PDA

View Full Version : Game over... not again... [spoilers abound]

docta fizz
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
So here are the questions - Which boss gave you the most trouble, and does anyone else find it annoying that 2 members of your team can be nearly full health but you still get a game over?

Ch-11Barthandelus - round 2 is incredibly overpowered unless you spent alot of time exploring pulse.

Ch-11Hecatoncheir - vanille's summon was ridiculous, down right pathetic were my attempts to overcome him. But with him at least I didn't have to spend 3 hours grinding to beat (see barthandelus)

Also I just finished the game, and I know he's not a boss but Ch-13knight templars are nasty when they have something else in the fight with them

Aruu
03-16-2010, 06:30 PM
I don't find the whole "if the leader dies we ALL die" thing annoying because I got used to it through the Persona games. It gives you that kick to really think on your feet, and also gives you a stronger connection to the current character that is your leader; and through that it gives everyone a chance to shine as the 'main' character in battle for a little while.

I've suffered some shameful defeats while getting to grips with the battle system, some at the hands of bog standard enemies wandering about the place. The most shameful being the battles where you intrude on two other enemies fighting one another. I didn't quite figure out to kill one from one side, then one from the other, and instead just killed one entire side at a time. Poor Vanille died so many times until it clicked I was doing it wrong.

Surprisingly I didn't die once during the Bulbasaur battle. Though it did take a very long time.

Psychotic
03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
The first one you mentioned had 3.3 million HP when I used Libra. Was a ridiculously long fight, but only one party member died during it.

eestlinc
03-16-2010, 07:39 PM
so far the only boss that has given me serious trouble is the double boss at the end of chapter six. which incidentally is where I am stuck now.

docta fizz
03-17-2010, 11:24 AM
Man I hate bulbasaur! That lousy buggar set me back twice, at a stage in the game where I was doing really well. I kind of fergot about that one.

Heh heh, I think we all got put down by our first 3 battle but it's to be expected when you introduce a new concept (at least new to me).

Ch-13+ My new enemy I love to hate is neochu, that jerk pounded me into the ground. More to come on how he embarasses me later, but to start it off his 5 little henchmen might be enough to kill me without his help. and ohh yes the final boss wasn't very hard but I think it ends well :)

Shlup
03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
There were a couple of bosses that gave me a really hard time... but I can't remember which ones. Brynhilder was a bitch. Probably had the hardest time with her.

Aruu
03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Odin gave me a hard time to start with, until I buffed before the start. I think I was a little.. under levelled? Under crystalised? Either way, I was avoiding the Pulsework Soldiers like the plague.

Loony BoB
03-17-2010, 01:15 PM
So far I've only really had trouble with the boss at the end of chapter 9. I had a few game overs against Cid but more because I got careless due to impatience than anything.

I Don't Need A Name
03-17-2010, 01:41 PM
King Behemoths do my head in!

Dignified Pauper
03-17-2010, 02:18 PM
Those great big turtle things... I still cannot beat them. The neochu was also awful, but I managed to kill him.

arcanedude34
03-17-2010, 04:47 PM
I spent about ten minutes fighting Dahaka at the end of Taekin's Tower, carefully having Hope and Vanille blast away at his stagger bar while having Snow guard against his attacks... until he Doomed me with 100,000 HP left, I panicked, went all out, and got slaughtered... in midair...

Other bosses that have given me trouble are Odin and Vanille's eidolon.

Ontibile
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
The only Eidolon that gave me real trouble was the Shiva twins. Odin and Brynhildr I got on the first try, haven't done any others yet.

Other than that, yeah, pretty much every boss mini or otherwise kills me once before I get the hang of it. I was proud of myself for not dying once when I encountered Enlil and his lil' bro.

Hoping I can repeat this success. :cool: