PDA

View Full Version : The Final Fantasy XIII main villain - spoilers ahoy!

Sephiroth
03-14-2010, 05:56 PM
So here is the official Final Fantasy XIII main villain thread.

I'd really like to know what you think about Fal'Cie=Barthandelus, also known as Galenth Dysley in his human form. Although he looks like a Final Fantasy version of Emperor Darth Sidious I think his character is pretty cool - and that's not normal for me because I prefer supercool anime villains like Sephiroth, Kuja, Magus, Vegeta, Creed Diskenth, Sesshomaru, et cetera. But of course I think there are some Final Fantasy XIII characters who would have been better for the main villain role. Especially Cid Raines. He would have been a new cool anime-villain with a cool outfit and he even transforms into a eight-winged L'Cie.

But I like it how the main villain is shown. And it is not normal for Final Fantasy [ou finally beat the main villain (I do not count Zemus because it is not the characters who kill him but Golbez and FuSoYa) and he still beats your characters, just a few like Sephiroth or Kuja show this - which is another aspect why I like them - and now it shows how powerful Barthandelus or the Barthandelus-Orphan fusion is.

Well - just tell me what you think about the main villain or about your hope of a better/cooler main villain so maybe you are disappointed now and of course you can discuss about the story of the main villain and if you like it or not.

Loony BoB
03-20-2010, 03:15 AM
He wasn't anything amazing for me. I mean, there wasn't much wrong, but there was nothing amazingly unique about him. He reminded me of an angry pope. xD But yeah, while I'm satisfied (although not amazed) with his role as the chief enemy, and am happy that it wasn't some "hidden unknown until the last moment" guy like in other FF's, I do think that other "head" enemies could have been developed a lot better. Rosch was cool, I liked his role in things but would have preferred maybe one more earlier battle with him. What struck me is the complete lack of any battle against Jihl. She was swatted out of the story extremely quickly, and it would have been great to actually see Sazh get stuck into a battle with her at some point, or something like that.

ANGRYWOLF
03-20-2010, 03:59 AM
not blaming anyone but myself for looking...

:p

That's a big disappointment as I feel Jihl should have had that role.

oh well.

:mad2: