PDA

View Full Version : Axis Mundi: A student project!

Rostum
03-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Hey guys!

I am unsure if this is the right section, but I just wanted to get this out there and see your comments and feedback. I thought this would be releveant and that people would genuinely be interested in a small indpendant game that made quite an impact.

Visit the website here! (http://www.axismundigame.com/)

I was the lead artist and animator working under the creative lead for this project at university, which ended up being accepted as one of the Top 9 Independent Games in 2009 by the GDAA Independent Game Awards for Australia / Pacific. Feel free to check it out, and even download a copy!

If you're interested, I can talk about the development processes, pipelines and technology we used along with the team dynamics. But I will just say I have learnt a lot about working within and managing a group of artists that have varying skill sets and different personalities to also collaborate with the technical team (i.e. coders).

As for me personally, I'm just working on my showreel (see sig - will be overhauled) aiming more specifically to character animation and rigging for games / film.

Edit: Oh I forgot to mention, it's influenced from the tower defense genre.

Lionx
03-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I am definitely going to try this out after my project and even more after Finals. Independent game makers are seriously underrated and honestly i like the concept you guys put out when you talked to me about it. :)

Guys give it a chance. The little developers out there are those that need support the most, and with the limited budget they have everything they do is usually worth much more than it looks.