PDA

View Full Version : 10 Years Already (HeartGold & SoulSilver Thread)

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-17-2010, 03:51 AM
So, anyone playing the Pokemon HeartGold or SoulSilver? I know there's a bunch of games coming out/already out at the moment, personally I am taking a break from FFXIII.

I love how it is the old school game meets the newer Pokemon mechanics, I like it a lot. Also, the sound is so much better than what we got with the GBC. :D

Currently in Azalea Town!

I feel so bad for those poor Slowpokes. :(

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-17-2010, 04:04 AM
I'm playing HeartGold, as I'm EV training my Cyndaquil.

Also, this year's Video Game Championship actually allows you to use Garchomp and WOBBUFFET!

I am not making this up.

Video Game Championship Series | Pokémon.com (http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/video/)

Vermachtnis
03-17-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm playing through HeartGold and I love it, I'm about to get my eighth badge. My Misdreavious and Feraligator tear through everything. It's awesome. My favorite thing is talking to your Mons during the game. They do crazy stuff.

PuPu
03-17-2010, 04:33 AM
WOBBUFFET!

lol.

Both trainers down to one pokemon left:

Wobbufet vs. Wobbufet
Leftovers vs. Leftovers
Struggle vs. Struggle
Endless loop

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
03-17-2010, 04:54 AM
WOBBUFFET!

lol.

Both trainers down to one pokemon left:

Wobbufet vs. Wobbufet
Leftovers vs. Leftovers
Struggle vs. Struggle
Endless loop

Thankfully, Game Freak changed it, so that two Wobbs can switch out of each other.

Honestly though, Having Wobb as a lead has a 2/3 chance of a success rate.

Rase
03-17-2010, 08:16 PM
I got Soul Silver in the mail yesterday, played about 5 hours and just made it to Azalea Town. I really hate grinding, so with Pokemon now I tend to think of a team of six that I want for whatever reason and make it through with them. I may break that here though, because I loved Silver when it came out and put far too many hour into it. Right now my team is Totodile, Mareep, Hoothoot, Geodude, and Ledyba. As soon as I can I'm grabbing a Vulpix to round it off. :love:

Ouch!
03-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Been playing through HeartGold. Got my friend breeding me some pokemon for EV training. In the mean time, just burning through the main game. I don't compete against others very often anyway.

Jessweeee♪
03-20-2010, 04:16 AM
I wanna :(

Skyblade
03-20-2010, 05:26 AM
I caught my first HeartGold shiny in the Bug Catching Contest on Tuesday. It was only a level 7 Caterpie, so it failed to place, but it was very nice, just the same. It really brings back the memories, because my first ever shiny was a Weedle, which was also caught in the Bug Catching Contest, back in the original Pokemon Gold.

My biggest gripe was the convenient features they removed to promote the use of the stylus, which is still annoying and unnecessary.

Currently I'm a little stuck though. If I progress much further, I'm going to trigger the stupid roaming Legendaries, which will fix their stats, and I don't want to do that until I know I have a solid way to catch them. I'd hate to play through 90% of the game, finally get them, and get disappointed by the worst possible Natures and IVs these guys can get.

Also, if you have the Power Anklets and other such items, transfer them over! Those items ensure that you get Additional EVs for a particular stat while training, but they have an additional purpose in HG/SS. If you breed a Pokemon holding, for example, the Power Lens, which promotes Special Attack growth, the parent's Special Attack IV is guaranteed to pass to the kid. This means that if you can find a couple parents with high IVs, and give each of them one of those items, passing those uber IVs to their kids just got much, much easier (keep in mind that if you do this with the female, you will lose your chance to pass on the Nature via Everstone).

Momiji
03-20-2010, 05:55 AM
I got SoulSilver the morning it was released :D

I'm at the Lake of Rage right now, just before capturing the red Gyarados.

My Togetic and Meganium are my two strongest at the moment.

I'm not going to worry about breeding or EV training or any of that competition :bou::bou::bou::bou: until after I beat the game.

Rase
03-20-2010, 06:44 AM
All this intense serious business Pokemon talk is making me sad. :-(

Vermachtnis
03-20-2010, 07:05 AM
My current team is

LV80 Misdreavus
LV71 Sceptile (From Ruby)
LV17 Dratini
LV22 Mantine
LV17 Farfetch'D
LV15 Geodude

I'm screwing around in Kanto at the moment. Collecting the badges in order, just beat Misty.

Not gonna bother with EV and that crap until after Red, that is if I bother with it at all. Which I probably won't.

Momiji
03-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Holy freaking lv.80. Evolve that thing to a Mismagius already! :p

Vermachtnis
03-20-2010, 07:11 AM
I don't have a Dusk Stone or I would. Weird thing is though, her stats are better than a LV88 Mismagius I have in Pearl xD

Skyblade
03-20-2010, 11:37 PM
I don't have a Dusk Stone or I would. Weird thing is though, her stats are better than a LV88 Mismagius I have in Pearl xD

If I could ever connect to WiFi, I have tons I could trade you. Part of the reason I have all the games is so that I can restart one over and over to stockpile the goodies that those annoying twits at Nintendo insist on giving you only one of.

Sephiroth
03-20-2010, 11:47 PM

I could trade you one. In Pokémon Pearl I have enough items after more than 500 hours. Lol.

I have to wait until Soul Silver is released next friday...>_>

Fonzie
03-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Got Soulsilver heh /smug

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Why would I buy these games? What more do they bring to the Gold/Silver table?

Rase
03-22-2010, 08:16 PM
This should help ya Quin. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Versions)

Sephiroth
03-22-2010, 08:16 PM

493 pokémon, the story of pokémon Crystal, a story with the Kimono girls, almost all legendaries in one game, better graphics and everything elese.

Vermachtnis
03-22-2010, 08:28 PM

Your pokemon can sneeze on you. What more convincing do you need!?

Sephiroth
03-22-2010, 08:30 PM

Was that just a joke or for real?

Vermachtnis
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM

For real, my Misdreavus totally sneezed on me. It had to be one of the most random things to ever happen to me in a game.

Sephiroth
03-22-2010, 08:48 PM

For real, my Misdreavus totally sneezed on me. It had to be one of the most random things to ever happen to me in a game.

This reminds me of Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow when you go fishing and a fish sign appears over his head and he has a bucket on his head.

Quindiana Jones
03-26-2010, 01:29 PM
This should help ya Quin. (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_HeartGold_and_SoulSilver_Versions)

Ehhh....

493 pokémon, the story of pokémon Crystal, a story with the Kimono girls, almost all legendaries in one game, better graphics and everything elese.

Pah.

SOLD!

Fonzie
03-26-2010, 01:52 PM
Hehe, named my rival "Dicks". /smug

Nice
03-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Started playing Soul Silver about a week ago. I'm currently at Lake of Rage trying to decide on a flying type poke to keep.

I'm not sure I want to do the whole EV/IV thing again. To be honest, it's monotonous and I don't battle anyone anyway. On my Diamond I amasses all the event pokemon I could find, a box and a half of em to be exact. So, I'm just playing SS to enjoy the game.

All in all though, I love it.

Rase
03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm digging the little changes that were made to this version, as well as some of the bigger ones. Being able to catch a Larvitar with only 6 badges made me very pleased. I'm not bothering with IV/EV's, I think my Feraligtor, Tyranitar, Dragonite, Weezing, Heracross, and Nidoking will be fine dealing with stuff on their own.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 12:23 AM
I have beaten Pokémon Master Red and have climbed the Teak City Tower to catch my second of the two 2nd generation legendary bird pokémon: Ho-Oh.

I do not need that much EV training. I just transfer my Pearl pokémon to my Soul Silver save game with two NDS so I have my rare pokémon and my EV pokémon.

Skyblade
03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
I aim for high IVs and proper natures on the Legendaries because Nintendo's insane desire to kill the games' replayability means I'll only have one shot at them, so they had better be good. I can breed for the rest if I get bored, or if I really, really like the Pokemon.

That said, my awesome Rash (not bored enough to breed for Modest yet), Max Speed, Max Sp.Atk Eevee is finally ready to evolve when morning comes around. I'll have an Espeon back on my team, finally (Espeon rocks, one of my favorite Pokemon. Pity the move-pool for the Eeveelutions is so limited).

Momiji
03-29-2010, 06:37 AM
I dunno, Leafeon and Espeon get some pretty awesome moves.

Leaf Blade + Grasswhistle + Swords Dance + Baton Pass is a great setup, after all, not to mention Leafeon is an offensive and defensive powerhouse, so it'll take a bit to weaken it-- and when that time comes, baton pass off to a pokemon that uses physical attacks and just start sweeping.

