PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Fighter

eestlinc
03-15-2010, 01:28 AM
SE should make a fighting game featuring top playable characters. Hell, they could do one just with the characters from FFVI. Imagine, Terra vs. Cloud. Steiner vs. Kain. Rikku vs. Gau. Awesomeness.

Depression Moon
03-15-2010, 02:01 AM
They do have a fighting game with the top characters. It's called Dissidia. There's a forum for it near the bottom of the forum index.

eestlinc
03-15-2010, 02:09 AM
but I mean like Tekken. I guess Dissidia is sort of like that, but I mean just a total fighter.

Rad Bromance
03-15-2010, 04:33 AM
This thread make me immediately think of that awful Ehrgeiz game.

But it could probably be awesome now since the Enix merge.

VeloZer0
03-15-2010, 04:35 AM
They should make ROM hacks for the original Super Smash Bros so anyone can add any character they want. Heck, it probably already exist somewhere.

And I don't think the Final Fantasy cast lends themselves to a conventional fighter setting very well. Dissidia seemed like a far more 'realistic' interpretation to me.

Slothy
03-15-2010, 12:21 PM

Somehow I wouldn't think Enix being part of the equation would make a fighting game from Square any better. :D

They should make ROM hacks for the original Super Smash Bros so anyone can add any character they want. Heck, it probably already exist somewhere.

Or someone could hack a good fighting game. :p

I always kind of thought that a Soul Calibur style fighting game might work well for characters like these. Either that or BlazBlue.

Rad Bromance
03-15-2010, 09:05 PM

Somehow I wouldn't think Enix being part of the equation would make a fighting game from Square any better. :D
Actually I was referring to the time period between then and now, not the fact that Enix is any more capable of developing a worthwhile fighting game than Square.

Merk
03-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I'd play that game.

black orb
03-16-2010, 02:23 AM
>>> Dissidia is the only way to go.
The FF characters always have some ridiculous moves like casting Meteors, Limit breaks, Summoning giant monsters, etc. I cant imagine a Tekken-like fighter with moves like that..:luca:

Kyros
03-16-2010, 06:43 AM

EIHRGEIZ GOD BLESS THE RING!!! I probably played that game too much more than I should have. The rpg part of it was entertaining :P

SuperMillionaire
03-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Try doing Square Enix vs. Capcom, if not at least FF characters as guests in the next Soul Calibur...

black orb
03-17-2010, 10:58 PM
if not at least FF characters as guests in the next Soul Calibur...
>>> I dont know, I have the feeling that Squarenix hates Namco..:luca:

Depression Moon
03-18-2010, 08:38 PM
I don't think FF characters would work in a Tekken or Soul Calibur fighter. How exactly would magic based-fighters work like Vivi, Terra, and Rosa work?

SuperMillionaire
03-19-2010, 05:45 PM
>>> I dont know, I have the feeling that Squarenix s Namco..:luca:

Why is that?

doeboyfresh14
03-19-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't think FF characters would work in a Tekken or Soul Calibur fighter. How exactly would magic based-fighters work like Vivi, Terra, and Rosa work?

They wouldn't use all the characters. and plenty of them still used physical attacks as well (terra) Not to mention bosses could be used on the FF side as well.

black orb
03-20-2010, 08:39 PM

Why is that?
>>> Both are big evil companies that make videogames, its obvious they hate each other..:luca:

SuperMillionaire
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM

They wouldn't use all the characters. and plenty of them still used physical attacks as well (terra) Not to mention bosses could be used on the FF side as well.

At least for those who carry weapons...

leader of mortals
03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
Dragonball Z style fighting game with Final Fantasy Characters?

VeloZer0
03-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Budokai Tenkaichi was the only DB game that felt remotely appropriate to the source material. Dissidia is very close in terms of game play.

SuperMillionaire
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Square Enix vs Capcom, anyone?

MJN SEIFER
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM

When I first read the title, I thought this was about that excelent but nigh imposible to find Final Fantasy Flash Series. Also, what was wrong with Ehrgeiz? I only played it once at a friend's, but it seamed alright. I only played two player though.

Try doing if not at least FF characters as guests in the next Soul Calibur...

I would love that. However if this thread is being spied on; please do not use any Final Fantasy VII characters for this. It may be my favorite FF, but using VII characters in fighting games has been done (Erhgeiz) and FFVII is the one everybody would be expecting. I'd sugest either FFVIII or FFX (we already have voices for FFX, but FFVIII would contribute to the Soul Calibur world better, because there are already GunBlades in the game.)

