PDA

View Full Version : Panic! (Spoiler Free)

Shlup
03-13-2010, 12:13 AM
So today I go to load my game, and I'm on chapter nine, but the save the most recent save says chapter six. I almost panic because I never finished FF7 or FF9 because of save issues so I'm like :onoes: :onoes: :onoes: :onoes:.

But then I find the next save file (I rotate between three) is in chapter nine. But it has two minutes less play time than the chapter six one! I lost like five or seven hours or something off my clock. Weird.

And that's my story for the day. Discuss.

cloud21zidane16
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Very strange, you sure your reading it right?:p Relief you dont have to redo 3 chapters though.

Shlup
03-13-2010, 02:36 AM
Yeah I sure read it right. It corrected itself when I saved again though.

I swear if one more FF smurfs up 'cause of a save issue I'm gonna kill everyone! EVERYONE!

P.S. I never finished FF7 'cause TheAbominatrix saved over my game. *shakes fist like it's 1999*

Lightening
03-13-2010, 06:21 AM
"To be forgotten is worse than death" - Freya

I can think of one more thing that's worse than death.... losing your save data!! and then dying afterwards as a direct cause. :cool:

Shlup
03-13-2010, 07:21 AM
FF9 was the worst. I was on disc three, had just beaten a boss battle, and then everything starts quaking and Zidane goes "What the--?!" and then the game freezes. I re-did it several times, but when I looked there was like a little dent in the disc that was apparently causing the freeze.

Notice both of these tragedies are TheAbominatrix's fault. :mymelbert:

No one else has had any moments of panic, huh? I guess that's good.

Del Murder
03-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah the saving on this game is scary, especially if you have two people in the house playing. Why doesn't it just automatically put you on your loaded save? And they aren't even listed in numbered order...

Shlup
03-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Yeah, I would go nuts if BJ was playing too. Every five minutes "YOU BE SURE YOU DON'T SAVE OVER MY FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

doeboyfresh14
03-18-2010, 05:29 PM
i had this problem with FF7. I got to the point where it flashes back in Clouds home town and he is replaced in all the memories with Zack. (right before everyone is captured and you wake up with Tifa reaching for the key)

every time the screen would flash white, my game would freeze. So i brought it to my friends house, got past that point and saved. When i went home to carry on, it brought me right back to the point before it froze.

Being the young angry kid i was, the playstation ended up against a wall and i had to settle for N64 until the PS2 came out. Still haven't finished FF7 though.

Shlup
03-19-2010, 02:50 AM
That sounds unbearably frustrating, especially on account of you going through the effort of taking it to your friends house. xD

Ontibile
03-19-2010, 03:12 AM
It seems to default back to the last save file used on my PS3. If Onee-chan saves it on her save file, then that's the first one to pop up. I have to read carefully before choosing one and starting the game.

Also sorry to hear about not finishing FF7. I had to wait until I could download it off the PSNetwork before I could play it and I have experienced zero save issues with it. Are they planning on putting FF9 on the PSNetwork? That's the one of the few I haven't been able to play yet. I could borrow the discs from a friend but she warns that there are compatibility issues with it and the PS3.

Rinoabella
03-19-2010, 04:35 AM
I had a moment of panic in FFVII also. On the second disc at Icicle Inn it would freeze :( My dad took the game back and we got it exchanged and it was all go from there. You should definitely finish FFVII, it's the best! :jess:

Croyles
03-19-2010, 04:53 AM
I had serous panic on FFVIII during the space sequence, where it would keep freezing. Oh and my brother saved over my saves a few times. I guess thats payback for when I saved over his Link to the Past save all those years ago!

doeboyfresh14
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
i've played ffvii since. still haven't beat it. I stopped like a couple years ago. i got to sephiroth and i think i could only beat his first form. so i gave up after a while. so if i play now i'll have to start from the beginning. i was never very good at getting all the things (knights of the round, chocobo breeding, etc.)

Does anyone remember the save problems with "III" (VI) on super nintendo? If you didn't save often enough, it would destroy your contorollers?

oddler
03-19-2010, 01:22 PM
I had memory card issues the first couple times I played FFT. Got through to Chapter 2 then, for some reason, my save files kept getting corrupted. :\

My Disc 1 of Star Ocean: The Second Story is a little jacked up at the Hoffman Ruins part. Every time the animation started where Leon helps you open the door, the game would freeze. It actually never started working again until I bought another Playstation.