PDA

View Full Version : Started Over

Madonna
03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
When I first started XIII, Kalilung watched and observed me go through the first two chapters! Figuring after three hours she would like to play, I saved and handed over the controller!

Now this is what she did to play: she loaded my file and saved it in another slot! She did not switch users, and later assumed she could just copy it over to her name once she got around to creating a profile for the Playstation 3! Big, big mistake; apparently using one user's data on another's prevents all sorts of things from happening, like saving, progressing, or earning trophies! It is a good idea although it did not help us any; so she kept playing her file on my profile while we prayed neither of us would do the stupid thing and save over the other's file!

Surprise to us both when I did it, after making it to Chapter Seven and saving my progress right after sneaking through the drainage pipes and into the Food Culture Plant! I picked up playing right after Kali, so her save was the most recent, so it was on top! I, in the interest of hurrying for a minor save, slid down and picked the first one, realizing as it was saving it was not mine!

She was not pissed, but now in no hurry to play XIII if she has to play all the way up to Chapter Eight to get where she was! In a show of solidarity and remorse, I deleted mine for good measure and now we are both starting over; I could kill myself over this!

When was the last time the Accidentally Saved Over Your File drama hit your life, especially in regards to Final Fantasy?!

Rye
03-16-2010, 03:11 PM
The last time it's happened was when I was 7 and my brother was 5, and my brother saved over my nearly completed Super Mario 64 save file because he was mad at me!

Raven Nox
03-16-2010, 03:15 PM
I actually saved over my mother's FF9 file once, but we were both right at the beginning at the time, so she just continued on from mine. She wasn't very happy at me though. xD

Loony BoB
03-16-2010, 03:51 PM
I can't remember the last time that happened, but I think it's batty that you saved over your old file. :p I also find it weird that you'd delete your own one and start over - if she was happy using one of your saves before, why not be happy doing the same thing again?

Madonna
03-16-2010, 04:17 PM
Some people like cutting risks, my boy!

It also gave me a chance to do better when upgrading, but do not tell her that!

Jessweeee♪
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
Oh man I tell this story like every week here. My eighth grade spring break was spent entirely on FFVIII. I made it to the end of disc two and got stuck on Edea. I got bored of fighting her over and over, but I really wanted to play FFVIII, so I started a new game to mess with until I felt like trying again. I went to the directory and was like, OH A SAVE POINT I SAVE AT THESE and just overwrote my file. Towards the end of the break, I had made it to the fight against Fujin and Raijin at the end of disc three and got stuck again. My little brother wanted to play and I used that opportunity to take a break from it. He had to leave the room to do some chore or go to a friend's house or something and asked me to save for him. I loaded up the memory card and overwrote the previous file. Neither of us swapped out my memory card for his, so it was my file. I nearly cried ;_;

Shlup
03-16-2010, 08:26 PM
I said it in another thread somewhere, but TheAbominatrix saved over my FFVII game. I think I was barely on disc three. It was her PSX and game though.

vinnie's mini's
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I don't think I've ever saved over one of my files on a final fantasy game but I certainly did on one of my Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker files. It was my first run through and I had stayed up late fighting and completing the last boss, it then gave me the option to save a new game+ and being really tired, I saved over my main file (which I was going to go back into and complete all of the side quests that I'd missed). I really wasn't happy and I was in a mood for a good couple of days. :bigsmile:

I'm sure I've done this on other game files too, but that was the one thats always stuck with me. :P

PureMourning
03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
A very long time ago I walked into my bedroom to find that my memory card was shredded to pieces across the floor. I lost ALL the saved data for my FF VII, VII, IX, Anthology, Lunar: Silver Story Complete, Tactics, Vagrant Story, among others.

Turns my dog thought it was a chew toy.

I then cut her eyes out with a plastic spoon and donated her spleen as a tribute to the blood gods!

Mirage
03-17-2010, 01:26 AM
That's why you use more than one save file for each game.

FFIX Choco Boy
03-17-2010, 01:40 AM
I accidentally saved over my FF1 save file where I had 4 lvl 99 Masters saved after completing all the extra dungeons(PSP anniversary version) and I was right in front of Chaos. I had beat him before that and a New Game+ file saved, but I still liked to play that game every once in a while. Also done it with a 500+ hour FFX, which totally made me snap and I was in a really bad mood for the next month and a half, until I got back to where I was before.

Digital Phoenix
03-17-2010, 02:34 AM
I ALWAYS make multiple saves for every game if I can. Ever since I lost my beloved Banjo Tooie file from my little brother's own ignorance, I've been more cautious.

If my Final Fantasy XIII file was deleted, I'm not sure exactly what I would do.

PureMourning
03-17-2010, 05:26 AM
I accidentally saved over my FF1 save file where I had 4 lvl 99 Masters saved after completing all the extra dungeons(PSP anniversary version) and I was right in front of Chaos. I had beat him before that and a New Game+ file saved, but I still liked to play that game every once in a while. Also done it with a 500+ hour FFX, which totally made me snap and I was in a really bad mood for the next month and a half, until I got back to where I was before.

You're an epic warrior and deserve and award to illustrate your perseverance.

Here's a kitty:

:catsmile:

FFIX Choco Boy
03-17-2010, 08:54 PM
I've actually beat FF1 with every 4X combo, and the hardest I've done the game with was 2X WM. Could never manage a solo, though, paralyze and stone always eat me up.

Ontibile
03-18-2010, 01:31 AM
I do this regularly to myself.

I make one save for what I've played by myself and one save for where I've gotten with Onee-chan. Then promptly make a save to the wrong file and over-write something.

I *facepalm* and play back to where I was. Fortunately, I'm easily amused and don't care that I have to play it all over again.