>>> I dont know, I have the feeling that Squarenix hates Namco..:luca:

Did you know that Erhgeiz (yes, that game again) was originally a joint game between Square and Namco? (there was even going to be a possible Tekken refrerence, but I can't say for certain) Something happened (I don't know what) and it ended up being Square and someone who isn't Namco.

Slothy
03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Did you know that Erhgeiz (yes, that game again) was originally a joint game between Square and Namco?

No it wasn't actually. Namco published the arcade version of the game but Square published the PSX port which is why it had FFVII characters in it. They weren't in the original arcade version.

SuperMillionaire
03-23-2010, 01:30 PM

When I first read the title, I thought this was about that excelent but nigh imposible to find Final Fantasy Flash Series. Also, what was wrong with Ehrgeiz? I only played it once at a friend's, but it seamed alright. I only played two player though.

Try doing if not at least FF characters as guests in the next Soul Calibur...

I would love that. However if this thread is being spied on; please do not use any Final Fantasy VII characters for this. It may be my favorite FF, but using VII characters in fighting games has been done (Erhgeiz) and FFVII is the one everybody would be expecting. I'd sugest either FFVIII or FFX (we already have voices for FFX, but FFVIII would contribute to the Soul Calibur world better, because there are already GunBlades in the game.)

Did you know that Erhgeiz (yes, that game again) was originally a joint game between Square and Namco? (there was even going to be a possible Tekken refrerence, but I can't say for certain) Something happened (I don't know what) and it ended up being Square and someone who isn't Namco.

Why wouldn't you want the VII characters in there? I mean, if all the FF guests were from VII, that's one thing, but I think they should mix it up with X, IX, VI, IV, and others.

MJN SEIFER
03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
No it wasn't actually. Namco published the arcade version of the game but Square published the PSX port which is why it had FFVII characters in it. They weren't in the original arcade version.

Oh I see. I'll have to double check what that magazine said if I still have it, I may have missread it.

Why wouldn't you want the VII characters in there? I mean, if all the FF guests were from VII, that's one thing, but I think they should mix it up with X, IX, VI, IV, and others.

I meant if they used them in a Soul Calibur game - having FFVII guests in a game has been done, but you're idea of having a mixture would make it better (I already know how they'd handle Sephiroth though...)

SuperMillionaire
03-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Or perhaps even, would Final Fantasy vs Soul Calibur be better?

Jiro
03-24-2010, 06:10 AM
So long as it is similar to the way Soul Calibur operates, I think we'd have a fantastic fighter on our hands. I recall a thread where Locke and Setzer were created in the Soul Calibur 3 creation mode.

SuperMillionaire
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Actually, many Final Fantasy characters have been recreated in Soul Calibur IV. Check it out on YouTube and search for "final fantasy soul calibur."

Mercen-X
03-28-2010, 07:11 AM
I've come up with THOUSANDS of ideas for fighting games and I have no choice but to fain pride in the fact that none of them hold up to scrutiny from peers or those actually capable of actually creating said games.
My ideas include: A fighter specifically for Warriors (characters with large weapons like Siegfried and Cloud and even Rachel from Ninja Gaiden); A fighter specifically for Gunners (like Vincent, Beyond the Grave, Lara Croft, etc.); A fighter specifically for Assassins (such as Ezio from Assassin's Creed and ninjas from various other games); you can probably figure out the rest.

Or someone could hack a good fighting game. :p

I always kind of thought that a Soul Calibur style fighting game might work well for characters like these. Either that or BlazBlue.

Truths.

Zeromus_X
03-29-2010, 10:03 PM
A 2D fighting game in collaboration with Arc System works would be pretty badass. They could use music from Daisuke Ishiwatari and the Black Mages. Well, a guy can dream...

Saber
03-30-2010, 02:55 AM
They should just make a game compatible with ps1 and ps2 memory cards. Then you could upload the data and fight games Vs. Games. Like your final fantasy VII characters Vs. Final Fantasy VIII. Total kick ass and I've always thought of that. You could even invite a friend to play with his characters. Special... I know.

SuperMillionaire
03-30-2010, 01:38 PM
A 2D fighting game in collaboration with Arc System works would be pretty badass. They could use music from Daisuke Ishiwatari and the Black Mages. Well, a guy can dream...

Final Fantasy vs Guilty Gear. That's a cool idea too.

No.78
04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
Its definitely possible to makea complex fighter on the level of Tekken and Soul Calibur that incorporates magic. Think outside the box! But I think Dissidia has eliminated any possibility of that happening, sadly.

I just hope they release it for a console that isn't the PSP, next time.

SuperMillionaire
04-04-2010, 05:45 AM
I think they should start attaching small screens to PS3 controllers, so that we won't have to go split-screen...