PDA

View Full Version : Icy Queue

Madonna
03-03-2010, 06:57 AM
<@Roogle> Can you please create a thread in General Chat and ask if anyone uses ICQ regularly (separate answers for "as part of a multiple IM client" and using the actual ICQ client)

Do you use ICQ regularly?!

As part of a multiple IM client or the actual ICQ client!?

~*~

Once you state you do not even know what ICQ is, please share your Windows Live, Y! Messenger, or AIM handles/screennames so as to be harassed by your fellow EoFFers!

You can catch me on AIM as Teh Genius Lynx!

Bunny
03-03-2010, 07:06 AM
ICQ was my first instant messaging program. I no longer use it. I also do not use any multiple IM client because they are all pretty bad.

My IM contacts are in my profile. I warn you though, I'm pretty boring to talk to. Just ask the dozens of people that don't do it on a daily basis!

Pheesh
03-03-2010, 08:15 AM
I used to use ICQ, but I don't anymore, it was on the old computer and I never bothered to reinstall it when I got my laptop.

I use Live, but I don't really chat much on there, but I'm always signed in. My addy is mrobesety@hotmail .com

Notice how when I was 8 I didn't know how to spell obesity. ^^ Isn't that just adorable.

G13
03-03-2010, 11:38 AM
Once you state you do not even know what ICQ is, please share your Windows Live, Y! Messenger, or AIM handles/screennames so as to be harassed by your fellow EoFFers!

Good luck! I'm never on. :p

rubah
03-03-2010, 05:37 PM
I've never used ICQ

Shoeberto
03-03-2010, 05:55 PM
I used it Back In The Day. I used the standalone client until... maybe 2003? Then I started using Trillian, and ran it in there. I'm not sure when I gave up on it entirely, but considering I didn't know anyone at all who used it after a time, it didn't really matter. It was a very junior high-aged thing.

Raistlin
03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
I used ICQ (the actual client) a bunch about 10 years ago, back when it was really the IM service. It seemed to be more ubiquitous than anything else. I stopped using it about 7-8 years ago, though, around when it started dying off for whatever reason.

Rantz
03-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I think I had an ICQ number (lol numbers) way back, but I don't think I used it very actively! I don't think I ever bothered to add it to any multiple IM client I've used, either.

My MSN and AIM handles are in my profile! I also have Gtalk and Y!M (never signed in to the latter though), but eh.

Breine
03-03-2010, 08:23 PM
ICQ was my first instant messaging program.

Mine too. But just like Bunny I don't use it anymore. I haven't used it in ages.

Xaven
03-04-2010, 09:15 AM
I still have my ICQ number memorized. 305919316. Now Roogle can bug me with philosophical emergencies, since none of you guys use it. Well, I don't use it either anymore since I don't know another soul who does. I used to use it (like 2003) to chat on AIM back when there was one family computer, and I was a limited user who couldn't install anything (including IM clients) or get around heavy firewalls. The only way to chat with the outside world, I discovered, was to abuse the web-based ICQ2Go java applet. (ICQ and AIM connect to the same network, so I could IM everyone on AIM. :D)

Like I said, I haven't logged on in forever though. :P As everyone said, ICQ is teh oldz.

IM handles are in the profiles, lynxie. >:O

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 11:05 AM
I used to use it a long time back, too. Completely forgot about it lately, though. It was a decent enough system, but the number system for ID's is what probably let it down, along with the lack of integration with the rest of the web (or in the case of AIM, a major ISP).

Raistlin
03-04-2010, 10:16 PM
I still have my ICQ number memorized. 305919316.

63664743. I am way more old school than you. :cool:

I actually liked the number system, because it allowed you to use any screen name you wanted so you didn't have obnoxious SNs like with AIM. Of course, MSN does it better by using an email system, but oh well. ICQ was still great back in the day.