PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dreddz
03-13-2010, 11:37 AM
YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution NEW trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nukgypexVMc)

After what has seemed like years we finally have some more info on the next Deus Ex game. And it seems they have tried everything in their power to make the next trailer as confusing as possible. Regardless, its still nice to see that the game still exists. It should be out by the end of the year if I'm reading correctly. Can't wait.

EDIT - Also worth noting that the game is being developed for the PC, 360 and PS3. What a surprise.

Yeargdribble
03-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn't find the trailer particularly confusing.

It starts with the scene portrayed in Rembrandt's "The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomy_Lesson_of_Dr._Nicolaes_Tulp)." There seems to be the man's soul leaving his body (perhaps allegorically losing his soul for what he is to receive). He then personifies Icarus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icarus) and with his wings flies too close (indeed into) the sun.

The Rembrandt painting is a good representation of early medical technology when it was still thought wrong to dissect corpses. Early (post Enlightenment... thus hence Dark Ages) medical knowledge was gained by essentially stealing corpses to dissect and learn from.

I think this point being made is that we've come so far and learn so much, only to fly too close to the sun like Icarus. Our pride in our ever growing knowledge led us to a fall... the bio-technologies that maybe a little too much.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/the_more_you_know2.jpg

Then our protagonist(?) wakes from that dream to his reality... a future where perhaps medical technology has taken things a bit out of control. The rest is just general teaser trailer fodder. S**t's about to hit the fan to add tension, he shows off some biomods and gets ready for action.

Iceglow
03-13-2010, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't consider the development of the game for the 3 main formats of the moment to be a surprise either, why is this surprising to you? The 3 main formats are very evenly matched regardless of the way the ps3 fanboys and 360 fanboys argue and currently they're doing everything the average pc can (I'm not counting speciffically designed gaming rigs as the average pc ok, those things are beasts and deserve some god damn respect, they're anything but average they're also 5x the cost of their console rivals to build and buy) if not do it better. Many pc's store brought will not run games such as GTA IV, Fallout 3, Modern Warfare 2 not if you're looking at less than £400 which is about the amount the average console (ps3/360) transaction comes to (counting additional periphials such as hdmi cables, control pads, games) and the pc doesn't come with the games or additional periphials.

In short, this could be an excellent reboot for a great series or it could turn out to be complete pap much like deus ex 2 was imho only time will tell.

Slothy
03-13-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic Iceglow.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of teaser trailers like this. They're nice because they let you know they are indeed working on the game, but beyond that, I'll wait for an actual gameplay trailer before getting too excited.

Dreddz
03-13-2010, 03:41 PM
I think the trailer at least gives us an idea on how the game will look. I'm really digging the cyberpunk/gothic artstyle the game is going for. I reckon we'll see the game itself at E3, especially if they are aiming to release the game this fall.

Yeargdribble
03-13-2010, 04:08 PM
I think the trailer at least gives us an idea on how the game pre-rendered cutscenes will look.

Slothy
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, the art style does look cool, but how much of that transfers well into the game we'll have to see. I just prefer actual gameplay trailers because these tell us little about the game and how it will play.

Shoeberto
03-13-2010, 08:42 PM
The trailer seems very poignant and sets an appropriate tone, I think.

My fear is that they'll dumb everything down too much. Bioshock got away with it (dumbing down gameplay ideas from System Shock 2) because of a fantastic story and creative environments. Considering Deus Ex's story was based around often complex, intertwined stories, I'm curious if they'll be able to pull it off without losing the attention span of the average twitch-happy shooter fan.

I've never played Deus Ex 2, but from everything I've heard, I don't want this game to end up like that.

Crop
03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Square? What? Since when?

Slothy
03-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Square bought Eidos a while back so they publish all of their games now.

Shoeberto
03-14-2010, 08:12 PM
It was kinda funny seeing the Youtube comments saying that Square's involvement explained the weird stuff in the trailer. But, yeah, SE bought out Eidos last year sometime. I think technically Eidos is now Square-Enix Europe, though I've seen the Eidos branding used a few places recently despite that.

Crop
03-15-2010, 12:57 AM

Square bought Eidos a while back so they publish all of their games now.

:eek::eek: Where the hell have I been when this all happened?

Shoeberto - yeah I've seen it around too, I suppose that's why I didn't have a clue.

Seems odd to see Square on a Deus Ex game.

