PDA

View Full Version : Okay! 3, 2, 1, let's count!

KentaRawr!
03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Cowboy Bebop (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CowboyBebop). Two of my siblings used to watch this once watching Sailor Moon and Outlaw Star stopped being cool. I'm just watching it now, and I'm a little obsessed. I'm disappointed I have less than 10 episodes to go until it's over. So, what do you think of the series?

Oh, and I'm watching it in English, unlike everything else. :p

Jessweeee♪
03-12-2010, 02:58 AM
I still haven't gotten around to watching this. I love the opening theme, though. It's fun driving music and my alarm plays it in the mornings to get me up n.n

Bunny
03-12-2010, 03:41 AM
Outlaw Star > Cowboy Bebop.

http://nerdfellowship.com/community/gallery/1_16_01_09_10_04_21.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
03-12-2010, 04:40 AM
^Lulz, nice shoop.

Anyways, Cowboy Bebop is rad. It's easily my favorite anime.

And nothing wrong with watching in English, localizations are good things.

Mo-Nercy
03-12-2010, 04:50 AM
I <3 Cowboy Bebop. It's one of my all time favourite animes.

Also, I feel compelled to share this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/dissidia-final-fantasy/129985-dissidia-just-got-bit-more-hip.html) in case you haven't been down to the Dissidia Final Fantasy forum lately.

charliepanayi
03-12-2010, 07:25 AM
One of the best anime ever. Fantastic music, great characters, and maybe the best dub around too.

'And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge'

KentaRawr!
03-12-2010, 02:09 PM
One of the best anime ever. Fantastic music, great characters, and maybe the best dub around too.

'And what was the real lesson? Don't leave things in the fridge'

I love how Ed beat the monster by eating it.

Wolf Kanno
03-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Cowboy Bebop is a great series and easily one of the very few anime I can watch over and over and not get bored with it. You'll definetly have to watch the movie too (if you are hoping for chronological order, watch the movie before episode 23). The cast is awesome and the writing is excellent. Not to mention it has one of the best OST ever thanks to Yoko Kanno!!! :love:

KentaRawr!
03-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Whoops. I just finished Session 23.

black orb
03-12-2010, 10:12 PM
>>> Lupin III is better..:luca:

KentaRawr!
03-13-2010, 03:01 AM
At least the legs of Lupin III make a cameo appearance in every episode.

Vermachtnis
03-13-2010, 03:05 AM
Mushroom Samba is the best episode of anything ever.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2010, 03:13 AM
Mushroom Samba is the best episode of anything ever.

I loved how Spike was walking up the stairs, and he saw the frog.

JKTrix
03-13-2010, 04:30 AM
I hoped this thread wasn't about Cowboy Bebop, but I guess I was wrong. Misleading thread title strikes again!

I like Bebop.

KentaRawr!
03-13-2010, 05:42 AM
That ending sucked.

NorthernChaosGod
03-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I hoped this thread wasn't about Cowboy Bebop, but I guess I was wrong. Misleading thread title strikes again!

I like Bebop.

wat

Breine
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
I have never watched the series, but I own the movie and I like it. Made me want to watch the series too.

JKTrix
03-13-2010, 06:28 PM
The ending was fine.

My complaint in the last post was that the thread title sucked, but I wasn't sure if he just got the quote wrong or if he's using the kind of sense of humour that I can never understand on this forum. So I didn't want to make too big of a deal of the fact that the guy doesn't say "Let's Count" in the song, because maybe he was being funny.

Bebop is not my favourite, but it is one of the first things I'd recommend to someone who hasn't seen it and is interested in anime. Few anime shows have matched its pure accessibility to the 'outside' world.

Kentarou might have thought that that Keanu Reeves 'photoshop' was a joke, but the man is involved with the live action Bebop movie that is coming up.

Mo-Nercy
03-14-2010, 01:51 AM
Kentarou might have thought that that Keanu Reeves 'photoshop' was a joke, but the man is involved with the live action Bebop movie that is coming up.
Somehow I am pessimistic about Keanu Reeves playing Spike.

JKTrix
03-14-2010, 06:47 AM
I think your pessimism is too narrowly focused :P The fact that there's a live-action Bebop movie being made at all, or the never ending string of Hollywood-made anime adaptations deserve more of your ire.

Reeves, however, is the one who is strongly advocating for this film to be made. He went to Japan and met with the people at Sunrise (and the guy who left Sunrise but was in charge of Bebop). Spike wasn't necessarily a man of wildly varying character, so Reeves could probably pull it off as well as any other human actor could. And at least he appears to be a genuine fan.

The possible 'upside' to the Bebop deal is that Sunrise says they have the right to reject the movie script if they think it sucks (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-23/sunrise/keanu-reeves-zeal-clinched-cowboy-bebop-deal). The problem is that they are Japanese.

Mo-Nercy
03-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I suppose it was (narrowly focused). I'm glad to hear that he's a fan of the series, I wasn't aware of that. But I still think he looks ridiculous with that hairdo.

I do sincerely hope the script is good if the case is as you've stated. I did a bit of research myself after reading your post, and found out that Peter Craig is doing the writing. I've actually read a bit of Hot Plastic in a bookstore while waiting for someone and I think I thought it was pretty good at the time. A quick wiki search on him tells me he's known for his "darkly comic" style which seems right up Cowboy Bebop's alley.

So pessimism reversed, I guess xD

KentaRawr!
03-14-2010, 07:15 PM
I know he says "Let's jam!" I just think it's funny that it sounds like he's saying "Let's count!" after he counts down from 3. :p

Edit: And yeah, I know the ending was fine. It just made me feel a little sad. :(

Vermachtnis
03-14-2010, 08:52 PM
But I still think he looks ridiculous with that hairdo.

I can't think of anyone who wouldn't xD