PDA

View Full Version : If you wanna BE a winner, you gotta FUEL like a winner!

Shlup
03-10-2010, 09:53 PM
So sitting here for hours and hours requires some snackage. I am super comfy, btw. I've got myself a gaming nest over here.

Yesterday I went through a sleeve of Girl Scout cookies (thin mint, fyi). Today is tortilla chips.

You?

black orb
03-10-2010, 10:06 PM
>>> Eating trash while playing FF13? wow, you are living the dream ShlupQuack..:luca:

Rye
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Cider and rice!!!

God, I am so jealous of everyone and their girl scout cookies. People who study abroad in England don't get Samoas. ;_;

Madame Adequate
03-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Yesterday was pizza, today was supposed to be real food but these indolent fuckers won't do the dishes or clean the kitchen so it was Chinese.

Dignified Pauper
03-10-2010, 10:10 PM
pizza yesterday, pasta today. Life is good.

Lightening
03-10-2010, 10:14 PM
pizza yesterday and pasta today for me too. I don't eat snacks but I did buy a pineapple so i think i will cut it up and eat it soon

Rye
03-10-2010, 10:15 PM
Yesterday was pizza, today was supposed to be real food but these indolent smurfers won't do the dishes or clean the kitchen so it was Chinese.

It's not even just a few dishes and a slightly messy kitchen. I always do everyone's dishes for them and I clean the counters because I'm just OCD about messes like that. But christ, the counters are literally covered in filth and have stuff all over them, like cans and jars, that I'd feel bad moving, since it's not mine and I don't know where to put them. And the dishes are just horrendous. I am not touching that stuff and I refuse to make food in those conditions. It's filthy.

It especially sucks because I've been sick lately and eating pizza and curry and junk is making my stomach feel much worse. I'd like to make something normal, like rice or pasta, so I can recover a little.

I am so sick of people right now, grrrr. XD Time to go back into Cocoon world.

Croyles
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Yesterday was pizza, today was supposed to be real food but these indolent smurfers won't do the dishes or clean the kitchen so it was Chinese.

It's not even just a few dishes and a slightly messy kitchen. I always do everyone's dishes for them and I clean the counters because I'm just OCD about messes like that. But christ, the counters are literally covered in filth and have stuff all over them, like cans and jars, that I'd feel bad moving, since it's not mine and I don't know where to put them. And the dishes are just horrendous. I am not touching that stuff and I refuse to make food in those conditions. It's filthy.

It especially sucks because I've been sick lately and eating pizza and curry and junk is making my stomach feel much worse. I'd like to make something normal, like rice or pasta, so I can recover a little.

I am so sick of people right now, grrrr. XD Time to go back into Cocoon world.

Welcome to English student life! :D

Im mostly eating stuff made in the oven, mostly because I dont want to cook but its a nice solution rather than getting take out or just eating complete junk.

Lightening
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I live with filthy people too, Rye. my solution is to keep my room in perfect shape so I have someplace clean to be, then let the filthy rats have their filthy rat den to themselves. Cleaning up after them only makes them clean less, so i've nagged a lot recently. but yes Cocoon woo yeah awesomeness.

Raistlin
03-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Lots of chips and cookies.

Shlup
03-10-2010, 10:23 PM
When I had roommates I just kept my own dishes and stuff in my room.

pizza yesterday and pasta today for me too. I don't eat snacks but I did buy a pineapple so i think i will cut it up and eat it soon

I don't usually snack either; these are my meals. I had four Girl Scout Cookies for breakfast and a handful of chips for lunch. Classy over here.

Rye
03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I live with filthy people too, Rye. my solution is to keep my room in perfect shape so I have someplace clean to be, then let the filthy rats have their filthy rat den to themselves. Cleaning up after them only makes them clean less, so i've nagged a lot recently. but yes Cocoon woo yeah awesomeness.

Yeah, our rooms can get a little cluttered since we have a lot of stuff to fit in a small space, but it's never like, filthy. XD They've like, left some of the glassware outside in the garden for months and brought it in one day, and it was growing MOSS, and had left it there for us to clean while they left. SO GROSS GOD.

If this was Cocoon world, I'd just hire the Flanitors to take care of this. :greenie:

EDIT: Hahah, we've been doing that with toilet paper, Shlup. Try wiping your heinies now, guys!!!

Shlup
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Hehe, yeah, I totally bogarted the toilet paper too.

Lightening
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
i keep that in my room too ever since i got sick of being the only one to buy toiletpaper and now I think everybody keeps it in their room. wait, how did we get from FFXIII to toiletpaper? :D

G13
03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
If this was Cocoon world, I'd just hire the Flanitors to take care of this. :greenie:

:exdee: Nice.

Junk food while playing XIII? Of course! All yesterday I had probably 10 chewie bars, a mess of Bagel Bites, a two liter of Coke, and two PB&J sammiches. I'm going to be fat by the time I finish this game.

