PDA

View Full Version : Tossing and Turning

Pheesh
03-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Do you ever have trouble sleeping, or are you one of those people who fall asleep as soon as your head hits the pillow? If the former, then what keeps you up at night?

I can NOT get to sleep at night when it's too hot. I end up changing positions all the time, getting really frustrated, and then when I do fall asleep I always wake up at about 5:00am because I have nothing covering me and the temperature has dropped. Sometimes I also end up staying awake thinking about conversations I've had that day and all the things I could have said in them that would have been much wittier...

Psychotic
03-11-2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah I often have problems and cannot lie still for even a second. I basically have to stay up until I am extremely tired (as in everything is swirling where the hell am I) in order to fall asleep easily.

Momiji
03-11-2010, 03:43 PM
It's almost wired into my brain that I have to lay on my left side, then my right, before I am comfortable laying on my back. I have no idea why, but I can't sleep otherwise.

Rodarian
03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
I'm tosser and turner before I can find a comfortable position (sleep facing down to my right)

Some nights can't sleep at all cause of the evil mosquitoes that magically appear and cause me to lose sleep! :mad2:

Aerith's Knight
03-11-2010, 04:45 PM
I can never get to sleep right away, but I have a fairly good imagination. I've actually got 3 scenarios in my mind that I go to when I'm bored, 15 min of that and I'm put right to sleep.

Whether that is because I'm tired or if I'm boring myself is up to you.

I Took the Red Pill
03-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah I have pretty srs insomnia. Zolpidem does the trick though.

Araciel
03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
I fall to sleep within five to ten minutes of laying my head down.

Jess
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I used to be able to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I have had a lot of troubles sleeping recently. I think its just due to have a lot on my mind and thinking so much about stuff I can't actually switch off and just sleep. Once I'm asleep I tend to wake up a lot through the night, too, where as I used to just sleep straight through.

I can't sleep when it's too hot though. arghhh

Madonna
03-11-2010, 06:20 PM
I fall asleep pretty easily, though once I go to bed I usually hold long conversations with the person whom shares it! I like the conversation; it makes you seem as if you truly care and then you fall asleep to the boring parts!

Araciel is not allowed to sleep with me since we would never speak!

Bunny
03-11-2010, 06:57 PM
I hate sleeping. If I didn't have to do it, I never would. It sucks and I wish it wasn't necessary to my survival. I have a pretty hard time getting to sleep, though I don't want to label it as insomnia; usually listening to music helps.

I typically go to bed at 4-5am and wake up at 9-10am. Every once and awhile I sleep for several additional hours due to sheer exhaustion and inability to wake up. Though I'm also a fairly light sleeper (which makes sleep even less appealing to me), at the times in which I sleep for longer than intended, I can't be woken up by anything at all.

Rye
03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm always having to switch sleeping positions before I get settled. I like to be on my stomach or slightly on my right side. I usually fall asleep really fast.

Rantz
03-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm easy in bed.

I mean, I fall asleep easily.

Rase
03-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I fall asleep easily with music or a podcast quietly playing through my headphones, or if someone else is with me. Other than that I sometimes have trouble, but it seems random.

vinnie's mini's
03-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I can NOT get to sleep at night when it's too hot. I end up changing positions all the time, getting really frustrated, and then when I do fall asleep I always wake up at about 5:00am because I have nothing covering me and the temperature has dropped. Sometimes I also end up staying awake thinking about conversations I've had that day and all the things I could have said in them that would have been much wittier...

This, and if I don't have enough pillows. I don't know why but if I have less than five pillows I just can't sleep, which gets me frustrated and causes me to keep moving around - its really annoying when you have to get up early in the morning. :mad:

NorthernChaosGod
03-11-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd say I fall asleep fairly quickly after actually getting bed. Most of the time no more than ten minutes or so will pass.

Any trouble will usually because I'm not tired enough or I'm cracked out on something.

I'm easy in bed.

Lulz, didn't see that coming.

Zeldy
03-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm a very heavy sleeper, I fall asleep after like 10-15 minutes and I'm completely dead to the world.

~*~Celes~*~
03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
I, too, have to stay up uber late until I literally can't keep my eyes open anymore in order to fall asleep easily. Otherwise, I have to switch from my right side to my left side to my tummy to my back, switch the way my head is turned, sprawl out or sleep near enough like a mummy...It's horrible.

