PDA

View Full Version : How many Weapons are there?

MrSchpagge
03-04-2010, 09:38 AM
In the scene when the Weapons are leaving the crater, you see Ultima takes off, and four more come out of the crater.

The first is the one I can't identify; the rest are Diamond, Emerald, and Ruby, in that order.

A far as I knew there were only four Weapons.

Did I miss something?

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2010, 10:33 AM
There are five Weapons in FFVII. You've correctly named 3 of them. The other two are Ultima (who you kill to get Cloud's best weapon) and Sapphire (who you don't fight in-game but gets shot in the face by the Junon Cannon).

MrSchpagge
03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
There are five Weapons in FFVII. You've correctly named 3 of them. The other two are Ultima (who you kill to get Cloud's best weapon) and Sapphire (who you don't fight in-game but gets shot in the face by the Junon Cannon).

I mentioned Ultima in the first sentence; it's the one that almost runs into the Highwind as it takes off.

And I always thought Emerald was the one that got shot by the Sister Ray; that's why you fight it in the ocean area around Junon.

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2010, 12:45 PM

I mentioned Ultima in the first sentence; it's the one that almost runs into the Highwind as it takes off.

And I always thought Emerald was the one that got shot by the Sister Ray; that's why you fight it in the ocean area around Junon.
My apologies, you've correctly named 4 :D

But no, Emerald and Sapphire are different Weapons. You can tell by the colour, and also just their build. Sapphire was more sleek and Emerald, quite bulky.

MrSchpagge
03-04-2010, 01:13 PM
Oh.

I read a rumor years ago that said you could fight Sapphire in the marsh with the Midgar Zolom. After finding out it was a hoax I dismissed the chance of Sapphire actually being a part of the game.

Thanks for the info.

cloud21zidane16
03-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Oh.

I read a rumor years ago that said you could fight Sapphire in the marsh with the Midgar Zolom. After finding out it was a hoax I dismissed the chance of Sapphire actually being a part of the game.

Thanks for the info.

Yet another new rumour ive never seen before emerges:D

Sephiroth
03-04-2010, 09:33 PM
There are eight WEAPONs in the world of Final Fantasy VII.

Jade WEAPON om Before Crisis
Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Diamaond & Ultimate WEAPON in Final Fantasy VII-1
and
Omega (DoC) and Chaos (FF VII/FF VII DoC) (both of them are stated to be WEAPONs because of what they do in the Ultimania, even Chaos and about Omega - even in Dirge of Cerberus it is mentioned to be something like the WEAPONs)

Of course Chaos is something special, because it doesn't even look like the WEAPONs we know other than Omega which does look like one.

I only want to mention it. Of course you just want to know the WEAPONs of Final Fantasy VII-1.

Mercen-X
03-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I accept Chaos. I originally planned to submit for consideration to Squee the concept of twins who would transform into human-sized WEAPONs representing pearls and topaz respectively. I had other WEAPON ideas to fill in the gaps left behind after Jade, Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, and Ruby, but... who cares?

MrSchpagge
03-05-2010, 06:49 AM
Oh.

Thanks for the info.

Yet another new rumour ive never seen before emerges:D

This and being able to get Cait Sith's Level 3 and 4 limit breaks are the only ones I've ever come across.

After wasting my time with these I started losing confidence in what was said on the internet.

seiferalmasy2
03-05-2010, 02:16 PM
There are eight WEAPONs in the world of Final Fantasy VII.

If you accept retcons... :D

Elly
03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
not exactly a retcon if it was never stated in the original game exactly how many there were...

Sephiroth
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
If you accept retcons... :D

The Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is not only Final Fantasy VII-1. Every single sequel's, prequel's or another spin-off's informations are as official and true as the infos you get in Final Fantasy VII-1. And like Elly says there was not even mentioned how many WEAPONs exist.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Oh.

Thanks for the info.

Everyone knows it's Onyx WEAPON you verse down there, and you can only verse it with gray chocobo, because it can dive into the marsh, and you need underwater materia cause you have to do a dungeon completely underwater. Then when you beat Onyx, you have to run out before the entire place explodes...

Ahh, the old FFVII rumors... How great they were.

Big D
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Diamond Weapon's head got blown off by the Junon canon, another leading reason why it's got to be distinct from Emerald.

My favourite absurd Weapon rumour? Getting the Silver Chocobo and flying to the moon to fight Cheese Weapon.

leader of mortals
03-06-2010, 03:39 AM
Diamond Weapon's head got blown off by the Junon canon, another leading reason why it's got to be distinct from Emerald.

My favourite absurd Weapon rumour? Getting the Silver Chocobo and flying to the moon to fight Cheese Weapon.

Diamond is the new Sapphire

*me being a dick*

Mercen-X
03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Everyone knows it's Onyx WEAPON you verse down there, and you can only verse it with gray chocobo, because it can dive into the marsh, and you need underwater materia cause you have to do a dungeon completely underwater. Then when you beat Onyx, you have to run out before the entire place explodes...

Ahh, the old FFVII rumors... How great they were.Rumor is that Square-E got wind of this rumor and has heeded it for fanservice. It will be an optional quest in Final Fantasy VII: Starcade.