PDA

View Full Version : Mary Poppins Remake

Mercen-X
03-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Spielberg (http://www.bing.com/search?q=spielberg+poppins&form=QBLH&qs=n)

What?

Shoeberto
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Honestly, I'd rather have Spielberg do it.

Because the first thing that came into my head was "Oh, god, Tim Burton's gonna :bou::bou::bou::bou: on something again." STARRING HELENA BONHAM CARTER AS MARY AND JOHNNY DEPP AS BERT!!!

Psychotic
03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Dick van Dyke could kick Johnny Depp's ass.

I could kick Johnny Depp's ass.

charliepanayi
03-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Yeah but Johnny Depp can pay people to kick your ass for him.

Some crazy remake/adaptation ideas put forward in the last few days - Arthur, Drop Dead Fred, Gilligan's Island, Space Invaders (!)

Rad Bromance
03-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks like they've already released a trailer for it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic)

TheAbominatrix
03-05-2010, 05:03 AM
Honestly, I'd rather have Spielberg do it.

Because the first thing that came into my head was "Oh, god, Tim Burton's gonna :bou::bou::bou::bou: on something again." STARRING HELENA BONHAM CARTER AS MARY AND JOHNNY DEPP AS BERT!!!

Me too, also wondering how much make up Depp would insist on wearing.

I love the original Mary Poppins and I really don't think it needs a remake. Doesn't sound interesting to me really (haven't watched the clip yet, my internet is acting up) so I probably wont see it. Oh well.

I know one thing though, no remake Mary Poppins can possibly be as hot as the original. Plus I'm sure she wont be in that gorgeous white dress. Biting my lip over here!

Saw Mary Poppins at Disneyland, Shlup took a picture for me!

Hawt.

MJN SEIFER
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Didn'tit already get remade? I'm sure I remember someone being interviewed about making a "dark" version of it...

Psychotic
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I know one thing though, no remake Mary Poppins can possibly be as hot as the original. Plus I'm sure she wont be in that gorgeous white dress. Biting my lip over here!

Saw Mary Poppins at Disneyland, Shlup took a picture for me!

Hawt.Agreed and I am now very jealous of you.

scrumpleberry
03-05-2010, 08:18 PM
It ain't broke, and it ain't that old. I don't see a reason 3;

Crop
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
This has seriously pissed me off. What is the need? I draw the line at this, but because I'm a nobody I can't draw any line...yes I'll see it, but I won't like it!....unless it's good....which it won't be!

What's next, a Back to the Future remake?! (please no, I'll kill myself - that'll stop them).

charliepanayi
03-05-2010, 08:32 PM
And there's more mooted possible remakes! Pet Semetary, Police Academy, soon it'll be easier to see what doesn't have a possible remake.

Psychotic
03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
What's next, a Back to the Future remake?! (please no, I'll kill myself - that'll stop them).Starring Mark Wahlberg as Marty McFly.

Depression Moon
03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
What is up with these remakes. Marry Poppins, seriously?

Pheesh
03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
What's next, a Back to the Future remake?! (please no, I'll kill myself - that'll stop them).Starring Mark Wahlberg as Marty McFly.

No-one fills out a pair of CK's quite like him.

Shlup
03-07-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm always down for a remake. I don't get people who have hissy's over remakes or updates or what have you; the original isn't gonna disappear.

charliepanayi
03-07-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm always down for a remake. I don't get people who have hissy's over remakes or updates or what have you; the original isn't gonna disappear.

I don't think it's hissy fits (well from some people anyway), it's more just bewilderment as to why with a lot of remakes. Especially considering most are almost instantly forgotten.

Shlup
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I didn't comment on the ratio of those bewildered to those throwing a hissy to begin with.

Zeromus_X
03-08-2010, 05:26 AM
Sounds like it could be cool.

Still need to see the Alice in Wonderland remake.

Shiny
03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
I wonder if they'll still be umbrellas. :monster:

Mercen-X
03-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Looks like they've already released a trailer for it! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T5_0AGdFic)GOD YES! :D:jess:

Didn'tit already get remade? I'm sure I remember someone being interviewed about making a "dark" version of it...The closest thing come to a "remake" of Poppins was McPhee...