I'm a light sleeper because when I was a baby, my mom made sure the house was absolutely noise free when I was asleep because I was always sick, so I needed to rest.

Mo-Nercy
03-12-2010, 04:46 AM
I don't typically wander into bed until after two in the morning, specifically because I know I wouldn't be able to get to sleep otherwise. A lot of the time, if I haven't done a whole lot on a given day, I'd try to make myself physically tired by going out for a late night jog or wander the local suburban streets catching up with a friend over a fag who suffers a similar sleep problem.

But other days, if I had been to the gym. Or I've pulled an all-nighter the night before to study/watch movies/play video games, I can fall into a heavy sleep the moment my head hits the pillow, irregardless of time.

I'm also known to fall asleep easily on public transport and boring chick flicks (good chick flicks are exhilirating though! :))

kikimm
03-12-2010, 06:05 AM
I have had a lot of troubles sleeping recently. I think its just due to have a lot on my mind and thinking so much about stuff I can't actually switch off and just sleep. Once I'm asleep I tend to wake up a lot through the night, too, where as I used to just sleep straight through.

This is exactly me right now! The last month or so, after sleeping well for so long, has been problematic. Very frustrating. I was getting used to the whole getting a good night's sleep thing.

Shiny
03-12-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm easy in bed.

No you were right the first time.

I'm not sure if I toss and turn. I guess I do because one time I woke up on the floor when I was originally in the bed.

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2010, 07:23 AM
Usually I can fall asleep quickly if I'm not extremely worried about something. Once I've fallen asleep then I'm out. As well as I sleep it never really feels like I get enough of it >:I

Bunny
03-12-2010, 09:18 AM
This post is an example of what happens when I go to sleep before 3am.

I went to bed at 10:30pm and woke up, completely, at 2:10am.

Rebellious Eagle
03-12-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm like a lot of you. I have trouble falling asleep right away.
I used to be able to fall asleep at 9 and sleep straight through until 7, but nowadays I close my eyes at 10:30 and am usually asleep by 11 if I'm relaxed and tired. Otherwise sometimes I stay up until 1 and have no idea why. I also routinely wake up at about 5. And when I wake up I find myself on my stomach but I have no idea how I got there because I sleep on my side.

Fujiko
03-14-2010, 12:19 AM
It's almost wired into my brain that I have to lay on my left side, then my right, before I am comfortable laying on my back. I have no idea why, but I can't sleep otherwise.

I know what you mean! First, I have to sleep on my back for a while to stretch it, then on my right in a foetal position, and then on my stomach, facing the wall (to the right). It's always like that for me, always. And unless I'm very tired I never fall asleep right away; I end up thinking about most of what happened during the day and what challenges I might face the next day, and I think about things I forgot to do that day that I need to do the next day (and sometimes I actually get up from bed and write important notes of things to remember the next day!). Things like that always keeps me up for a while (30 min minimum!) until I drift to la-la land and away from my thoughts. x) :love:

Edit: Also, it needs to be pretty dark and very quiet when I go to bed, otherwise I'll never fall asleep. Ever. I'm a light sleeper most of the time, no matter how tired I am; if there are the vaguest sounds around me when I go to sleep it disturbs my sleep and I have to try falling asleep all over again. :(

Breine
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't usually have trouble falling asleep, but it can happen from time to time. It's super annoying.

Crop
03-15-2010, 02:53 AM
I hate sleeping. If I didn't have to do it, I never would. It sucks and I wish it wasn't necessary to my survival.

I totally agree, it's such a waste of time.

I usually get to sleep within 15 minutes. Sometimes when I need to sleep for something I'm doing the next day, I panic and can't get to sleep early, which makes me panic more until it's about 6am and I have to be up at 8.

I Took the Red Pill
03-15-2010, 05:34 AM
Sometimes when I need to sleep for something I'm doing the next day, I panic and can't get to sleep early, which makes me panic more until it's about 6am and I have to be up at 8.Are you sure you're not me

Raistlin
03-15-2010, 06:16 AM
I always have trouble falling asleep. I think my main problem is that I just can't turn my mind off.

NorthernChaosGod
03-15-2010, 07:37 AM
I always have trouble falling asleep. I think my main problem is that I just can't turn my mind off.

I used to be like this, but since I got back into pretty heavy exercise I'm usually fairly tired by bed time. It's so much better these days.

Blue Harvest
03-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Sometimes I fall asleep easily and other times I lie in bed awake for hours.