PDA

View Full Version : Oh. My. God.

Imperfectionist
03-05-2010, 03:01 PM
ARGGGHHH CHOCOBO RACING !!!!

I swear i've been trying to do this for like 4-5 hours and I just missed the thing by 1.4 seconds!!! :mad2:

Why did the creators of this game put such infuriating side-quests in? It controls horribly and those birds make the most annoying sound when they hit you. Corr.

So yes, the point of this is, did you have as much trouble as I am when doing this? What's your most detestable side quest in FFX?

And please God have you got any tips for me :eep:

Saber
03-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I didn't mind the chocobo side quest as much as I hate the butterfly game or the 200 bolt dodge they ask for. I gave up and made my own ultimate weapons for Lulu and Kamari

Shiny
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
The last course on the butterfly one was brutal and of course the lightning bolt dodging...Square must really not like gamers sometimes.

Karifean
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I always thought getting the Chocobo Racing to 0:0:0 was rather easy... the thing I hated most was the Lightning Dodging. :mad2:
Seriously, that takes too long - nothings happening (say 1 lightning every 3 seconds -> about 10 minutes only waiting for a light and pressing X) and if you make one little mistake, you have to start all over...
At least you have to do more in the Chocobo Racing than wait and press X.

Imperfectionist
03-06-2010, 12:00 AM
The thing is, it's not even really satisfying after you've done, like beating a really hard optional boss or something. It's just kinda like 'oh thank god for that...'

I think I might just make my own awesome weapons. Up yours, Square!

Yeah.

Jessweeee♪
03-06-2010, 01:30 AM
It's awful. It's so awful. After awhile you start thinking the birds are sentient and you're only trying to win to spite them. Once you've finished it you realize, yeah you can get a cool weapon now, but you just lost your cool because of some dumb bird AI >:I

ANGRYWOLF
03-06-2010, 03:46 AM
I gave up trying to get all of them...

You don't need them to win the game anyway...:)

leader of mortals
03-06-2010, 03:52 AM
I tried for about 3 hours to get it for the third time(the first two took about the same time, I think), and once I decided to change my strategy from getting as many baloons as I could to trying to get no birds I won on the first try. Also, I once got exactly 0:00:00, which is still a lose. I was PISSED!

black orb
03-06-2010, 04:00 AM
>>> Huh? Im sure I got all the ultimate weapons without doing all that annoying stuff..:luca:

Kyros
03-07-2010, 07:24 AM
The chocobo controls were a complete pos, but the all the other stuff to get the weapons wasn't too bad. I still don't get the lightning bolt complaints really since it always only takes me 1 try lol

Rad Bromance
03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Yeah, that was incredibly annoying. I got it after like 100 attempts.

I didn't find the lightning bolt dodging or the butterfly catching difficult or annoying at all (aside of the lightning dodging taking so long, that is). Were they really that difficult for others?

Mo-Nercy
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm not trying to gloat or anything, but I never found Chocobo Racing hard at all. I don't know if it was made simpler in the PAL release or whether my tactic of using directional buttons instead of analog stick worked a treat. I could always do it within 3-4 goes.

But LIGHTNING BOLTS!???!! RAGE@@!!@!111. I can't even dodge 2 in a row!

Nebulance
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
It's awful. It's so awful. After awhile you start thinking the birds are sentient and you're only trying to win to spite them. Once you've finished it you realize, yeah you can get a cool weapon now, but you just lost your cool because of some dumb bird AI >:I

This is exactly how I feel about this race!

I agree with the others on this thread, I may just go ahead and build a better weapon for Tidus -- I can't bear doing this race again (in previous games, I've gotten it to work)... I think I've learned of some better abilities that I would rather have than what Tidus gets on his weapon anyway.

I'm not trying to gloat or anything, but I never found Chocobo Racing hard at all. I don't know if it was made simpler in the PAL release or whether my tactic of using directional buttons instead of analog stick worked a treat. I could always do it within 3-4 goes.

But LIGHTNING BOLTS!???!! RAGE@@!!@!111. I can't even dodge 2 in a row!