Yeargdribble
03-15-2010, 05:34 AM
The idea of large publishing houses consuming one another kinda frightens me of a homogenized gaming future. My only consolation is the thought that one day all of the original team from System Shock 2 will essentially be owned by the same parent company making it available as an IP to work with again and be re-released.

bipper
03-15-2010, 05:50 PM
The idea of large publishing houses consuming one another kinda frightens me of a homogenized gaming future.

Lighten up! It is just one of many multiple endings you unlock in the last moments of the game - despite prior decisions.

Dreddz
06-04-2010, 06:46 PM
YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer - E3 2010: Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxAz4TtgQI)

Thought it was worth posting this. Im not sure if I like seeing Deus Ex being geared towards cinematics. I guess there just trying to keep up with the times but it still bothers me somewhat. The first trailer left a better impression in my opinion.

Loony BoB
08-13-2011, 08:48 AM
I'd say it's time this thread got bumped. So, who's getting it? I'm very interested, the reviews so far have all been positive (well, I imagine that's the case as they have got 8-10/10 or 94% going by what the online news is saying about the magazines coming out xD).

Madame Adequate
08-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Upon playing the leak I went from "Yeah probably get this at some point" to "Day negative sixty preorder".

It's god damn glorious.

Loony BoB
08-13-2011, 10:05 PM
DeusExOfficial's Channel - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/DeusExOfficial?feature=pvchclk)

The more I hear (or read/see) about this game, the more I'm interested. I think I will buy it... I just hope it's closer to the likes of Mass Effect than the likes of Fallout 3. Can you advise on that one, MILF? =o

Madame Adequate
08-13-2011, 10:12 PM
It's... more like Deus Ex? :p Yeah it's probably closer to ME1 but it's still something of a stretch. The dialog stuff here seems much more solid than, well, almost any other game I've played lately and even with the shortness of the leak, you really get the sense that you're making decisions that will matter. So nothing like Fallout 3 then.

Loony BoB
08-13-2011, 10:17 PM
Works for me. :) I was more thinking along the lines of how open the world is rather than dialogue options, really... I'm more a fan of ME's fixed missions than I am of Oblivion/Fallout-styled open world enemies spawn back etc. kind of thing. Although I'm still drooling over Skyrim.

But from what I've gathered, it's far, far more focused than Bethesda when it comes to story, so hopefully that is the case!

Elite Lord Sigma
08-14-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, this game looks very slick. Judging from what I've seen from the various trailers and footage, the game looks like it's doing well at making each potential method of tackling missions seem fun. And I'm inclined to say that the story will be quite focused, with some sidequests to enhance sideplots every now and then.

The Summoner of Leviathan
08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Got it. Played a little bit. First time playing anything from the Deus Ex series but I am enjoying it so far though I am not that good at being stealthy. :(

Flying Arrow
08-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Got the game yesterday. I'm still more or less in the first hub area, but this game is really, really good. DX1 is probably one of my favourite games, so it's so good to be able to play a modern game that has this much choice and genuine level design while still being shiny and slick. Games like this just don't come out very often anymore.

For those who asked, it's much closer to something like Mass Effect than Fallout 3 in that it involves taking cover and a storyline that is affected by player choice. But... it's also really nothing like ME either. A good point of reference for most people I think would be Metal Gear Solid + Alpha Protocol. Gameplay that encourages stealth and creative use of tools and mechanics, and simple, but really really well done RPG/experience point system.

DK
08-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Have been playing it most of the day, enjoying it quite a bit so far. Only just finished the first mission. My favourite part so far was just the random easter egg in Pritchards office where there is a poster for FFXVII on the wall. Such a nerd to get so excited about that little thing :(. But yeah. So far so good, only real complaint is getting shredded fairly easily by enemies when you fuck up, but I figure that'll cool down a bit once I'm augmented up some.

NeoCracker
08-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Okay, Deus Ex is pretty rad. I've cleared out the first mission and am about to talk to Prichard about a certain object you look for in the second mission.

I love Prichard so much. :love:

My buddy Brian just mobbed almost the entirety of the first mission with non-lethal means. He just fighting entirely in the giant warehouse section, where as I only used non-lethal takedowns occasionally since it doesn't draw as much attention.

Dreddz
08-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Glad to see its being received so positively. Ill try picking up my copy as soon as possible. It'll have a hard time living up to the original.