What's next, a Back to the Future remake?Futurama remake.

Still need to see the Alice in Wonderland remake.Considering I know just a little about the original Alice in Wonderland story (the book and poetry), I thought the movie rocked.

BTW, Depp dropped hints he'd be interested in portraying Riddler in Batman... if they do have the Riddler, how'd you feel about CRISPIN GLOVER instead. I find him to be a fine actor who can pull some convincing action scenes as well.

hitman1984
03-09-2010, 03:28 PM
i dont see a point in remaking this, it would be very hard to make it as good as the original imo, i liked this movie when i was little and so did my cousins when they where little also so i dont think it needs to be done but that's just me.

Mercen-X
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM
The new Poppins will have no music and will feature CG by Pixar in 3D. :eep:

Bastian
03-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Like ShlupQuack said, it's not like the original is going to vanish from existence. It's okay for there to be multiple adaption of a book.

What's that, I hear you saying, a book? Mary Poppins was a book?

Yes. Most of Disney's stuff is just adapted from a book or folklore.

So maybe the aim of this "remake" is to adhere more closely to the book.

No one called Disney's versions of the two Narnia movies remakes of the BBC miniseries adaptations. Nor the MGM Wizard of Oz a "remake" of the 1921 silent film version. Etc.

Likewise, when there was rumor of The Neverending Story by Michael Ende getting a new film adaptation, I was all for it. I wanted to see all the stuff they left out of the book. And if I didn't like it as much as the 1984 film, I never had to watch the new version again and could still watch the 1984 version as much as I wanted.

EDIT:
ALSO, I would LOVE for someone with enough courage to take on The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum in a more faithful adaptation of the book. There was an anime version in the 80s that was decent, but I'd like to see what a nice dark live action version today would be like.

Namelessfengir
03-09-2010, 09:42 PM
i saw the trailer for diary of a wimpy kid.... made me want to kill

but this poppins should be or at least better than most of the crap there is out lately

Mercen-X
03-10-2010, 05:04 PM
ALSO, I would LOVE for someone with enough courage to take on The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum in a more faithful adaptation of the book. There was an anime version in the 80s that was decent, but I'd like to see what a nice dark live action version today would be like.

I'd like to see a DVD for Wicked since I don't care to ever go see a live play. Iam pertickler thet weghy.

I also started writing my own sequel to Oz about a kid named Dart who dreams of action and adventure. Obviously there's meant to be a lot more dramatic fighting and violence than in the original. I wrote this before I found out there was a manga "sequel" and before Tin Man (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Man_(TV_miniseries)) was released. Unfortunately, I find both the manga and the miniseries to be far superior to my take and have been greatly discouraged.

charliepanayi
03-10-2010, 07:57 PM
This is only rumours at the moment anyway, and I'm not sure it'd ever happen. Similar to Wizard of Oz (touching on what Bastian would ideally like to happen), Mary Poppins is a film classic, so doing another version and not being overshadowed by its predecessor would be a tall order. I doubt there'd be many takers. Very few 'classics' get the remake treatment (I'm thinking of Gus Van Sant's Psycho remake in the late 90s, which is all but forgotten now).

KentaRawr!
03-12-2010, 03:19 PM
At least now Dick Van Dyke won't need as much make-up to be the banker.

Psychotic
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM
I hope he also does the voice for Bert again. Have them dub it, I don't care. His cockney accent was gold.

Del Murder
03-12-2010, 04:15 PM
This is bull:bou::bou::bou::bou:. What the smurf? Smurf this :bou::bou::bou::bou:. Smurf.

charliepanayi
03-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I hope he also does the voice for Bert again. Have them dub it, I don't care. His cockney accent was gold.

They could get Don Cheadle after his hilarious Cockney impression in the Oceans films.

MJN SEIFER
03-15-2010, 04:35 PM
To Mercen-X: I haven't scene Mcphee yet, I'll have to look out for it (maybe I should try watching it straight after Poppins? The original I mean. :cool:)

Also, why are so many people getting so bent out of shape about the Alice remake? It's a story that has been made into a film several times, and this is just one version of it - in fact the Disney Version (the cartoon one) is a remake itself.