PDA

View Full Version : Cutscenes Problem?

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I havent got very far into the game but im already having some trouble. During cutscenes i seem to be getting 2-3 pixel lines going across my screen as if a cable is not plugged in right. Their about 10 cms apart each.
Ive searched the internet and have only found 1 thread from another site with a problem like this but it doesnt explain much.

The lines only seem to appear during cutscenes and ONLY when theres some fast movement or camera movement.
Anyone else got this problem? Or any help please?:confused:

Rye
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I've not heard of that, but to help see if anyone else knows the problem and to narrow it down, could you tell us which platform you're playing it on? 360 or PS3? No one I know on 360 has had this problem yet, so I'm not sure if it might be a platform problem, as opposed to a disc or TV problem.

Madame Adequate
03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
That sounds pretty odd. I guess you have in fact checked your cables; maybe some TV setting is worth messing with? Is it PS3 or 360, and is it a SD or HDTV?

It sounds too regular and uniform to be a disc error, but it's not completely impossible I suppose? Give them a clean maybe.

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Im on PS3 playing on a HD-TV. Never had a problem with any other games and as I said its fine during gameplay and battles etc

Dignified Pauper
03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
are you utilizing your HD cable, is your PS3 projecting out in HD (you have to manually set it) and how old is your HDTV?

Lightening
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
sounds like it's something to do with your TV, but I'm not very good with these technical things so i don't know. if I were you i would probably try playing your ps3 and ffxiii on another tv to figure out if it has anything to do with your tv or not.

Sephiroth
03-10-2010, 10:40 PM
I have a similiar problem with my german version and it is not the TV because I have tried it on two TVs and one PC. And I don't think it is my PS III. And it is not Final Fantasy XIII with its good graphics because I had not such a problem with my japanese version. So it is the BluRay Disc itself.

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Im using a Samsung 42 inch HD ready. Only a year and a half old or so.
I dont really know much about all the HD cables/settings etc so this is the type of connection im using
http://brisbanemodchips.com.au/store/images/av%20cable.gif

Dignified Pauper
03-10-2010, 10:43 PM
well, that's not an HD Cable. See if your settings in your PS3 are on HD. If so, put them down to standard def.

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 10:56 PM
well, that's not an HD Cable. See if your settings in your PS3 are on HD. If so, put them down to standard def.

Just changed everything to the right settings, no change at all:(

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Double post sorry but ive just discovered some more information.
Heres an example of the problems im having
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/5817/voorbeeldw.jpg

And this thread below
Final fantasy 13 screen tearing? - PlayStation.com Forums (http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/Final-Fantasy-Series/Final-fantasy-13-screen-tearing/td-p/45358784;jsessionid=54219A44A2572A3569AF6B1F07E683D6)
There seems to be a lot of people using scart leads who are also experiencing this. Some people are suggesting there will be a patch soon to fix it, but I dont see what Square can do about it to be honest.
Would you recommend I just go and buy an HD cable?

Sephiroth
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Would you recommend I just go and buy an HD cable?

If it helps, then yes. Maybe you need it later for the next Final Fantasys. They'll all be High Definition.

EDIT: Ah, I see.

Dignified Pauper
03-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Nope, because even in HD it still might do it. You might be SOL. I dunno, I'm playing on an SD, and I haven't noticed any troubles.

cloud21zidane16
03-10-2010, 11:31 PM
Damn I dont believe this! All the time spent waiting and now this. Its bearable for now but I cant go through the rest of the game with it like this, and why should I as well!?
Il hang around the net waiting for maybe a bit more info for now.

EDIT: It seems there are actually tons of people getting this problem. And they all seem to either be playing on old/small tvs OR dont have an hdmi cable (like me:p) Seems buying that is the best option for now, but ive also seen a lot of answers saying a patch will fix this.