PDA

View Full Version : Winter vacations

Inferno
03-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Here in Canada, winter is long, cold, dark, and sucks. Soooo, tomorrow morning I'm flying to Cuba for a week ! :hyper: I've never been there, but I've heard a lot about it, and it seems Varadero is a very nice place !

a) Did you go on vacation this winter !?
b) Have you already spent time in Varadero and have something to share !?

Jings
03-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I spent two weeks in Varadero. The beaches are just beautiful and the Cuban people were extremely friendly. Your maids will do fun things with your towels!

If you get the chance take a trip to Havana too. I stayed there for a night and went to the Tropicana Club Cabaret, not really something I'd ever be interested in in normal circumstances, but man what a night!

Oh and most of the cars aren't from the 1950's, but there's still quite a few of them on the roads. I don't know what I was expecting before I went but I was a little disappointed by this.

Inferno
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
A couple of people told me to visit Havana... but is it true that it takes a 2 hours bus ride to get there from Varadero ?

Jings
03-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Yeah it took about that. It was worth it though, for me anyway. If you just want to kick back and relax then Varadero has everything you need.

Breine
03-15-2010, 11:35 PM
Nope, didn't go anywhere this winter. My parents and sister went to Spain, but I opted to stay at home, though. I friggin' love having the entire house to myself for a week or so... Soooo good!

PureMourning
03-16-2010, 08:40 AM
a.) I went to the northern most island of Japan, Hokkaido, to see their annual Ice Festival this year! This was early last month. :)

b.) Nope! Hope you have a blast!