PDA

View Full Version : The Return of The Spoony One (This is for you Wolf. ;) )

NeoCracker
03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
I'm sure we all remember that hilarious FF VIII review, which ended after a good 11 or so parts, making it basically a 5 hour rant about the game.

Well now is back, going after a game he claims worse then VIII.
The real question is, why am I building up the suspense for this? It's not like you don't know what game I'm talking about given the forum and all.

I give you the first part of The FF X review. (http://spoonyexperiment.com/category/game-reviews/final-fantasy-x/)

crazybayman
03-12-2010, 07:58 PM
hehe....well done. Though I love this game, he nails everything undesirable about it.

line_genrou
03-13-2010, 11:38 PM
I hate the game so I'm having a blast watching this!

Flying Arrow
03-14-2010, 03:50 PM
His FFVIII reviews ventured into various levels of stupid at some points (complaining about the abstractness of junctioning and those lengthy Dr Insano bits) but he is very entertaining. There are times when he's just being funny and there are times when he hates the game so much he just seethes, which is when he is at his best.

Watching some of those X clips makes me wonder how I was able to play through this game twice (three years apart, mind you). "Crews of... huh?" Is Tidus 6-years-old? Is the audience 6-years-old? God this game fucking sucks.

Clyde's Shadow
03-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Omg thank you SOOOOO much for this, i'd completely forgotten about all this... the VIII reviews he did were some of the funniest things i've ever seen lol, gonna be watching this as soon as i get home later :)

Edit: Also, X is one of my favourite games in the series, so this should be interesting to see what he says about it :p

Rad Bromance
03-15-2010, 04:29 AM
Wow..."hilarious" truly is a subjective feeling.

This is cringingly anti-funny to me.

Marshall Banana
03-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow..."hilarious" truly is a subjective feeling.

This is cringingly anti-funny to me.

cloud21zidane16
03-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I love his reviews, even though I loved VIII and like X I still find it completely hilarious and sometimes true:p Funnier then the The Angry Video Game Nerd imo:)

Renmiri
03-15-2010, 05:44 PM
OMG, laughing so hard I'm in tears :p

I'm the biggest FFX fan ever but he managed to catch all it's flaws in such a funny way :D

PS: Love how he named his Tidus "Meg Ryan" :love:

BG-57
03-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Although I love FFVIII (even Triple Triad!) and like FFX a lot, he does raise some valid points. Yes, Tidus is a doofus, but a basically a likeable one. The character designs are way over the top, but I still find them some of my favorite characters in terms of personality and interactions.

I would be interested to see what he makes of FFX-2.

Favorite moment was Tidus telling Wakka where he's from, not four minutes after Rikku tells him not to.

Forsaken Lover
03-22-2010, 04:11 AM
I would be interested to see what he makes of FFX-2.

YouTube - Final Fantasy VII Review (Part 6) (CENSORED) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0zHbNzEGWA)

Skip to 9:50

BG-57
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
I understand his general opinion, given the horrified reaction he shows to the opening cinematic; but I'd be interested to hear him rant at length about it.

He might actually like it better than FFX, given his hatred of Tidus. But I doubt it.

Aerith's Knight
03-25-2010, 03:28 PM
His reviews are always the best. Even when I like those games, someone needs to say these things. :p

Forsaken Lover
03-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I'm glad he finally talked a bit about IX. I'm on his forum and ever since he said he hated 8 but 10 was even worse, people have been making threads asking what he thought of 9.

I can get him not liking the art style but he acknowledges the game is probably good. Spoony is so awesome.

Aerith's Knight
03-25-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm glad he finally talked a bit about IX. I'm on his forum and ever since he said he hated 8 but 10 was even worse, people have been making threads asking what he thought of 9.

I can get him not liking the art style but he acknowledges the game is probably good. Spoony is so awesome.

Actually, he only acknowledges that he never played past two hours of the game, because he hated animated furries. xD

But the game was good, so it's all good.

Skyblade
04-13-2010, 11:03 PM
I was looking for a thread on this before I made my own. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, his points are awesome, but I wonder how he expects to pass this off as worse then FFVIII. His review has already painting it better than FFVIII, because he admits FFX has an incredible battle system, something that FFVIII lacked.

Forsaken Lover
04-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I think his argument for X being worse is...Tidus.
And it is kind of hard to argue with that.