Loony BoB
08-27-2011, 06:45 PM
I really like playing this game.

Which makes it extremely smurfing annoying that one of the missions has bugged up and I am now unable to complete it. Looking at the Eidos forums, it's a common occurance, so hopefully they fix it sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Yay, I got past that bug by starting & finishing another side mission. Whee. Only real disappointment since then is that the binary on a post-it note did not translate to anything (at least, not according to the translater I used...). But now I'm wondering if I read it upside down... hmm.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh yeah, man, just count the nods to Final Fantasy. Some of them are utterly blatant and I love it. The poster is obvious enough, and then there's one of the bad guys and when you get to China, oh man, haha.

NeoCracker
08-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Really, for a while the biggest issue I had was how easy the game was for me playing on 'Give me Deus Ex', the highest difficulty. Now, my biggest problem is a lack luster ending no matter which one you pick.

Basically, you decide on the end when it comes, and it seems your actions don't affect it to much outside of a bit of dialogue. You can just save before the choice to view them all, so the multiple endings bit kind of shoots itself in the foot as there isn't much reason to replay the game for a different ending, though most people could find the gameplay itself reason enough to play again, it is quite good.

But really, fuck the endings. Everything I'm about to post is spoiling end game, so you'll want to wait to beat it before reading any of this. :p

First off, you don't even know what the fuck will happen. All you get is conjecture as to what might happen. I fucking could have taken a wild fucking guess to without the game giving me their wild fucking guess. You really don't see ANY of your actions effects. Nothing. Fucking zilch.

In addition, if you go the Route of the Illuminati guy, I forget his name of the top of my head, they actually have the fucking balls to use a quote from Albert Einstien to try to make technology sound bad and evil. They don't even hide it, they straight up tell you it was fucking Albert Einstein.

Sersiously Deus Ex Ending, Fuck you.

CimminyCricket
08-29-2011, 04:19 AM
I saw BoB playing this while I was on PSN, which made me google it. I might get it.

Loony BoB
08-30-2011, 08:39 PM
I totally agree with Neo regarding the ending. It was worse than any of the Final Fantasy games, and that's saying something as some FF games have terrible endings.

Personally, I enjoyed everything else about the game. There was a bit of tedium at points where I felt that I was doing the same things over and over, but that was mostly due to my insistence on using stealth takedowns on almost every occasion since you get most experience that way. Perhaps they should have allowed for people to decide what kind of attitude they intend on playing the game and based experience on that. Instead of having easy/medium/hard, they could have made it fight/stealth attack/sneak past? Either way, I plan on having another go at some parts of my game using weapons instead. So many weapons I never used... it's not fair :p Stupid hunger for maximum experience... oh, and also, it would have been epic to have put in a day/night schedule in this game, but it was fine as it was.

But yes, overall, the game was great. Especially the story. The story telling, even the emails (especially the emails) was fantastic and I loved how things developed. Shame about that ending. I give the game 8/10. One lost point for feeling pressured to always do stealth takedowns for every enemy in the game, one lost point for the ending.

NeoCracker
08-30-2011, 10:31 PM
I'd actually knock it down to a seven for being way to easy. :p

Loony BoB
08-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I didn't find it as easy as you, but that may be down to either lack of skill in these kind of games or just a different method of playing. I kind of hoarded the energy bars / packs unless I couldn't progress without them, and that meant rarely cloaking as I wanted to sneak up behind every individual, knock them unconcious and drag them aside and never be seen.

I'm really keen on replaying without caring about not being seen etc. though. I think it'll probably be a lot more fun. =]

NeoCracker
08-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I had a basic stratagy for clearing most areas.

Pick off singe stragglers with non-lethal take downs. Groups of two when I got the double take down Augment.

When I could no longer do that undetected, stay a bit back and start capping heads with a 10mm pistol, the most useful gun in the game.

I did this on the hardest difficulty, and didn't even make use of my Typhoon until the second boss fight. I rarely play shooters, only one I play a lot is boarderlands. :p

Perhaps I just got lucky and stumbled across the easy strategy. :p

Loony BoB
08-30-2011, 11:21 PM
Ah, yeah, I didn't really use the 10mm (although alongside the Tranquilizer Gun, it was my most used gun), I just kept doing takedowns like crazy, even if it involved significant patience. Some bits were... awkward to say the least. I did use the 10mm for luring enemies, though. :p

I didn't have Typhoon until the second boss either, and used it for bosses and saving Malik.

