PDA

View Full Version : Come Dine With Me

Imperfectionist
03-05-2010, 02:46 PM
...anyone?

I don't know if there's an equivalent of this show in the US/ Ireland/ wherever you're from, but it's a programme we have in England where they get 4-5 random people, and they each have to host a dinner party for the others. They get marked out of 10 and whoever wins gets some monies :)

It's hilariously funny though. The narrator is an absolute legend, I tried to find a clip on youtube but you have to just watch it to appreciate it :D

So anyone else a fan? :greenie:

Psychotic
03-05-2010, 04:00 PM
I sometimes catch it every now and then. I love how the host always says their food was fantastic and everybody loved it, and they all go away saying it was total :bou::bou::bou::bou:.

MJN SEIFER
03-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Yeah, I watch it sometimes it can be pretty funny - I love it how the Narator respondes to what the contesters have said/done - he can be pretty quick. :D

Imperfectionist
03-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Yeah, I watch it sometimes it can be pretty funny - I love it how the Narator respondes to what the contesters have said/done - he can be pretty quick. :D

He's my favourite person ever :love:

Chloe.
03-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Ah I love Come Dine With Me! I definitely think the narrator is probably what makes it as good as it is, he's hilarious. :p

Zeldy
03-07-2010, 11:05 PM
It's a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not really a show you want to admit to watching, but at the same time can't help tuning into. It's easy watching! I do love the narrator's commentary also.

Craig
03-07-2010, 11:22 PM
come dine with me is awesome. although i did watch this really sad episode where the person who won decided to give half of the money to the runner up because she recently found out a 'member of his family' was diagnosed with cancer and he was doing it for charity, then at the end it said the guy had died of cancer not long after filming.. :(

Aurey
03-07-2010, 11:43 PM
I watched quite a bit of it today on W, it's pretty amazing. The people are very normal-- it didn't feel scripted or put on I guess is what I'm trying to say, which is nice to see considering television nowadays. The narrator takes the piss out of them all, he's definitely the highlight of the show. Some of the recipes sound really great, too, although it appears they are not always well executed on the show.

Shlup
03-08-2010, 12:22 AM
That sounds unbearably lame, but if you say it's good I'll keep in mind to check it out. BJ likes reality shows and I'm getting sick of "Undercover Boss."

Imperfectionist
03-08-2010, 12:38 AM
come dine with me is awesome. although i did watch this really sad episode where the person who won decided to give half of the money to the runner up because she recently found out a 'member of his family' was diagnosed with cancer and he was doing it for charity, then at the end it said the guy had died of cancer not long after filming.. :(

Aw I saw the same episode, that made me so sad :(

Shlup, it sounds terrible but it's so good :D I highly recommend it to you

cloud21zidane16
03-08-2010, 01:57 AM
I often watch it when I can, the narrators quick comments make the show:D I find it funniest when sometimes two people dont get along on the monday and you can tell theyl be constantly criticizing eachother every night of the week:p