Unless you really like the other characters, story, world and so-on. (which I do).

Skyblade
04-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Tidus being terrible is balanced by Auron being so dang awesome. Even Spoony, who hates the game, admits how much sheer awesomeness Auron is. :)

Shin Gouken
04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
I was looking for a thread on this before I made my own. Can't believe I missed it.

Anyway, his points are awesome, but I wonder how he expects to pass this off as worse then FFVIII. His review has already painting it better than FFVIII, because he admits FFX has an incredible battle system, something that FFVIII lacked.

He says a number of positive things about X. So far his only real complaints are predictable plot twists (i didn't think so) and Tidus who to be fair ruined the fuck out of an otherwise great game.

crazybayman
04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
SEYMOUR!!! :mad2:

Bolivar
04-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh, no.

McLovin'
04-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Wow that was hilarious. The potion suitcase had me crackin' up. Oh and "so Wakka takes Tidus back to the village to get a hit of his Blitz Bong." lol I'm so naming one of mine Blitz Bong.

Crop
04-22-2010, 01:52 PM
In classic Spoony fashion, it's taken him over a month to come up with the next one. I predict he'll be finished in about 2 years.

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2010, 08:29 PM
What next one?

cloud21zidane16
04-25-2010, 09:31 PM
What next one?

"To be continued" shows up at the end of the video. His most probably going to do 3-6 parts inbetween other videos like he did with VIII and eventually go on to X-2 im sure:)

Hot Shot
04-26-2010, 10:24 AM
What next one?

"To be continued" shows up at the end of the video. His most probably going to do 3-6 parts inbetween other videos like he did with VIII and eventually go on to X-2 im sure:)
Yeah, he'll have a lot of fun with that game! And I'm sure he'll tear XII apart. He will most definately not do a review on XI, but he'll probably dedicate a couple of minutes of it in the XII review (Like he did with IX in the X review)

Shin Gouken
04-27-2010, 03:31 PM
What next one?

Yeah, he'll have a lot of fun with that game! And I'm sure he'll tear XII apart. He will most definately not do a review on XI, but he'll probably dedicate a couple of minutes of it in the XII review (Like he did with IX in the X review)

I think i remember him saying he actually liked XII.

ReloadPsi
05-12-2010, 01:58 PM
I understand his general opinion, given the horrified reaction he shows to the opening cinematic; but I'd be interested to hear him rant at length about it.

He might actually like it better than FFX, given his hatred of Tidus. But I doubt it.

Lord knows I did. I'd rather played nothing but FFX-2 for the rest of my life than play FFX even once more.

NeoCracker
06-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Part II is finally up, and it was awesome. XD

I loved his comments on Seymores design. :p

Shin Gouken
06-13-2010, 11:31 PM
I think he went kinda easy on the laughing scene :spin:

BG-57
06-14-2010, 01:37 AM
His description of Anima is priceless. As is the cut he makes to Seymour after observing that his banquet table has a lot of fruits.

Forsaken Lover
06-14-2010, 02:29 AM
He has a beautiful singing voice.

Also having Rikku join the party to "pee in her butt" is the most realistic reason for a character to join the party in FF history.

Skyblade
06-14-2010, 07:34 AM
That was awesome. Of course, my favorite bits were the parts where he blasted Seymour.

So many of his points are completely valid, yet I still like the game overall.

Edit: Oh, yes. And Maechen's awesomeness is explained in X-2, where you not only learn that his is an unsent (which kind of sucks, even if it was predictable, since it would be nice to have at least one recurring character who is still alive), but he is also an awesome Black Mage, as his sphere serves as the basis for the Black Mage dress sphere.

McLovin'
06-15-2010, 02:56 AM
"He did the impossible! He out stupid-ed Wakka's hair!"
LMAO

Crop
08-29-2010, 09:17 PM
Latest one just went up. The part where he talks about the alarm in the Al-Bhed base is hilarious xD

Mo-Nercy
08-31-2010, 03:32 PM
xD

I've always wondered what that alarm was saying. Trust Spoony to find something humourous in it.

Karifean
08-31-2010, 07:30 PM
Happy... festival... fireworks!?!?

Forsaken Lover
08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
No need to be sad about Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans is now just your very own waterpark.

Look on the bright side of life indeed.