PDA

View Full Version : Circle Lenses

Rye
03-04-2010, 10:08 AM
I read a post mentioning Leah Dizon that reminded me of these. What do you think of circle lenses - they're colored contacts that are designed to make your eyes look bigger (not to be confused with regular contacts or ones with just color in them with the normal prescription)? They're huge in Korea and Japan, and are becoming more prevalent in US cities like NY and LA now.

I know they're supposed to be "creepy", but I really think they're cute looking. I kind of want a pair now, in my eye color, to make my eyes look big. But I've never seen them in my eye color - usually only in things like honey, black, china blue, green, etc.

I heard that they're bad, health wise, but I wonder if that's contacts in general, which, for me, hasn't really been the truth.

NorthernChaosGod
03-04-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm just hearing about this, so I'll admit my opinion is pretty much a knee-jerk reaction, but I think that's kind of weird. Is it supposed to make you look more doe-eyed or what?

Xaven
03-04-2010, 10:37 AM
I've seen Michelle Phan use them in her makeup tutorials. xD

I want darker eyes as it is. Even more ugly blue is a no for now. :p I guess they could be cute after a bit, but suddenly seeing someone familiar with them on would be require a second or third glance.

Mo-Nercy
03-04-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry Rye, but I stopped reading at 'Leah Dizon' and then started browsing in Google Images.

But going off your thread title, I think circle lenses are hot. I'd try them out (do they even make them with more 'masculine' designs) but I think I look better with preppy, thick, black-rimmed glasses.

Loony BoB
03-04-2010, 11:31 AM
They're okay, I suppose, in some ways. The negative side for me is almost certainly that, well, it's faking your appearance and I don't like fakes. Natural looks to me are important, and eyes fit into that as well. Finding out a girl that I thought had beautiful eyes actually was just using contacts would be a case of disappointment for me.

I agree with the idea that eyes tell a lot about a person, and disguising that can take away some of the attachment that you can get with some people.

Rye: Aren't your eyes big already?

Rebellious Eagle
03-04-2010, 01:35 PM
They wholeheartedly creep me out. People who wear those things remind me of those dolls that come to life in the middle of the night and axe your head off. Besides, I think eyes are nice as they are.
Just saying. I'll stick to my normal contact lenses instead.

Breine
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Never heard of them before, but they sound kinda creepy to be honest xD

Contact lenses in general are great, though! I've used them for 7 years now.

kikimm
03-04-2010, 04:20 PM
I have never heard of these before! But after googling I find them to be a bit....creepy. Which is just find because I already have big eyes and these would make me look like a monster probably!

I also agree with Loony BoB on the whole finding out some really pretty eyes on someone are actually fake. Wtf. This is why I don't like color contacts either

Rantz
03-04-2010, 05:57 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/729269/Images/circlelenses.jpg

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Barney would call that The Crazy Eye.

I Took the Red Pill
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
oh god reading "lenses" is enough to make me sick, geometrical optics has given me such a headache these past few weeks. thanks rye.

scrumpleberry
03-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I think they can be nice for reasons of creating a look or style but to make yourself look more generically attractive it's a fail.

Caraliz
03-04-2010, 10:56 PM
dumb, like the kind that emo kids wear

qwertysaur
03-05-2010, 02:06 AM
They are perfect for staring contests. Use them to strike at your foe with to instill fear upon their soul. :choc:

Shlup
03-05-2010, 02:09 AM
I THINK THEY'RE ADORABLE EVERYONE BE ANIME ALL THE TIME SUPER KAWAIIIIIIII!!!

But, seriously, they're for costume play and stuff, don't wear them like they're a serious cosmetic item or I will mock you forever. It's like wearing fox ears and being all "lol I'm just hanging out with you no one notice my freaky fox ears."

Brunettepudding
03-05-2010, 02:14 AM
I heard some asian friends talking about these as lunch, and making their eyes bigger, I think it's bull.

Asians (and any other types of eyes that are deemed 'different') are beautiful, and there is no reason for them to try and change what they were born with. Same with people who want bigger eyes. You were born with your eyes. You will die with your eyes. When you're old and can't put in those contacts anymore, you'll have those eyes, so you should probably just try to like them, and don't fake it up with things that'll probably hurt your eyes anyway. :p

NorthernChaosGod
03-05-2010, 06:08 AM
I THINK THEY'RE ADORABLE EVERYONE BE ANIME ALL THE TIME SUPER KAWAIIIIIIII!!!
I've changed my mind, I'm getting 'em.

But, seriously, they're for costume play and stuff, don't wear them like they're a serious cosmetic item or I will mock you forever. It's like wearing fox ears and being all "lol I'm just hanging out with you no one notice my freaky fox ears."

Oh, well... never mind then.

rubah
03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
It's like wearing fox ears and being all "lol I'm just hanging out with you no one notice my freaky fox ears."

Someone isn't going to get to pet my fox hat now >:[[[[[[[[[[[[
:mad2:

NorthernChaosGod
03-05-2010, 06:51 AM
OMG! YOU GUIZE, OMG!

So I just came back from the store and I think I just saw a really cute Asian girl wearing these in line ahead of me.

Just thought you should know.

Clyde's Shadow
03-05-2010, 07:13 AM
Cute asian girls are cute. And big eyes are sexy as hell <3

I guess i'd only have a problem with the lenses if i knew they were there. And its not like i run up to every girl with nice eyes that i see yelling "LIEK, AHMG!! UR EYEZZZ, IZ DEY REAAALLL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

So it doesnt really concern me a whole lot :p

I think we need another pic of Leah.
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v252/104/34/582555615/n582555615_1187056_5365.jpg