If you really want to get creative, pair Leafeon with a Flareon that knows Wish, Baton Pass, and Sunny Day (plus a STAB physical attack like Fire Fang or something). This way, Flareon gets its already massive physical attack (with extremely limited movepool, unfortunately) boosted with Baton Pass for a quick kill, or it can play support for Leafeon by passing back the boosted attack, along with Sunny Day (to activate Leafeon's ability, no status effects in sunlight), and Wish for a 50% health boost.

It doesn't always matter if a Pokemon gets stuck with bad moves, you can still work it to your advantage :p

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Just caught Ho-oh in Heart gold after getting my rising badge. Current party is Meganium, Haunter, Kadabra (need to evolve these two) Dragonair, Ariados and Umbreon. It was adorable when I was in the radio tower fighting team rocket, I talked to Dragonair and it said it was standing watch.

Sephiroth
03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Leaf Blade + Grasswhistle + Swords Dance + Baton Pass

This is almost my Sceptile. I have a physical Sceptile, because I like it to be more physical even though its stats are more for special attacks.

By the way we should start a Pokémon Wifi tournament.

Chris
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
It's been ten years... I can't believe it. I still vividly remember how excited I felt the day before Silver/Gold's release, and how I played for ten hours straight.

I bought SoulSilver a couple of days ago, and history is repeating itself. But it can't be helped. The second generation remains the best.

My current team is: Feraligatr, Arbok, Seaking and Vulpix. They are all level 34, and I just finished the Lake of Rage part. :D

Momiji
03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
Leaf Blade + Grasswhistle + Swords Dance + Baton Pass

This is almost my Sceptile. I have a physical Sceptile, because I like it to be more physical even though its stats are more for special attacks.

By the way we should start a Pokémon Wifi tournament.

Right, but Leafeon's got the lovely advantage of having Baton Pass, which is an extremely useful move.

Fonzie
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Current party :3

Riolu 27
Spiritomb 24
Croconaw 25
Shiny Golbat 28
Shiny Ponyta 32
Aerodactyl 28

Speed is where it's at!

edit: I'm in the Ice, or Mahogany, Gym.

Skyblade
03-29-2010, 03:49 PM
I dunno, Leafeon and Espeon get some pretty awesome moves.

Leaf Blade + Grasswhistle + Swords Dance + Baton Pass is a great setup, after all, not to mention Leafeon is an offensive and defensive powerhouse, so it'll take a bit to weaken it-- and when that time comes, baton pass off to a pokemon that uses physical attacks and just start sweeping.

If you really want to get creative, pair Leafeon with a Flareon that knows Wish, Baton Pass, and Sunny Day (plus a STAB physical attack like Fire Fang or something). This way, Flareon gets its already massive physical attack (with extremely limited movepool, unfortunately) boosted with Baton Pass for a quick kill, or it can play support for Leafeon by passing back the boosted attack, along with Sunny Day (to activate Leafeon's ability, no status effects in sunlight), and Wish for a 50% health boost.

It doesn't always matter if a Pokemon gets stuck with bad moves, you can still work it to your advantage :p

Oh, agreed. I wouldn't ditch the Eeveelutions for anything.

And, it's true, they make pretty decent supporters (especially Umbreon, who is the King of Double Battle support Pokemon).

But the actual attacking capabilities of each one are essentially limited to two types of moves: Normal and their Evolution type (or Bite if you get it as an Eevee, but Flareon and Umbreon are really the only ones who can do anything with Bite since it turned Physical). Hidden Power is pretty much the only other attack they get, and getting a good Hidden Power can be very difficult.

Now, even with just Normal and Psychic moves, Espeon is a beast, but more type coverage is needed since the Steel type became so dang common in Gen 4. Grass Knot and Shadow Ball are the only decent off-type Special Attacks Espeon can get, and they aren't superb for coverage against Dark or Steel. Ideally, you'd get a Fire-Type Hidden Power (since Espeon can't get Flamethrower or Fire Blast), and Swift for a Normal type move (Swift has been awesome since it turned Special). That gives us Psychic, Swift, Hidden Power Fire, and Morning Sun. That is my preferred setup for Espeon, and it gives Espeon more than enough sweeping capabilities for my team, especially when paired with a Sunny Day teammate (which Leafeon, Flareon, and, to a lesser extent, Umbreon, can also take care of).