Shlup
03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
OMG Bagel Bites... *drool*

Freya
03-10-2010, 11:11 PM
I've had steak, subway, cereal, and noodley mess. So no junk food, not really.

G13
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
OMG Bagel Bites... *drool*

They are an incredibly satisfying meal whilst playing for hours on end. All the wonderful deliciousness of pizza without the hardships of cheese slippage or sauce-face. :D

Shlup
03-11-2010, 04:14 AM
I have changed menus: clementine oranges, gala apples, and an avocado with honey dijon.

Lightening
03-11-2010, 04:43 AM
Fruit is awesome

Shlup
03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Bye bye, Girl Scout cookies. You were nomtastic.

Laddy
03-13-2010, 04:41 AM
Salt and Vinegar Chips, Sour Patch Kids, Butter Lovers Popcorn, Cool Blue Gatorade, and Strawberry Banana yogurt.

Shlup
03-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Today's dinner: three gala apples and a tortilla.

Shoeberto
03-13-2010, 07:40 AM
I knew today would be a day of champions, so I ate heartily at Taco Bell (gaining maybe... 1000 pounds in the process, give or take) and had plenty of soda. No snacks during play, really. Partially because I lack many and also because, helloooo, I ate Taco Bell. That's enough calories to last me the weekend.

Blackmage
03-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Baked Tostitos and Monterey Jack Queso, along with a few cans of Code Red, kept things going; that was my main game-meal/lunch the last two days. I had a box of macaroni and cheese for dinner my first night; luckily, my parents took me out to dinner yesterday for a steak.

Earlier tonight was Ritz crackers with peanut butter and a spot of milk. I'm thinkin' I'm gonna finish off the Tostitos tomorrow when I play after work (AKA, selling this game to more redne--I mean, people).

I may haveta get some Bagel Bites going, now that I'm reminded of their existence...

Loony BoB
03-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Not much. :( I've had a cold for the past week or so and it's annoying. It's bad enough that I've stayed indoors and that means not going out and doing a big shop with Danielle. We'll probably stop by the Co-op today or something... but yeah, so far it's just been eating what we have in the flat. Baked beans, pasta, crumpets, sandwiches and not much else. I don't snack much as it is, so I have meals. They're generally tastier, anyways.

Rye
03-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Friday is pizza and cider night.

Now that the kitchen isn't a hazard, I can actually make relatively healthy dinner the other days!

Loony BoB
03-13-2010, 10:11 AM
How can you afford Pizza and Chinese so much? Is it like, dirt-cheap down there or something? =o Or maybe it's just because we always bring in buttloads when we order in. =x

Madame Adequate
03-13-2010, 10:14 AM
That was our POINT. We were eating out more than usual because eating in was a biohazard! Friday is the only night we really get takeout, plus occasionally the very cheap 7" pizzas (£1 each).

Rye
03-13-2010, 10:16 AM
That was the first time we got Chinese at all here, and Hux only ordered a small meal and I only got white rice - and it came to about 5 quid. We only got it because our kitchen was covered in a horrible biohazzard that the housemates made while we were away and refused to clean up. XD

We only get pizza on Fridays, because it helps us (usually!), to not spend food on take out during the rest of the week aside from a very cheap eat-in at the cafe or something. I think it's helped our budget tremendously. Besides the horror of biohazzard kitchen week, we usually just make sandwiches and pasta to eat, and rarely, when it's on offer, I make some chicken dinner. :greenie:

Loony BoB
03-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Wow, those are insanely good prices (the pizza in particular! Incredible). Well done.

Madame Adequate
03-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Unforunately real food is rather less good here, it's insanely expensive to get anything except pasta or rice, basically :(

Shlup
03-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Maybe you should try the kebabs. I hear they're positively addictive there.

Madame Adequate
03-14-2010, 01:30 AM
:colbert:

SammieBabe
03-17-2010, 05:22 AM
Ive been on an assortment od Girl Scout cookies, Lays Chips, Dr. Pepper, and NyQuil.

Shlup
03-17-2010, 06:06 AM
What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie? I could live off thin mints.

Aruu
03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
For my first play of FFXIII I had two giant sized bottles of Lucozade (original, not that orange pap). Gave me the energy to get through the night :love:

SammieBabe
03-17-2010, 05:56 PM
What's your favorite Girl Scout cookie? I could live off thin mints.

Samoas. But Thin Mints and Tagalongs are a tied for a close second.
Edys now makes Girl Scout cookie ice cream that is truly divine.. :)

Ontibile
03-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Girl Scout cookies... ♥ *dreams* I would love a sleeve of those. Especially thin mints.

Last night it was a salad and whole box of mini-gummi bears.

Tonight? Orange slices, Sun Chips, apple slices, and Ferrero(?) Rocher that my mom brought home this morning.

doeboyfresh14
03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
i've been having a steady diet of pringles, arnold palmers (greatest drink ever) and the occasional glass of water.

Aruu
03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
It was red bull for me today~ Got to keep up my energy somehow.