PDA

View Full Version : Gorillaz Third Album

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2010, 03:24 AM
Looks like the Gorillaz's third album Plastic Beach is coming out next week on March 8th (a day before FFXIII hits). They've released a few amusing teaser items as well as a music video.

Murdoc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2GdlNOuvTI&feature=related)

Russel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmqPaqRM8sw&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=92103902902FF136)

2D (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3CKzZAi3xM&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=92103902902FF136)

Music Video: "Stylo" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9vAOzYz-Qs&feature=featured)

Its looking to be a pretty good album, I've enjoyed the samples I've heard so far and I'm a bit curious if some of the full orchestra work is going to make it to the album. Anyone else planning on giving this a listen or just any other Gorillaz fans? :cool:

NeoCracker
03-03-2010, 03:28 AM
I didn't even know this album was coming out.

I freakin' love their Demon Days Album, and their first had its own share of awesome.

I'll probably grab this as soon as I get the chance. :p

Edit: ...Is that Bruce Willis?

Wolf Kanno
03-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Yes, yes it is. :cool:

Shoeberto
03-03-2010, 04:11 AM
Holy god. I grinned like an idiot through the whole video. I love the Gorillaz so much. I guess I need to catch up with the narrative, though. I have no idea why they're on the run, nor why Noodles is a robot. But when she shot the cop car I lol'd hard.

Also, I love Murdoc. Seeing him crouched behind the steering wheel, driving like a mad man, cracked me up so much. Geeze, I'm gonna need to get this.

McLovin'
03-03-2010, 06:05 AM
You can listen to the whole thing on First Listen: Gorillaz : NPR (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=124114812)

Meat Puppet
03-03-2010, 06:33 AM
I wouldn’t mind russeling her, myself.

Wolf Kanno
03-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Its a pretty good album overall, not as polished and fluid as Demon Days but its got its own charm with its Pop feel. Its a definetly a fun album, in a way it really feels like a combination of the first two albums. Its like the first album in how much its experimental but its definetly more polished and thought out much like Demon Days was.

My fave tracks so far are:

Welcome to the World of Plastic Beach
Stylo
Empire Ants
On Melancholy Hill
Broken
To Binge

The only track I'm not feeling so far is Sweepstakes, it gets really grating after awhile.

Breine
03-10-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm a pretty big Gorillaz fan, and Stylo is a really good song. Plus, I've heard nothing but good things about this new album, so chances are that I'll pick it up at one point or another.

Rad Bromance
03-11-2010, 04:24 AM
I had no idea they were even still together. I just heard their first album then never ever heard or saw anything about them again.

Are they still doing the animated band thing? That drew my interest in their first album far more than the music itself did.

charliepanayi
03-11-2010, 07:23 AM
I had no idea they were even still together. I just heard their first album then never ever heard or saw anything about them again.

Are they still doing the animated band thing? That drew my interest in their first album far more than the music itself did.

Yeah, though they now have a lot more collaborators/guests on their songs.

I'm surprised you havn't heard anything about them since 2001. Demon Days (their second album) made quite a splash when it came out. But maybe this was predominantly in the UK.

Breine
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Yeah, though they now have a lot more collaborators/guests on their songs.

I'm surprised you havn't heard anything about them since 2001. Demon Days (their second album) made quite a splash when it came out. But maybe this was predominantly in the UK.

Nope. Demon Days was pretty much a big album all over the world, as far as I know.

Wolf Kanno
03-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I'm surprised you never heard of Dare and Feel Good Inc. cause those songs were pretty big hits for the band from their second album.

Baloki
03-11-2010, 09:15 PM
It feels a lot more laid back then their previous outings, I'm not sure if I like it yet though, but it is growing on me quite a bit.

NeoCracker
03-21-2010, 06:11 AM
It's pretty rad. Twas odd to see Snoop Dog featured right off the back in "Welcome to the World of Plastic Beach''.

The orchestral intro and that song were pretty rad, but as soons as it switched to White Flag I groaned. It wasn't really a very good song, and seriously bothered me.

Though then came Rhinestone Eyes, and It's quite possibly my favorite track.

Best few Tracks?

Rhinestone Eyes
Stylo
Some Kind of Nature
On Melencholy Hill

The tracks that just aren't that good?

White Flag
Sweepstakes (By far the worst)
Plastic Beach (Odd for the title Track I'd say...)

Overall, I dig it. Tis an awesome album.