Jiro
08-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Shooting people in the head usually does that though :p

Loony BoB
08-30-2011, 11:36 PM
You get more experience for keeping them alive. :p

NeoCracker
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
The 10mm is really easy to get head shots with, I actually used it almost exclusively that on the part you said you used Typhoon on. :p

Technically revolver is just as useful until you realize there is far less revolver ammo to be found, where as there's a near unlimited supply of 10mm ammo out there.

The other problem with difficulty is AI effectiveness is awkward. I like how their patterns aren't always the same, so it can be hard to predict their actions. However at times an enemy can see you kill someone, and you can jump behind a pillar, and they will lose track of you completely.

Loony BoB
08-31-2011, 02:04 PM
The 10mm is really easy to get head shots with, I actually used it almost exclusively that on the part you said you used Typhoon on. :p
It is, but if you want to save her then you don't have time to target people. Unless you're just immense when it comes to targeting. If you don't do things exactly right on that level, and extremely fast, there's no way you can do it. 10mm wouldn't really cut it for most of the enemies, not to mention the three guys too high up for a 10mm and the robot... or did you not bother saving her?

Technically revolver is just as useful until you realize there is far less revolver ammo to be found, where as there's a near unlimited supply of 10mm ammo out there.
Guns I never used: Machine pistol, revolver, shotgun (I did use the double-barrel, mind you), laser rifle.

The other problem with difficulty is AI effectiveness is awkward. I like how their patterns aren't always the same, so it can be hard to predict their actions. However at times an enemy can see you kill someone, and you can jump behind a pillar, and they will lose track of you completely.
Depends on how fast you were. It's reasonable that some people will see something happen but not be focused on that exact area and thus not know where you went (let's face it, there is a massive amount of cover in this game). That said, it would have been nice to have a few levels that had next to no cover, so you had to rely on different tactics for stealth (eg. loading the bars and using 7second per bar cloaking to move around in constant stealth taking guys down).

Also, in retrospect, I had like... 6 energy packs and 15 energy bars available and roughly 20 typhoon ammo. The problem I had with the game is I never really knew how much more time the game so I never knew if I should be saving them or not. I will definitely be using my energy bars etc. far more frequently if I play it through again. I expect the game will be massively more fun that way. I want to do a 35 second sneak, I want to typhoon a group of around five enemies, I want to make better use of the sniper, I want to not care about being seen and just fight it out sometimes. :D

NeoCracker
08-31-2011, 02:33 PM
It is, but if you want to save her then you don't have time to target people. Unless you're just immense when it comes to targeting. If you don't do things exactly right on that level, and extremely fast, there's no way you can do it. 10mm wouldn't really cut it for most of the enemies, not to mention the three guys too high up for a 10mm and the robot... or did you not bother saving her?

I did save her, it's just a lot of the shots can be fired at the exploding barrels rather then people. It was more about Getting them to target me rather then Mallik so speed didn't become much of an issue. Once trained on you, you have time to move up to take out the long range guys without worry. And I'll be honest I don't remember a robot. More likely then not that was just one of my EMP grenades. I never remember having issues with robots anywhere.

Guns I never used: Machine pistol, revolver, shotgun (I did use the double-barrel, mind you), laser rifle.

Machine Pistol is worthless. I did use the Shotgun in the last level, but I just finally ran out of bullets in my 10mm from the area previous. I used 10mm for virtually every enemy, as well as takedowns, Heavy Rifle for torrents and bots near games end, and on occasional shotgun rampage. And a couple gas, frag, and EMP grenades.

Depends on how fast you were. It's reasonable that some people will see something happen but not be focused on that exact area and thus not know where you went (let's face it, there is a massive amount of cover in this game). That said, it would have been nice to have a few levels that had next to no cover, so you had to rely on different tactics for stealth (eg. loading the bars and using 7second per bar cloaking to move around in constant stealth taking guys down).

Also, in retrospect, I had like... 6 energy packs and 15 energy bars available and roughly 20 typhoon ammo. The problem I had with the game is I never really knew how much more time the game so I never knew if I should be saving them or not. I will definitely be using my energy bars etc. far more frequently if I play it through again. I expect the game will be massively more fun that way. I want to do a 35 second sneak, I want to typhoon a group of around five enemies, I want to make better use of the sniper, I want to not care about being seen and just fight it out sometimes. :D

I only discovered sloppy detection when I started lying in wait for take-downs on enemies to come around the corner mid fight. :p

Flying Arrow
09-01-2011, 08:01 AM
Finished the game tonight. Really wasn't big on the final stage, plot event, or the ending but everything before that was gold (except for the few times when it was only silver).

