PDA

View Full Version : 6 Year Hiatus

PureMourning
03-14-2010, 07:27 AM
So there I was, checking my e-mail when I noticed that I had an unread message from Eyes on Final Fantasy Fo., wishing me a happy birthday. Despite the automated nature of the message, it didn't fail to tickle my fancy and now here I am! My one and only post to date was back in 2004 and hopefully that will change; seems like there are some groovy people around here.

A little about myself: I just turned 22 last Friday and I've been living in Hawai'i the past 3 years. My fondness of the FF franchise originated well over 10 years ago while experiencing the series on the SNES.

That's about it for now~ *goes to sneak a peak at the FF:XIII board*

Pheesh
03-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Aha, that's how they got me back as well, the sneaky smurfers.

Hope you stick around this time, and welcome back.

Shlup
03-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Happy belated birthday! What island are you living on? I spent a couple of weeks on Maui once; it was amazing.

Rantz
03-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Those birthday greetings aren't automated, staff writes them all individually! Each day we discuss how to word those birthday greetings to touch the heart of the member in question.

... Maybe. Good to see you back, in any case! Stick around. :}

Jiro
03-14-2010, 09:24 AM
If I was on staff, I would write them all individually. That's how committed I am :colbert:

Welcome back! Glad to see you came back after that one lonesome post. Here's to many more posts now! :cheers:

PureMourning
03-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Happy belated birthday! What island are you living on? I spent a couple of weeks on Maui once; it was amazing.

Thanks! Yeah, Maui is super nice; I was there last Summer. I live on Oahu. :)

Psychotic
03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome back! I posted in the same thread that contains that one post of yours. How time flies. :greenie:

Shiny
03-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Is your username a reference to that Placebo song?

Shlup
03-15-2010, 08:28 AM

I only spent two nights on Oahu so I didn't see much. We just stayed in a hotel in Honolulu and saw Pearl Harbor. Great activity: hooker watching from the balcony. Are all parts of Oahu city-ish like Honolulu or are there parts like Maui? My mom wants to go to Oahu this summer but I'm like "Eeehhhh... Why that one?"

PureMourning
03-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Is your username a reference to that Placebo song?

Nope, afraid not! I have not heard of that band.

I only spent two nights on Oahu so I didn't see much. We just stayed in a hotel in Honolulu and saw Pearl Harbor. Great activity: hooker watching from the balcony. Are all parts of Oahu city-ish like Honolulu or are there parts like Maui? My mom wants to go to Oahu this summer but I'm like "Eeehhhh... Why that one?"

There are definitely parts more similar to that of Maui. However, Maui still takes the cake in my opinion for the more naturalistic side of the house. For Oahu: North Shore, Diamond Head, Koko Crater, Sandy Beach, too name of few, are some of the nice places to swim, snorkel, hike, and site see in general.

Quindiana Jones
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM
PureMourning14? Cool stuff.

I'm very jealous that you live in Hawaii so I kinda hate you a little. :(

Shlup
03-15-2010, 10:58 AM
OMG how could you not? I would kill to live in Hawaii.

KILL I SAY. :|

Lightening
03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Hawaii :|

You are living my dream

PureMourning
03-16-2010, 04:13 AM
No animosity meanie heads! :(

Why not come visit for Spring Break or something!? :love:

Loony BoB
03-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Welcome back. =] Aaaaalways good to get a few more members posting again. :D And regularly, too, in their "I'm back" thread is always good news. You're a good one, you are.

Mo-Nercy
03-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome back. =] Aaaaalways good to get a few more members posting again. :D And regularly, too, in their "I'm back" thread is always good news. You're a good one, you are.
You saying I didn't post enough in my "I'm back" thread, BoB? :D

Welcome back, PM.

Quindiana Jones
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I wonder if there's a correlation between leaving EoFF and good things happening to you?

PureMourning
03-17-2010, 05:20 AM
I wonder if there's a correlation between leaving EoFF and good things happening to you?

Is this some kind of sick joke?!

Baloki
03-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Welcome

oddler
03-21-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't see PureMourning added to the Hawaii section of the map. Gogogogo!

Welcome back. :)

Momiji
03-21-2010, 11:29 PM
We've already had a short PM conversation, but welcome back, regardless!

Xaven
03-22-2010, 02:45 AM
My, my! 2004 was a while ago! A very long while ago, indeed!

Go Kerry! xP Oh well. Stick around!

PaulinasKnight
04-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Welcome back. Actually my situation is pretty much the same. I do believe the last time I posted here was in 2004. Thanks to Final Fantasy XIII, however, I decided I'd come back.

theundeadhero
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Hi. I also posted in that 2004 thread.

Peegee
04-13-2010, 07:38 PM
*sexors regular*

I'm confused....hold me