PDA

View Full Version : The items and rumors I've heard

Ontibile
03-15-2010, 01:49 PM
I've heard a rumor that some items are better for selling and others for leveling your gear. I've stared at the list really hard and haven't been able to figure it out on my own, (but I am a blonde stuck in a brunette's body).

So! Has anyone else heard this? Can you confirm? Can you tell me what to do with all the junk in my inven?

Also, I have a ton-load of accessories I'm not using, should I degrade them?

Lightening
03-15-2010, 04:37 PM
The items that end with the word 'chip' is for selling, Credit chip for example.

I don't think these items have any other purpose in the game, although I won't say for sure as I haven't beaten it yet. You can upgrade weapons with them, but they only give you like 1 exp per unit, so why would you? I always sell them anyway

use everything else for upgrading weapons/accecsories

if you want to dismantle the acc. is up to you i guess. there's a trophy for ps3 where you need to have held every weapon and acc, so if you dismantle an item that can't be bought in a store, you might never get that item again, and then you can't upgrade it to a different item to receive that trophy. dismantle if you want, but always save at least one of every type just in case.

Shoeberto
03-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Yeah, Credit Chip is definitely a good example. For upgrading, it only gives like 1 experience point, but it can be sold for 500 gil. It mentions it specifically in the item description (something like "can be sold for a good price") so I'd imagine other similar items would be the same.

Shlup
03-15-2010, 11:53 PM
The basic rule seems to be that if it sells for a lot then sell it, if it doesn't then use it. That's what I've been doing, at least.

There are these few that can't seem to be used for upgrading though that sell for a lot... but I haven't sold them. Those ones that are words that end in "rite." I was afraid they might be useful down the line or something. I dunno.

eestlinc
03-16-2010, 01:07 AM
does anyone actually buy stuff, other than maybe potions? I haven't gone that far yet, but I haven't seen much use for gil, which is good because it is hard to come by.

Del Murder
03-16-2010, 01:15 AM
The only think I have bought so far is the bangle that gives you HP+150 because Vanille's HP sucks and all my other HP rings were on other characters.

Raistlin
03-16-2010, 01:21 AM
There are these few that can't seem to be used for upgrading though that sell for a lot... but I haven't sold them. Those ones that are words that end in "rite." I was afraid they might be useful down the line or something. I dunno.

Does the description end in "Functions as a transformation catalyst" or something like that? :p

EDIT: eesty, the only stuff I've spent much gil on is some basic components to upgrade weapons (mostly the low-level stuff to get the multiplier higher). I did buy a Magic +50 thing for Hope, though (other one's on Lightning). I figure that's overall more beneficial than slightly more HP.

eestlinc
03-16-2010, 01:33 AM
both times I bought an accessory, I found one in a chest shortly after. So I just stopped ever buying equipment. I might buy some components, though, as those seem useful.

Siegurd
03-16-2010, 01:35 AM
The stones from Motherlode store / end in "rite" / used in transformational catalyst are for upgrading a weapon to it's next stage once it's maxed out in item level (has a star next to it instead of level #).

Shlup
03-16-2010, 01:40 AM
The stones from Motherlode store / end in "rite" / used in transformational catalyst are for upgrading a weapon to it's next stage once it's maxed out in item level (has a star next to it instead of level #).

I thought that might be the case. Thank you.

does anyone actually buy stuff, other than maybe potions? I haven't gone that far yet, but I haven't seen much use for gil, which is good because it is hard to come by.

I sold 75k worth of credit chips and bought 99 Fragrant Oils (they're cheap) and like 60 or something... uhh... I forget. One of the 800-something gil items from the scrap store (can't remember that name either; I'll turn my Xbox on if someone wants clarification).

I used like 30 oils on something to get a x3 bonus, then a dozen or so of those other things. And it was awesome.

Digital Phoenix
03-16-2010, 07:21 AM
I'm not into mico-management crap, so I was really hoping I wouldn't have to check to see what is useful for what. I doubt the game is hard enough for it to even matter enough. The only reason the chapter 5 giant Bulbasaur boss was hard was because I am a noob that didn't use that one thing where Hope casts protect and shell.

Ontibile
03-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Thank you so much everyone who responded! ♥

I got my first Incentive chip last night and noticed that it was worthless for upgrading like the Credit chips so I sold them for Pheonix Downs, since I can't seem to keep Hope alive (pun intended). I think I may be Acc./Building/Using him wrong.

Anyway, thanks so much for the responses! They helped alot. I will hang on to my two "rite" items for later. :choc: