PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Paradigm Role

demondude
03-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Because why not? :jess:

Shlup
03-16-2010, 10:40 PM
Commando! I love doing damage. I'm like "BLITZ UR FACE BITCH! *Launch* *flip and shoot my sword which is now suddenly a gun at you*"

I use Synergists a lot. I like Sazh casting Haste on everyone.

Mirage
03-16-2010, 11:04 PM
Ravager, because I love building up that chain real fast. But of course, I also need a commando to keep the chain from breaking.

Com rav rav / com med rav is my most used combo. Com is also really greaat because of launch. Nothing like making the enemy unable to fight back.

Jings
03-16-2010, 11:13 PM
My most used paradigm (in chapter 11 anyway) is COM SYN RAV, so one of those. Sazh to cast haste and other buffs and Lightning to do her little juggling trick.

Raistlin
03-16-2010, 11:38 PM
I use them all. I really do like Commandos, though. For a while I had a Com/Com/Rav paradigm because I loved how the enemy never got to do anything after I staggered them.

The role I use the least is definitely Sentinel. All the rest are good, though.

Mirage
03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Lanching the enemy is good stuff, but I never really needed more than one com to keep them in the air or recovering from falling down for the entire stagger duration.

Croyles
03-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Either Commando or Synergist. But I usually use a Com Rav Rav / Com Rav Med for most of the time.

There are a couple of enemies where it doesnt seem worth the hassle of staggering them as their HP is very low by that point anyway, for those I might use COM COM RAV

Im not really 'getting' the Sentinel role, and the Saboteur AI can be a little stupid (i.e. casting slow 4 times in a row on an enemy) but its a good class if your leader has it.

VeloZer0
03-17-2010, 06:35 AM
I've found the Ravager AI to be very poor. If I'm attacking a fire vulnerable enemy it ques up 4 fire spells in a row for Lightning, despite the fact that I do 2x as much damage if I use a spark/aquastrike. Or how it throws Blizzard in every second attack for Snow, despite the fact it does 1/4 the damage of froststrike.
Or how it keeps using up -aga spells against a single target...

Unless I'm missing something about how chain bonuses work (as there is little quantitative feedback) I am really not impressed with the AI. I'm not even going to bring up Synergists/Sabatours

I voted commando because I like dealing damage, and cool wi-fu air fighting moves.

NeoCracker
03-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Typically I start off in Relentlass Strike (Rav/Com/Rav).

If it's a beefy enemy, I'll shortly switch to Protection. (Med/Syn/Sen)

After a round or two of Relentless, I switch to Tri-Disaster (Rav/Rav/Rav), if there is only one enemy, Until the chain starts dropping lower, then switch back to Relentless.

As soon as enemy is Staggered, and there is only a single enemy, I switch to Cerebus (Com/Com/Com) and do some major damage outbut. Otherwise I hold Relentless Assault.

Near the end of the chain, I'll switch over to Strike Team, (Com/Syn/Com) to do some quick damage and re-establish my buffs in toughper fights.

I also have Combat Clinic (Med, Sen, Med) for when I need a lot of healing fast.

As soon as I get Lightning boosted up as a Sab, I'll start harder fights with Sab/Sen/Syn, or until I can switch in Vanille over her. :p

Overall, I'm loving Syn and Com most though. They make fights so much easier.

demondude
03-17-2010, 08:22 AM
I've found the Ravager AI to be very poor. If I'm attacking a fire vulnerable enemy it ques up 4 fire spells in a row for Lightning, despite the fact that I do 2x as much damage if I use a spark/aquastrike. Or how it throws Blizzard in every second attack for Snow, despite the fact it does 1/4 the damage of froststrike.
Or how it keeps using up -aga spells against a single target...

Unless I'm missing something about how chain bonuses work (as there is little quantitative feedback) I am really not impressed with the AI. I'm not even going to bring up Synergists/Sabatours

I voted commando because I like dealing damage, and cool wi-fu air fighting moves.

It's because you haven't cast Libra. If you use Libra then the AI will adjust its spells to what the enemy is weak to, and avoid the ones it is immune to.

VeloZer0
03-17-2010, 08:55 AM
That is what I am talking about. Against a fire weak enemy I will still do less than 1/2 the damage using the fire spell than a physical based one with no elemental weakness. Or against a thunder weak enemy it will que up a combination of Thunder's and Sparkstrikes, even though Sparkstrik does 3x the damage.

But since there is an AI thread now I should probably go over there to bitch.

Loony BoB
03-17-2010, 10:31 AM
COM/RAV equally. I love the firey explosions provided by RAV but I love launching enemies as well, so they work for me nicely. I only really use SEN/SAB if I have to.

Rye
03-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Saboteur is fantastic, but I don't use it as much now since I prefer Hope in my party over Vanille.

Ontibile
03-17-2010, 06:20 PM
I like Commander, Saboteur, Ravager, Synergist, Medic, Sentinel, in that order.

Rad Bromance
03-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I like all of them except Sentinel.

Even though Sentinel has saved me from death a couple times.

crazybayman
03-17-2010, 08:15 PM
Commando.

KILL KILL KILL

FFIX Choco Boy
03-17-2010, 08:43 PM
For playing: Commando by far.
For AI intelligence: Saboteur.
For ease of mind: Sentinel and Medic.

Serapy
03-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Sentinel / Sentinel / Sentinel

XD

Edge7
03-21-2010, 06:40 AM
At first I liked commandos (first two chapters), but when I had to make do with Sazh, Vanille, and Hope (none of which have the commando class at that point, mind you), I used ravage-type moves like crazy, and I managed to constantly stagger my enemies, despite the difficult of doing so (for me) without a commando. So, I like Ravagers for the difficulty of increasing the stagger gauge.

Award Cactuar
03-21-2010, 06:43 AM
I love medics!!! :p

Laddy
03-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I like Sentinels, but Saboteurs are awesome.

I usually start with either C/R/M or C/R/Sn., swapping to M/Sy./Sb. when I need to buff and M/Sy./Sn. when I need to stay alive.

Rocket Edge
03-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Commando, as I like finishing battles quickly.