PDA

View Full Version : GLITCHES!!!!

Coolhowi
03-16-2010, 08:52 AM
So I was wondering if there were any glitches in this game? Any glitch big or small. Anything from wall glitching to infinite gil or WATEVAR. any discrepancy you can find in the game. I haven't found any so lol :)

Yar
03-16-2010, 08:55 AM
This game is really polished, and if there where any glitches I'd hope they'd have been caught in the Japanese release and fixed. :p I wonder if anyone has found one yet

Coolhowi
03-16-2010, 08:59 AM
yea man probably good point

PureMourning
03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
I hope it stays this way!

No glitches; rejoice! :choc:

Loony BoB
03-16-2010, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't say it's a glitch, but in chapter 11, there are two monsters that fight each other. Let them fight long enough and they'll get 'stuck', meaning you can't dodge your way around them as they block off a path. This is honestly the closest I've come to a glitch. Which is really a big thumbs up to Square on a job well done.

Psychotic
03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
After using a save point, sometimes my character just stands there and is totally unresponsive to any controls for about five seconds. This happens perhaps once every 15-20 times I use a save point.

And that's all I have! As Yar said, it is incredibly polished.

Aruu
03-16-2010, 02:14 PM
I very briefly got Hope 'stuck' against an invisible wall, but it wasnt anything I couldn't wriggle him out of.

Raistlin
03-16-2010, 02:21 PM
After using a save point, sometimes my character just stands there and is totally unresponsive to any controls for about five seconds. This happens perhaps once every 15-20 times I use a save point.

Yeah, that's mildly annoying, but the only thing I've noticed.

Raven Nox
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Apparently in the Japanese version if you installed one of the extra themes you get from earning certain trophies and then started playing the game right after, the next trophy you're supposed to earn might not register. You had to install the theme than reset the game first to avoid it. Not sure if it's in the English release though, and it's apparently not very common, but it happened to some people.

I've also gotten stuck on save points sometimes, it's kind of annoying, but nothing too bad.

Oh, and I once jumped across a platform, then decided I didn't want to go there and jumped back. Apparently this confused Fang, because she started to jump back and forth for awhile for no reason. xD I was so busy just watching her for a few seconds that an enemy snuck up on me. xD

Coolhowi
03-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Also tell me which system you guys play on just so that I can compare. Also lol the first time I put FF13 into my PS3 it froze. Like I watched the opening scene and then I hit new game and then the load disc icon didn't fully appear and it just froze lolololololololololololol good first experience :))))))))) but that was probably just a system fail lol. Oh yea i've also been noticing the save and then not move for a while thing thats k i guess

Loony BoB
03-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I've never had a problem post-save. I'm using a PS3. Never had a problem with freezing, either. Then again, my PS3 is brand new. If you have an older one, maybe it's playing up or something.

Madame Adequate
03-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Only thing I've found is that with Sazh as party leader in Chapter 11, sometimes when he shoots at an enemy he is actually facing a different one and the bullets fly off sideways towards his real target. :p

Shlup
03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
The battle just put me inside of a disintegrating target. xD It was kind of cool though.

RagnorokKing
03-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh, and I once jumped across a platform, then decided I didn't want to go there and jumped back. Apparently this confused Fang, because she started to jump back and forth for awhile for no reason. xD I was so busy just watching her for a few seconds that an enemy snuck up on me. xD

This happens all teh time for me with Vanille if she has to jump more than once. She'll just jump[ back and forth forever until I enter a new screen.

The save point thing happens too often too, especially considering that I heard about these glitches when FFXIII was released in JApan.
Figured they would have fixed them but I guess not.

arcanedude34
03-17-2010, 04:37 PM
If you're running down a set of stairs (like the ones in Taejin's Tower in chapter 11) and your party members are still going down the set next to the ones you're on (kinda hard to explain) their shadow placement messes up and puts it in front of you.

Ontibile
03-17-2010, 06:12 PM

I've experienced this too.

No jumping loops yet, but I will stand there and lol at it if I see it. It sounds funny!

Rad Bromance
03-17-2010, 07:21 PM
When I die on a regular battle I consider it a glitch.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-17-2010, 09:55 PM
Sometimes when I use blitz as Light, some enemies in range won't get hit. Happens real rarely, but it's enemies that I know for a fact are in range.

Shlup
03-17-2010, 10:07 PM
So I'm battling a Behemoth King who is also in a fight with one of those giant lion-like things, and I'm wailing on the Behemoth King while he's distracted 'cause I fucking hate those guys.

Battle camera's swinging me around, I go to hit the dude, it swings me around behind the lion-thing... and takes me right up his butt to zoom in on the BK. Lion-thing, congrats, you do not have prostate cancer. Lawl

demondude
03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Not really a glitch at all, but in some areas with lots of jumping the AI get really confused and jumps back and forth if you don't move.

Coolhowi
03-17-2010, 10:39 PM
When I die on a regular battle I consider it a glitch.

Lol prolly the biggest glitch square enix missed ^_^

arcanedude34
03-18-2010, 05:10 PM
I think the biggest "glitch" I found is the fact that when you go to save, it defaults to "New File" instead of overwriting your previous ones. I had about six save files before I realized it. -.-

Coolhowi
03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Yea I think that's like a system default setting or game setting but I noticed that when I saved to it's not that big. READ THIS: also post any known cheats just as a sub cag. Like code hacks or AR, or rescripting or ANYTHING!

Rad Bromance
03-18-2010, 07:50 PM
I think the biggest "glitch" I found is the fact that when you go to save, it defaults to "New File" instead of overwriting your previous ones. I had about six save files before I realized it. -.-
Are you playing the 360 version? Mine is on PS3 and doesn't do this.

arcanedude34
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Are you playing the 360 version? Mine is on PS3 and doesn't do this.
Nope, PS3

Ontibile
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Mine is on the PS3 as well it and also default to a "New Save File". It's annoying, but it would be more annoying if it defaulted me to save over a file I didn't want to.

VeloZer0
03-19-2010, 12:50 AM
I've noticed that my controller seems to time out for ~10 seconds every half dozen hours. I would normally assume this is a PS3 issue, but it only happens in FFXIII. It hasn't affected anything important other than passing annoyance, but I'm just waiting to flip out when it happens during something important.

Raven1073
03-20-2010, 02:22 AM
I noticed the flying enemies in Taejin's Tower (Zalconia or something like that) sometimes have a hard time attacking you, they keep swooping and missing, and have ended up inside the floor a couple of times.