PDA

View Full Version : Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

NeoCracker
03-03-2010, 04:45 AM
Some of us may know about XSeed remaking this classic, and I have obtained my copy to allow you to know how much ass it kicks.

It opens during the fight with the Magic Emperor prior to Lunar's actual begginning. It seems the original four heroes knew him, and you play through the battle, though you don't really see how things conclude after his defeat.

Then it starts off where the original game did, in Burg. So far, it's playing out just like the original.

The graphics are updated to the more 3D models, though I can't really say they are more appeasing physically, I'd put it about the same level in that regard.

The big boost in this game is the audio. Alex's Ocorina sounds so much better, I love it. on a whole, Audio quality is better, and the new VA's are about as good as the originals so far.

I can't comment much on the 'arts' system they are using, which are strong attacks you build up a gauge by taking and dealing damage to use, since I've yet to make use of it, but the battle systems seems, on the whole, the same with only minor changes.

So far I must say it is indeed quite good.

Edit: Also, I say this as a person who really enjoyed the original opening, but the new one is far superior. The melody is the same, but the lyrics are different, so i think they re-translated it for this version, and they definitely have more relevance and are overall better.

Ultima Shadow
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Haven't got it yet, but I absolutely will. I totally loved the PS1 versions of the first two games. There's no way I won't love a PSP port as well.

Did they keep the original anime-cutscenes? :greenie:

NeoCracker
03-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Haven't got it yet, but I absolutely will. I totally loved the PS1 versions of the first two games. There's no way I won't love a PSP port as well.

Did they keep the original anime-cutscenes? :greenie:

They were touched up and re-voiced, but yeah, basically the same scenes. :p

And I revise an earlier statement, after the Nostolgia of the first game wore off, I concede this one does in fact look more appeasing. :p

And Quark's new VA is awesome.