PDA

View Full Version : Zell Fan Thread

blackmage_nuke
03-11-2010, 08:08 AM
I noticed in alot of movies people are offered ketchup or mustard with thier hotdogs. Down here in the whacky upside down land of Aus (or from what ive experienced atleast) we are offered tomato sauce or barbeque sauce, and onions if they wanna get fancy.

So are hotdogs actually any good with mustard? What are you offered with your hotdogs in your locale? What do you have with your hotdogs? Should hot dog be one word, two, or hiphenated? Where is that food forum/social group we asked for?

Pheesh
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
You can get mustard on them down here, and yes, it's amazing. I don't really like mustard OR tomato sauce (or bbq sauce for that matter), but mustard and tomato sauce on a hotdog is just win.

But a hot dog with mustard, tomato sauce, cheese and bacon is just beyond godly.

Drift
03-11-2010, 12:32 PM
usually ketchup or mustard here, onions too, fried onions and ketchup on a hot dog = <3

Rantz
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Yeah, mustard is great on hot dogs. Ketchup and mustard is pretty standard here. Fried onions is good too.

Ho T-dawgs is how it's really spelled.

Mo-Nercy
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
BMN, mustard is the best on anything. One of my favourite breakfast treats is vegemite + mustard on toast. It makes me happy, but it also makes me sad as even my brekky is undergoing the ever present trend of Americanisation. (-zation?)

Also, I don't know what part of Australia you're in, but in Sydney, there's this great chain called Harry's Pies (http://www.harryscafedewheels.com.au/). Best pies/hotdogs (one word) ever.

Pheesh
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Also, the Australian Wendy's is really best known for the hot dogs (which do use mustard), and they are pretty delish.

BMN, mustard is the best on anything. One of my favourite breakfast treats is vegemite + mustard on toast.

Dude...wth!?

Momiji
03-11-2010, 02:42 PM
I used to absolutely hate mustard until last year, when, constantly being stuck at my brother's baseball games, I was forced to eat hot dogs all the time (which I used to hate as well). After eating a few hot dogs over the course of a week, I decided to mix it up a bit by putting some mustard on one. Hot dogs and mustard? We're cool now. :cool:

I like to put different things on hot dogs all the time though, but not much beats a hot dog with ketchup and mustard.

I hate onions and relish though.

EDIT: Oh, right. Other questions.

Sure, hot dogs are good with mustard.

Around here we get the basic stuff; ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, cheese sauce/shredded cheese, and coney sauce. I like to put barbeque sauce on mine too, though.

Normally I get picky over stuff like this, but 'hot dogs' and 'hotdogs' are fine with me. Hyphenating it just seems weird, though.

And I'm wondering the same thing. The Food Forum thread got derailed and it never took off, iirc.

VexNet
03-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I usually have Ketchup and fried Onion Rings on my hotdogs, soo good.
We get offered BBQ sauce and Mustard too.

Normally I don't like Mustard but if it's in a BK Cheeseburger then it's yum yum.

Psychotic
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
I was forced to eat hot dogs all the timeYo momma is forced to eat hot dogs all the time. :smug:

Hot dogs are just fine plain. Everything is fine plain! But mustard is fine too! Everything is fine! (including Momiji's momma. Heyoooo)

Momiji
03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Nah, she loves hot dogs.

Psychotic
03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh, I know.

Madonna
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM
So are hotdogs actually any good with mustard? What are you offered with your hotdogs in your locale? What do you have with your hotdogs? Should hot dog be one word, two, or hiphenated? Where is that food forum/social group we asked for?Beef franks, please! I am a personal fan of using mustard, relish, and onions on my dogs, but I am also not against chili and cheese dogs, or kraut, mustard, and relish dogs! All of these combinations are wonderful and should be devoured while hot!

Tomato sauce sounds weird unless you realize it is pretty much ketchup! I have not been to any establishments which offer barbecue sauce, but I am sure they exist!

Most places where I reside offer ketchup, mustard, relish, onions, horseradish, and green chile; the last is something akin to vegemite in terms of a local food offered nowhere else!

Hot dog is one item in two-word format!

The social group sounds nice, while the forum idea was a pipe dream for those who thought a constant flow of food threads would make this place Eyes on Finger-lickin' Food!

Drift
03-11-2010, 03:31 PM
how about onion rings skewered with the hotdog meat in a bun and ketchup or bbq sauce with relish. food brain wave ftw

Rodarian
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Mmmmmm Hotdog with Dijon Mustard and Ketchup with lettuce does it for me!! Yum yum!

FYI... Zell in actuality craved the bread buns in the JAP version but in N.A version it was changed to hot dogs..Which honestly made sense but you know how quirky our Japanese brethren are!:D

Madonna
03-11-2010, 05:48 PM
They do not sell melon bread widespread across North America!

Bunny
03-11-2010, 06:59 PM
They are okay with mustard, though I don't really like to put it on them, they don't really take away from the taste. I'm pretty sure American's can get whatever the hell we want on hot dogs and nobody cares. I'll ask for a cat next time.

Hot dogs are pretty yummy though.

Rye
03-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Hot dogs are one of the few foods that are good with only mustard and no ketchup. Most things are delicious with ketchup, especially eggs and fries.

I know a funny story about how much Huxley loves Zell. It's so embarassing, but he said he won't care if I tell. :bigsmile:

Bunny
03-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Most things are delicious with ketchup, especially eggs and fries.

We are no longer friends.

Rye
03-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Bunny... ;__;

Shlup
03-11-2010, 11:23 PM
Everything is better with mustard.

Also, hell yes ketchup on eggs.