Did a mostly athletics-based stealth run with some moderate hacking. High jumps, wall smashing, silent running, object moving, Icarus landing, etc. Filled a lot of dudes with tranquilizer throughout and did a fair share of takedowns. I lost my no-kill in the first mission (not the intro) pretty quickly before I got accustomed to the awareness of the guards. After that I usually only killed when there were multiple hostiles on me or when I thought the guy deserved it. Once near the end I killed in cold blood and don't regret it.

I really, really liked the cities. Hengsha in particular, hot damn. My only criticism for this aspect of the game is that its last quarter/third or so really felt like it needed a third hub area to make the whole thing feel complete. I read that Montreal was apparently set to be the third city but was cut for time. I ended up doing plenty of side-quests but my PSN trophy list tells me that I've missed at least four - one I know I actively avoided, one which I was assigned but didn't bother starting because the main mission at the time got too interesting to pass up, and two I didn't even encounter. In a week I'll probably start a new game and get really thorough and try a new play style.

Overall, this is a very good game. Rare also, in that very few modern, big-name games demonstrate so much depth and attention to detail. That said, it doesn't seem to have quite as much scope as DX1 (although it is way better mechanically). This isn't necessarily a huge blow against HR but there are times when the first game is clearly being invoked by the designers and it's at these times it becomes clear that they just haven't pulled off some things as effectively.

EDIT: Loved the emails too. Especially the references to current day baseball players and Star Trek 3.

Old Manus
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
I bought the game the other day and have only just finished the first mission (some of us work full time :mad2:). It's pretty immersive and throws up some original ideas I spent ages mooching around in the offices at the start of the game, assuming there would be no consequences, then when I arrived at the factory I was told the hostages were already all dead. Later on when I stumbled across a room full of their dead bodies, I felt like a dick. :(

Anybody notice that you can walk all the way back to your entry point at the end of the mission and see SWAT dudes taking photos of the crime scene as you go?

JKTrix
09-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Anybody notice that you can walk all the way back to your entry point at the end of the mission and see SWAT dudes taking photos of the crime scene as you go?
That's pretty cool. That kind of thing is probably what I like most about the game, all the little touches in the world.

DMKA
09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
So does this game require playing of the others to make sense, or does it stand nicely on it's own?

It's been forever since I played the original Deus Ex and I can't really remember what it was about honestly. :p

Loony BoB
09-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I've never played the original Deus Ex and I found DE:HR very enjoyable. I don't think the two games are linked in any strong way outside of the world they're set in. The original is actually in 2052 or something, while I think this newer game is set in 2027. So I don't think there is even a common character involved.

Old Manus
09-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Playing the original does provide a bit of exta understanding though. One of the major subthemes in the original was that augmentations used in HR (ie. Robot arms and the like) were already on their way out, and were being replaced by less visible nano-augmentations (like those that you have). You meet a lot of these old 'mechs' during the game, all of which have differing opinions on people viewing them as obsolete heaps of junk.

You mechs may have copper wiring to reroute your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Shit, I'm reinstalling

Flying Arrow
09-02-2011, 11:36 AM
So does this game require playing of the others to make sense, or does it stand nicely on it's own?

It's been forever since I played the original Deus Ex and I can't really remember what it was about honestly. :p

The game stands totally on its own. Definitely play it regardless of how familiar you are with the first game. There are some really neat references sprinkled throughout but about 98% of them have no bearing on your understanding of the game world.

Old Manus
09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Also, I noticed one of those eBook things sitting around in an office somewhere that was a recount of some kind of scientific summit that had just occurred, where they talked about the use of electronic pacemakers that could be reprogrammed remotely in vivo to, among other things, stop the heart. Deus Ex's 'killswitch', anyone?

Pete for President
12-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Just finished it and it blew me away completely. Haven't seen all the endings yet, but I went with mankind is incapable of using technology responsibly and picked the Darrow one. And I must say, I liked it. Even though I know some people tend to dislike it, I think it fitted the game perfectly; you're just a pawn, and nothing you do will change the world.

Anyway, in short: it's the deepest, most detailed and challenging game I have played in a long long time and I will plunge back in straight away.

