PDA

View Full Version : Fushigi Yuugi

Forsaken Lover
03-05-2010, 01:32 AM
YouTube - Fushigi Yuugi - Opening (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-spe3sv5OKo)

Just finished watching the anime a few days ago.

It was really quite good IMO. A great mix of drama, humor and action. Some of the Suzaku Warriors were underused but the main cast was strong. Miaka annoyed the hell out of me but I loved Nuriko and Hotohori enough to forget that.

Music was amazing.

I cried more in this anime than any other, though.
So many deaths and all beautifully done. Nuriko's especially killed me. I knew it was coming as someone spoiled it for me but it still..ugh.

The ending was perfect. All the warriors returning to aid Tamahome and finish off Nakago. Speaking of which
YouTube - Fushigi Yuugi - The End of Nakago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhftAg6Aj4A)

And then Miaka meeting with Tamahome's reincanration... I loved it.

So anyone else seen the anime or read the manga?

qwertysaur
03-05-2010, 02:02 AM
My friend is trying to get me to watch or read it :p

Forsaken Lover
03-05-2010, 02:18 AM
I humbly suggest you watch it. It's good.

I'll be uploading all the episodes to a file storage site for direct download sometime in the near future. So if you are interested, I'd be happy to help.

Wolf Kanno
03-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Miaka sorta ruins this series for me, I really can't stand her and considering its her own damn stupidity that drives the whole plot its hard to enjoy the series. Everyone else is pretty good but I just can't stand Miaka. :mad2:

Værn
03-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I finished watching this with a friend a while back. We had a horrible time with it... we would watch 4-5 episodes at a time, and it was sometimes weeks or months before we got back to watching it. And it seemed like every freaking episode ended with a huge cliffhanger and it bugged the crap out of me whenever we got done watching it D:

But aside from that, we thoroughly enjoyed it =^_^=

Zeromus_X
03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
I remember reading the manga of this a long time ago. It was pretty good.

scrumpleberry
03-05-2010, 07:56 PM
I read the first volume once. It was decent.

Vermachtnis
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Miaka sorta ruins this series for me, I really can't stand her and considering its her own damn stupidity that drives the whole plot its hard to enjoy the series. Everyone else is pretty good but I just can't stand Miaka. :mad2:

That's pretty much my sentiments. It has a decent cast sans one and she's the main character.