PDA

View Full Version : Odd thing happened a moment ago..

MrSchpagge
03-04-2010, 08:32 AM
I was going through northern crater for the first time, and I got into a battle with two gremlins and a sculpture. I cast bad breath, turning all enemies into little confused poisoned froggies.:D

Tried morphing sculpture which took it out of sleep. Teh sculpture then attacked Cloud for 1 damage, and when Cloud counter attecked, it said 'Death' rather than giving a numerical value.

What might have caused this?

Saber
03-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Having the Slash all materia on when its leveled up. Is Clouds command saying flash instead of Attack, 2x cut, or 4x cut? The only other idea is that you have Death as an added effect using materia.

MrSchpagge
03-04-2010, 12:37 PM
I have (Time)=(Added Effect) and (Alexander)=(Elemental) in the Organics. Unless Holy is instant death to some creatures, I have no explanation.

And no, I don't have Flash yet, still too early in the game.

seiferalmasy2
03-08-2010, 12:35 AM
sculpture: confirmed death with holy.

I checked the game file. There are the following criteria:

Death
Never Miss
X2 damage
half Damage
No damage
Absorb
Full recovery

so any holy hits that thing, it is death. So if you use alexander as a summon, it will also be death, one thing I am going to do with an inceased difficulty mod is force players to find these weaknesses and exploit them...rather thabn hack and slash with sword or use any old magic. The system FF7 uses is brilliant but the application is not as good.