PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Victory Road

Vermachtnis
03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
What with HeartGold coming out next Sunday and because we're nerds, me and my friends were talking about our favorite Victory Road. My favorite was first generation Victory Road. It had puzzles and Moltres, plus it had a lead up with those guards checking your badges before you get to it.

So what's your favorite Victory Road?

Tavrobel
03-07-2010, 04:17 AM
I hate all of them equally.

Skyblade
03-18-2010, 04:05 AM
I hate all of them equally.

/agree.

They are terribly designed, pointless, tedious, endurance tests before the Elite Four. The entire objective of them seems to be to see if you can get through it before quitting. The design is uninspired (even compared to the rest of the dungeons we get, which aren't exactly the epitome of originality), and the slog through them is one of my least favorite parts of the entire game, in any of the games. Too many random encounters, too many Trainers (seriously, why make such a big deal out of the Gym Leaders when it's clear that 95% of the NPC trainers are going to beat them anyway), and no point to the whole stupid place.

Jessweeee♪
03-18-2010, 07:32 PM
FUCK ZUBATS

tminus31
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
I also hate them all, yet I'd put my favourite as the original RBY one, merely because I think it was the shortest one created, plus moltres!

One thing that sucks about them is that it's always the same pokemon in there anyway (machop, machoke, geodude, graveler, onix and zubat) so just take a psychic and a grass/water type and you own the whole place (excluding trainers, who may require other types to be present :D)

Vermachtnis
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
smurf ZUBATS

They're Golbats by that point :p

Tavrobel
03-19-2010, 04:07 AM
smurf ZUBATS

They're Golbats by that point :p

Not for Generation I (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victory_Road_%28Kanto%29) or III (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victory_Road_%28Hoenn%29).

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2010, 04:19 AM
I HATE EVERY FUCKING CAVE IN EVERY POKEMON GAME EVER