Rantz
03-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Caviar on eggs plz.

Momiji
03-11-2010, 11:25 PM
They do not sell melon bread widespread across North America!

I've always wondered what that tastes like.

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2010, 11:52 PM
I don't actually put ketchup or mustard on my hot dogs, of course whenever I have hot dogs they're wrapped in bacon and topped with chopped tomato and onion. No need for sauce. :cool:

Most things are delicious with ketchup, especially eggs and fries.

We are no longer friends.

You're weird.

Rye
03-11-2010, 11:54 PM
Huxley swears when he was 13, he was very close to getting Zell's tattoo on his face and bleaching his hair and styling it like Zells. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Lol, that's hilarious. I can't imagine seeing someone looking like that outside of cosplay.

Mo-Nercy
03-12-2010, 04:29 AM
BMN, mustard is the best on anything. One of my favourite breakfast treats is vegemite + mustard on toast.
Dude...wth!?
It's only the best thing ever.
They should've enlisted me to invent the new Vegemite. And I wouldn't have called it iSnack 2.0

Pheesh
03-12-2010, 04:33 AM
My supermarket still has some old jars of the iSnack before it was discontinued, been meaning to get it because it's bound to be worth something someday.

Also, you'll never convince me mustard and vegemite work together...and I'm not brave enough to try it.

blackmage_nuke
03-12-2010, 07:39 AM
Dude...wth!?
They should've enlisted me to invent the new Vegemite. And I wouldn't have called it iSnack 2.0

I probably wouldvbe just copped out and called it vegemate

Zeromus_X
03-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Tomato/BBQ sauce actually sounds rather good on a hot dog.

Usually where I get hot dogs they offer the regular ketchup, mustard, and relish. I like to put hot sauce or salsa on my hot dogs when it's available too.

Meat Puppet
03-12-2010, 02:26 PM
one time I tried to put mustard on bacon and I was assassinated

Iceglow
03-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Hot dogs are best served imho with ketchup and mustard, relish is ok but the bits in it tend to get stuck between your teeth, I want a hot dog to last me like 5 mins to eat not all night.

Whenever I go to the local cinema with Ewa, she gets nachos (the woman is nacho mad I tells you) I get a hot dog with mustard and ketchup I once remember going there and their ketchup/mustard bottles were empty I actually considered refusing to pay for it if they didn't give me mustard and ketchup however one of the girls who worked there pulled 2 new bottles out when she saw my expression, nice girl...knew how to please a man thats more than could be said for Psy's mom.

I have another sauce what is great in hot dogs imho which is to have hp brown sauce on them, I discovered this late one night when I was in central london the burger stand (yeah I actually had a hot dog from a burger stand in central london at night, and I enjoyed it though it really probably was a hot dog in the sense of being made from dog) had no ketchup/mayonaise/mustard so I decided to put some brown sauce on there and it was awesome especially since I had onions in there as well :D

Chloe.
03-12-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't like any sauces, so my hot dogs are always plain. :D

I Took the Red Pill
03-12-2010, 08:43 PM
too lazy to multiquote but I agree with people who say everything is better with mustard. not a fan of ketchup though.

Rodarian
03-12-2010, 09:45 PM
I don't like any sauces, so my hot dogs are always plain. :D

There goes your social life.....

black orb
03-12-2010, 09:52 PM
>>> Mustard + Ketchup + Chilli, a winning combination..:luca:

Jess
03-14-2010, 03:51 PM
Hot dogs are amazing!

Onions, ketchup and mustard. Or plain! Hot dogs are good even on their own in a bun.

Mo-Nercy
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Dude...wth!?

It's just cheese and vegemite, right? Was there ever even a demand for a new vegemite? And don't a lot of people have their vegemite with a slice of cheese anyway?

I should start a vegemite thread and for just the three of us to post in.

Pheesh
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Dude...wth!?

It's just cheese and vegemite, right? Was there ever even a demand for a new vegemite? And don't a lot of people have their vegemite with a slice of cheese anyway?

I should start a vegemite thread and for just the three of us to post in.

Yeah, it's Kraft cream cheese spread mixed with vegemite, and it was made in an attempt to make vegemite more accessible to a worldwide market. I have no idea if it worked.

But I heard a name suggestion that I thought was pretty win; 'Spreadgemite'. Made me chuckle.

Rebellious Eagle
03-14-2010, 10:25 PM
I love mustard on a hot dog. I never really liked mustard until I just randomly decided to try it one day.
And may I ask what vegemite is? It sounds...err...delectable?

Pheesh
03-15-2010, 02:45 AM
It's not really, it's actually pretty gross on bread. But when you put it on toast something magical happens; the clouds part, and god shoots some deliciousness all the way from heaven directly into your mouth.

blackmage_nuke
03-15-2010, 09:27 AM
It tastes abit like salty beer

Jiro
03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Also, the Australian Wendy's is really best known for the hot dogs (which do use mustard), and they are pretty delish.

Oh hell yes

Drift
03-16-2010, 07:16 PM
oh relish! how could I have forgotten relish? so yeah fried onions, ketchup and relish :D

Moon Rabbits
03-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Wtf is wrong with you people. When I go to a street meat vendor I put everything available to me on it: ketchup, mustard, relish, pickles, onions, corn, hot sauce, bbq sauce, chili, cheese. MMMMMMMMMM.

Edge7
03-23-2010, 04:32 AM
CHILI DAWGS BAY-B!!!! :omg:

With ground beef mixed with tomato sauce, mustard, ketchup, and onions, it's 100% guarenteed to motivate you to lose pounds.