PDA

View Full Version : This is an interesting topic about kate gosselin

Freya
03-13-2010, 06:46 AM
http://www.makli.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kate-gosselin-with-children.jpg

Kinda..... I got the new People magazine. It had a really long spread about kate gosselin doing dancing with the stars.

But that's not so much the point of this thread. The point is MAGAZINES!

I occasionally get me some gossip magazines or People... which has gossip in it too. I get a Game Informer here and there. Sometimes I get a Better Homes and Gardens magazine, or well my mom does, and I read those cause they have some good cooking, gardening, and crafting tips.

What magazines do you get or occasionally look at?

rubah
03-13-2010, 06:47 AM
I get a magazine from ASME every month, but uh... I don't read it :D

NorthernChaosGod
03-13-2010, 07:21 AM
I stopped getting my computer, car, gaming magazines a couple of years ago; you can find pretty much all that stuff online now.

I do kind of miss my PSM (http://www.playstationthemagazine.com/) subscription though, it was my favorite.

Mo-Nercy
03-13-2010, 07:32 AM
I have a subscription to F1 Racing magazine which I always read cover to cover. I used to get car and gaming magazines semi-regularly too but these days, it's the interwebz and Top Gear all the way.

Shlup
03-13-2010, 07:33 AM
I don't read magazines. Well, that's not true, sometimes I browse one of BJ's Game Pros on the toilet, but he hasn't gotten any lately.

Magazines are expensive; internet is free. Well, other than the $50 a month.

Rantz
03-13-2010, 09:29 AM
I've had on and off subscription to one music magazine and one design magazine. Honestly though, I don't really like magazines so much for the actual reading as for inspiration. A well designed magazine really tickles my nerves. If it's about something I'm interested in (like aforementioned topics) and well written then I'm in inspiration heaven. So pricey though!

Rye
03-13-2010, 09:38 AM
I don't have any subscriptions to any magazines, but I like to read Glamour or Cosmo once in a while, and I'll read The Economist once Huxley finishes. Rarely I'll buy a magazine about Psychology. I've been meaning to get some about sewing patterns.

Loony BoB
03-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm subscribed to FHM and read Shortlist weekly, too. I get Sky TV's magazine with my subscription.

Breine
03-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I mostly read music magazines and gaming magazines. There's a really good music one called Gaffa here - it's maybe the biggest music magazine in Denmark, and it's free!
Then there's a free gaming magazine called GameReactor that I sometimes pick up too.

Also, if I feel like it I buy magazines like Q and Rolling Stone - and a Danish one called Sound Venue. It doesn't happen often, though, since it's rather expensive.

Overall I love reading magazines, and often feel like buying one when standing in front of a rack of them.
Just like Rantzien I get inspired by them as well.

Slothy
03-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I'll occasionally pick up an issue of Sound on Sound or Computer Music if there are interesting articles, or included programs in the case of the latter. Aside from that I don't really buy any magazines anymore. I sometimes miss getting Modern Drummer, but it's sucked for years since the man who started the magazine and ran it for it's first few decades passed away.

Pheesh
03-13-2010, 02:53 PM
I'll occasionally pick up ModernDrummer or a similar magazine (dependent on what's in it usually) and I used to avidly read PSM, but not so much any more.

Brunettepudding
03-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I have a subscription to GameInformer, and get them every month. <3

Vermachtnis
03-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I have a subscription to GameInformer, and get them every month. <3

Same here, it came with my Gamestop card.

Merk
03-13-2010, 04:50 PM
ESPN, SI, GQ

Freya
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
You know what magazine bugs me? The oprah magazine. My mom got like a free years subscription for some reason. It has WAY too many ads. You'll have an article start on page like 12 and the other half is on page 124 then the end of it is on page 203. I know Oprah makes way too much money already to need that many ads.

Moon Rabbits
03-13-2010, 08:33 PM
i fucking love kate gosselin.

Yeargdribble
03-13-2010, 10:27 PM
i smurfing love kate gosselin.

for being an attention whore who blames everything on her husband... who works... whiles she gets manicures?

I don't really do the magazine thing with the internet and all. I have a subscription to The Instrumentalist and have considered getting subscriptions to a few science themed magazines or Popular Mechanics or something.

I don't really do the crappy gossip magazines and couldn't imagine paying for them. TMZ.com if you give a crap. And any spread you find in a gossip magazine you can easily find on the web.

Freya
03-13-2010, 11:35 PM
Does anyone subscribe to online newsletters which can sometimes be magazine like? I know that NCsoft (specifically Aion) was going to have a magazine completely online. WoW tried to join the magazine thing too but they have a couple articles online as well.

Any non-newsish sites you go to that has articles regularly?

Jiro
03-14-2010, 09:12 AM
I read Hyper. I buy it every month but just cannot be bothered subscribing. One day somebody will listen and give me a subscription for my birthday

Mirage
03-14-2010, 02:52 PM
I sometimes buy popular science magazines, if the cover looks interesting enough.

Aerith's Knight
03-14-2010, 04:09 PM
I occasionally look at things like "Science", "English Journal of Medicine" and "International weekly science journal".