. You know...Telstra! Right guys!?

Damn 'mericans. :roll2

Xaven
03-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Verizon forever. Their service in Southern California is unparalleled. :P ATT used to suck beyond all reason, but they're slowly moving up to mediocre. T-Mobile is decent, but data service is still primitive. lol @ sprint

I like both touch screens and QWERTYs. My phone has both! LG enV Touch. :D Touch screen is fine, but lolno multi-touch.

Phonez

Mo-Nercy
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I have an iPhone with Telstra. You know...Telstra! Right guys!?

Damn 'mericans. :roll2
How patriotic of you. xD.

Telstra already monopolises our landlines, and I prefer not to use them because they're generally more pricey and I used to work for Optus.

My mobile phone is with Three. It does the job. Lots of free minutes to other Three users which is good for calling the missus.

I'm using the Samsung Omnia atm (first version) and it's good, I s'pose. I don't really need all the faux-smartphoney things it does because I just call, text and take photos, so I'll probably make a switch when the contract runs out. My girlfriend gets annoyed at the touchscreen, but I don't mind it. The QWERTY touchscreen keyboard is a plus, but the preset skin had tiny little icons that left me resorting to my stylus until I got the hang of it.

Pheesh
03-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Yeah, telstra are pricey, and I desperately try to avoid talking to them whenever I can, but you can not beat the coverage. I've been out in the middle of nowhere and I'll be the only one who can still get a decent signal (I only know 2 other people who are actually with telstra :s).

Araciel
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
I work for a Canadian cellular company called Telus, so I'm biased.. But honestly most providers are essentially the same, unless you have very specific needs or feel that you like unlimited texting for 10 dollars instead of 15 but want to pay the difference in your system access fee - it's all ridiculously aesthetic rather than functional when it comes to that stuff.

Anyway I have a BB Storm and still wonder why people hate the phone because it has worked perfectly for me since I got it at (canadian) launch.

It has a full keyboard on the click touch screen which is very important.

Jowy
03-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I have a verizon wireless blackberry curve 8520.

Namelessfengir
03-03-2010, 01:18 AM
tracfone for four phones now. moto, moto, lg, moto

I Took the Red Pill
03-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I have an LG Dare (touchscreen) with Verizon service and neither have failed me once so far. Back when I had Cingular (is that ATT now?) I had numerous problems with not only the phone but also with lots of dead zones in random places. Pissed me off like no other.

Agent Proto
03-03-2010, 03:18 AM
I have a Samsung Glyde, which is pretty cool, I guess. Too bad no one ever calls or text me enough to warrant owning it. :|

Brunettepudding
03-03-2010, 02:46 PM
I'm one of those lame people who has Metro PCS. I've heard terrible complaints about it all around, but here it actually works pretty nicely. Got a Samsung Freeform, as well. I think it's pretty sexy to wake up to it screaming 'I called her on the phone and she touched herself!' to me as my alarm clock. ;D

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 12:56 PM
My phone is a Samsung Tocco Lite, but I'll probably get a Sony Ericsson Satio (or another SE touchscreen phone) by the end of the year.

I like touch screens but I will definitely be getting a protective case for my next one. I'm not hugely keen on moveable parts on phones, so avoid flipphones etc. I'm happy using the touchscreen or numpads for entering in information rather than fiddly qwerty keyboards.

I want a full-touchscreen Sony Ericsson Walkman phone but they haven't made one yet. :(

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I'm on Vodafone.

I Don't Need A Name
03-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I have an Ericsson something or other. I don't care for needing up to date phones, and I despise touchscreen phones, so if it's got a numpad, it's fine by me. As long as it is on O2.

Jess
03-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm with O2. They're my favourite provider, purely because O2 seem to have the best signal - I very very rarely have problems with the signal on my phone, even on the train or in lifts! Their customer service absolutely awful, but I have no need to call them, ever. I know about phones, as I used to work in phone insurance so if I want an upgrade, I'll just go to the shop and get it. If I have any problems I can usually just sort it out online. I get 8 hours call time and unlimited texts for £20 a month on a rolling monthly contract, works for me.

I like candybar phones, or slide phones. Don't like flip phones, because I snapped one in half once. I get pretty basic but cute looking phones, I use my phone for texting and phoning and thats pretty much it. :jess: always nokia! but, on occasion thought about getting an iPhone purely for the fun apps - but I'm clumsy so I don't think a touch phone would really work for me! :jess:

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
O2 have been very good so far. No complaints. Want X10. Want X10 bad.

Assuming it doesn't turn out crap. But it's so sexy.

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Nokia X10 or Sony Ericsson Xperia X10?

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Sexy Ericssex SeXperia SeX10.

It just looks nice, haha. That's literally the only reason I'm thinking of getting one. Though I'll wait for a load of reviews, and if it turns out it runs like a bitch (as the first look reviews have said), I'll probably just stick with the oldie and mope.

Butz
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Love the phone hate the carrier. Good thing I can use my phone for more than making calls, else I be pissed.

Zeldy
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I have this:

http://blog.phoneslimited.co.uk/files/2009/12/u7510-pl.jpg

It's an unusual make, but I get it on Three on an 18-month contract. I pay £10 a month for 4000 texts and 75 minutes, aswell as free Three-Three calls. It's pretty neat. The signal I get with Three is great, when all of my friends are complaining of having none I nearly always have full bar!

Fonzie
03-06-2010, 02:39 AM
I use Verizon and my phone is the Blackberry Tour.

BBM is sooo useful and neat once you get the good upgrades! :D

Dignified Pauper
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I use a Motorola Droid. I also work at Verizon Wireless. I absolutely love my phone and am addicted to it.

Personally, I hate blackberry's software and don't like their set up.