Edit: I hate Megan now. Do you?

Flying Arrow
12-16-2011, 10:28 PM

Me too. She's great because she's characterized perfectly as an opportunist. The biotech field was expanding so rapidly, and she wasn't going to just stop continuing her work. The attack was awful and she knows it but she dealt with it a lot more "shrewdly" than the other scientists you saved. Really great twist to her character arc. I thought that little beat when Adam walks in the room and Megan with her back turned is casually like, "Jaron, is that you?" was a really great moment in showing how she kind of embraced and became comfortable in the whole situation. Then there is of course the "secret ending" bit too, which was also cool.

I also really like the way Sarif is handled: Just a businessman, willing to do what he needs to do to advance his business. Whether this is for power or philanthropy is probably up for debate, but he is by no means the moustache twirling behind-the-scenes villain a lesser game would have had him be. Minus Hugh Darrow and the four boss villains, I really think the character writing in this game is exceptionally well done.

Pete for President
12-26-2011, 08:18 AM

Me too. She's great because she's characterized perfectly as an opportunist. The biotech field was expanding so rapidly, and she wasn't going to just stop continuing her work. The attack was awful and she knows it but she dealt with it a lot more "shrewdly" than the other scientists you saved. Really great twist to her character arc. I thought that little beat when Adam walks in the room and Megan with her back turned is casually like, "Jaron, is that you?" was a really great moment in showing how she kind of embraced and became comfortable in the whole situation. Then there is of course the "secret ending" bit too, which was also cool.

I also really like the way Sarif is handled: Just a businessman, willing to do what he needs to do to advance his business. Whether this is for power or philanthropy is probably up for debate, but he is by no means the moustache twirling behind-the-scenes villain a lesser game would have had him be. Minus Hugh Darrow and the four boss villains, I really think the character writing in this game is exceptionally well done.

Megan is indeed an opportunist, continuing her work no matter for what cause, as long as it's pushing boundaries. That makes her quite the mad scientist too. It kind of threw me around; at first I was psyched to find out Megan lives, but once I found out she knows no right or wrong, I lost all my respect for her.

About Sarif and Hugh; Sarif is indeed exceptionally well written. I could never really pinpoint what he would expect of my actions. He always has a silver tongue. Also, props for the voice acting. I liked how Hugh Darrow was trying to be the man behind the scenes, although he could not reach Illuminati level. He was trying to exceed them, but I think he overestimated his influence. I like how you finally meet him in the end. Heh, I actually shot him first time around after I won the conversation for making the world go mad. All the more surprise when I found out I actually agreed to his 'final message'.

Last but not least; I've said it before, but I love how this games portraits the futile-ness of most of the events in the game. Taggart, Darrow, Sarif; none of them (and none of their messages) count for enough power to change the world. It's the Illuminati who are pulling the strings far beyond anyone's reach. And call me mad, but I think there is some truth in this in how our own world works (I didn't get the idea from just Deus Ex though, I've seen some rather intriguing documentaries and such). No offense to anyone, but a NPC says at some point: "Was this attack done by the same guys who faked 9/11?". That's when I knew this game would match my vision like I never imagined it would.

This game is getting tons of 'top 3 games of the year' love here in the Netherlands, although I don't know any other person who has bought it. That's a shame, because it is a true diamond of a game.

I Don't Need A Name
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
I just got it and I'm loving it. Really immersive and the freedom of choice is brilliant. Have to say, I bought the other 2 Deus Ex's and...well...I gave up on the first one out of bordem and the 2nd one just black screened :[ So this is a welcome improvement!

Crop
02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I got this game for christmas, but why I left it this long until I played it I'll never know: the game is incredible, I'm not too far in just yet but wow.

Also loving some of the little throwbacks to the original game: Some of the original themes playing on the radio, someone whistling the main theme, mentions of the Luminous Path and Red Arrow, and I also picked up a eBook with mention of the UN considering a worldwide police (UNATCO no doubt) for the future.
Little things like that give this already amazing game its edge.

McLovin'
02-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Great game. Didn't like that the choices you're given at the end don't really change anything at all. Life just goes on until the next Deus Ex. Would have been cool if they somehow connected Jensen with JC in the original Deus Ex somehow. If I ever do another playthrough I'm just gonna kill everyone straight up. Stealthing around proved to be just a personal thing and not critical to the game at all.