PDA

View Full Version : Orphan *spoiler?*

Irvy
03-15-2010, 02:02 AM
This thread is regarding the second form.

Yep, got him poisoned... 3 healers in my current setup, had him down to 100k health left.... And he insta-deaths my leader. :cry:

Anything that can be done to combat this? Like an accessory close by or something? Needless to say I became kinda angry when he did it, its just ridonculous to have a fight depend so much on luck. :redface:

Siegurd
03-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Do you mean Orphan's literal 2nd form, or the second fight in the end boss chain? Barthandalus - Orphan - Orphan 2.

Orphan 2
Orphan's 2nd form should take less than 2 minutes to kill. Just go all out offensive with relentless assault rav/com/rav at the onset, then switch to evened odds med/sab/syn to remove debuff/heal a little/maybe get a haste or two off then quickly get back to staggering as quickly as possible. When Orphan is staggered use army of one to get the meter up to 999.99% quickly then switch over to aggression (com/com/rav) and destroy the life bar. That should take away 50%-75% of the bosses life bar. I don't recall Orphan's second form ever death touching me.

Orphan 1
If you mean Orphan's actual first fight (second in the boss chain), then the only thing you can do is put a cherub-something-or other on your leader that resists death by 30% at level 1 per one. Key to this fight is to master the phase switches and have combat clinic (med/sent/med) ready for quick healing. When Orphan is in healing phase you want to get the stagger bar up as quickly as possible and pummel with as much damage as possible. When Orphan switches to damage phase you want to pummel as quickly as possible to cause a stagger so you can use the staggered time to heal/rebuff/re-debuff. Since an overly-long damage phase will be the end of you.

Either way, three medics seems unnecessary to me.