Good tip on the directional pad... maybe I should try that.

A tip on the lightning -- they tend to strike in 'pairs' -- the first comes about 10 seconds after you enter the Thunder Plains.. if you stand still, a second will come in 4-5 seconds. This pattern alternates. It's easiest to stand still and dodge these. At this rate, you can finish it in ~20-25 mins :)

Elly
03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
butterflies not hard at all... lightning dodging, only annoying because of how long it takes... chocobo racing, the first time i ever truly felt like throwing my controller through the TV, i just Game Shark that one now so i never have to suffer through that ever again...

P4ine
03-11-2010, 07:46 PM
For the first time I had played the game, every time I lost the chocobo race I would smash my Dualshock 2 controller right onto the wall, demanding him -the controller- to immediately stop to insurge.

Today, however, due to some technical issues on the part of Sony, the controller is bust. But he deserved it. Not me.

BG-57
03-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Unless you're playing the International version, they're no real incentive to get Tidus' celestial weapon. It doesn't unlock damage caps from any of Yuna's summons and they're no boss so hard that it's needed. I made an Excalibur for Tidus with BDL on it, and never looked back.

cally777
03-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Maybe not needed, but very useful! Especially for the arena and Dark Aeons (if you have them in your version). Combined with his overdrive you deal out mega damage thanks to no cap. That's true of all ultimate weapons but especially Tidus and Wakka's because their overdrives kick arse when fully amped up.

I like many people suffered the torments of the damned doing this. But like many of these kind of games, I could feel myself getting closer all the time, and was convinced I would do it soon. When I finally did, it was extremely satisfying, because I figured a combination of strategy and luck had won the day.

You need some luck in the way the balloons line up, which is where the persistence comes in. Take every opportunity early on to get ahead and grab balloons when there are no birds. Make the turn fast and tight to save time, then stay right to minimise the chance of bird hits, while grabbing some extra balloons. After the turn, concentrate on dodging (make small movements) and forget balloons unless they're right in front of you. I find its better to stay left as you make the final sprint as there seems to be a temporary bird free spot there. Good luck and try not to get angry! And if you do, take a break!

Ps Yes I know you can make a BDL weapon but it will take a hell of a lot of dark matter!

:choc::choc::choc:

Dr.M
03-17-2010, 08:59 AM
ARGGGHHH CHOCOBO RACING !!!!

I swear i've been trying to do this for like 4-5 hours and I just missed the thing by 1.4 seconds!!! :mad2:

Why did the creators of this game put such infuriating side-quests in? It controls horribly and those birds make the most annoying sound when they hit you. Corr.

So yes, the point of this is, did you have as much trouble as I am when doing this? What's your most detestable side quest in FFX?

And please God have you got any tips for me :eep:

haha. yep. bloody bastards. i get so angry when im playing. i made my boyfriend do it. when you get angry, get up, do something else then come back to the game and try again and you'll find your focus is better.

Karifean
03-17-2010, 11:59 AM
Ps Yes I know you can make a BDL weapon but it will take a hell of a lot of dark matter!

And don't forget, that Celestial Weapons ignore the target's defense, while others don't!

Btw, does anyone else also think Slice & Dice is better than Blitz Ace?

Mo-Nercy
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
anyone else also think Slice & Dice is better than Blitz Ace?
Doesn't Slice & Dice randomly select opponents that get hit by each slice whereas with Blitz Ace, all the hits are focused on the one target you select?

crazybayman
03-17-2010, 02:57 PM
yeah, though annoying and it usually takes me quite a few goes, the chocobo race isn't even remotely as bad as the butterfly catch or lightening bolt dodge. I tried avoiding lightening bolts and got to about 5, and then realized that if I continued with this exercise my poor ol' PS2 would probably find itself flying through my window, bouncing out onto my lawn, tumbling onto the street where, what was left of it would find itself being run over by a car.

Breine
03-17-2010, 11:54 PM
I never cared much for the chocobo racing in this game. I think I did it a couple of times, but that was enough for me *shrug*