And Flareon really needs Flare Blitz. With that beastly Attack Stat, it sucks that most of its attack moves aren't Physical.

Current Party:
Typhlosion
Gengar
Golem
Eevee (who will evolve in a couple minutes next time he levels up)
Sandshrew (kept around for HM use)

I have an Abra and a Dratini with good IVs and Nature, but I haven't started using them yet. I'm not sure what Pokemon I'm going to use for Surf or Fly though. I hate TMs. They completely negate the usefullness of a third of your team.

Chris
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
Current Party:
Typhlosion
Gengar
Golem
Eevee (who will evolve in a couple minutes next time he levels up)
Sandshrew (kept around for HM use)

I have an Abra and a Dratini with good IVs and Nature, but I haven't started using them yet. I'm not sure what Pokemon I'm going to use for Surf or Fly though. I hate TMs. They completely negate the usefullness of a third of your team.
Yeah, it's pretty annoying that you have to switch out your main Pokémons, for the HM slaves. It's a little frustrating that you're not able to keep your main ones at all time. :eep:

Momiji
03-29-2010, 05:08 PM
@Skyblade: I disagree. I simply see TMs as an extension of a Pokémon's movepool. :p

ljkkjlcm9
03-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I am considering getting this with Best Buy's DS game sale this week. My only problem is I feel Pokemon has gone overboard and become far more complex than it needs to be. I miss the old days were it was rather quite simple. All these hidden stats that determine whether your pokemon is actually any good of not is annoying.

THE JACKEL

Skyblade
03-29-2010, 05:17 PM
@Skyblade: I disagree. I simply see TMs as an extension of a Pokémon's movepool. :p

I meant HMs, sorry.

TMs are awesome, except for the huge number of them that can only be acquired once (which is why I have more than one DS, and I don't bother to keep a permanent file on my Pokemon Pearl, I just use it for collecting single time items).

Momiji
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure Effort Values have existed since R/B/Y. There just wasn't a 255 EV point cap on each stat.

You can still play the game and have it be as simple as the original ones, but of course the real beauty of the new generations of the game is its multiplayer playability-- so of course people are going to spend a bunch of time thinking of strategies and breeding the perfect Pokémon-- but you don't have to play like that. I don't understand what the problem is. :p

EDIT:
@Skyblade: Eh. Fly and Surf are pretty good. Scyther/Scizor can make good use of Cut with Technician, though it isn't optimal. Strength is overall useless, really. Whirlpool is good if you don't want your opponent to switch out, and Waterfall is a pretty good Physical attack, especially if you give it to Poliwrath or Gyarados or something that has a high attack stat and can make use of it, plus the STAB advantage.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Also the pokethlon is pretty fun to play with. :p

Skyblade
03-29-2010, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure Effort Values have existed since R/B/Y. There just wasn't a 255 EV point cap on each stat.

You can still play the game and have it be as simple as the original ones, but of course the real beauty of the new generations of the game is its multiplayer playability-- so of course people are going to spend a bunch of time thinking of strategies and breeding the perfect Pokémon-- but you don't have to play like that. I don't understand what the problem is. :p

EDIT:
@Skyblade: Eh. Fly and Surf are pretty good. Scyther/Scizor can make good use of Cut with Technician, though it isn't optimal. Strength is overall useless, really. Whirlpool is good if you don't want your opponent to switch out, and Waterfall is a pretty good Physical attack, especially if you give it to Poliwrath or Gyarados or something that has a high attack stat and can make use of it, plus the STAB advantage.

Fly is crippled by its two turn duration.

Surf and Waterfall both rock. They are among the most heavily used Water Attacks in the game for good reason. Nevertheless, your Pokemon cannot forget them, and you have to have them both on your travelling team.

Cut and Strength are of minimal utility. Low accuracy and power, and only normal type coverage. Headbutt, which is another Normal type move usable on the field, and has a free, infinite tutor, is far more useful.

Brick Break is a fighting type move, which is good, and has a great secondary effect, but again, low power kills it.

Whirlpool is good for preventing switch outs, yes, but in the main game, when you are forced to carry it around, how useful is that? And it's redundant alongside two extremely superior water moves.

I don't even remember what Rock Climb does in terms of damage, but at least in this generation we're not stuck with one of those awful non-damaging HMs like Defog or Flash.

Personally, I think as long as we have the HM and a Pokemon who can learn the move, we should be able to use the move out of combat whether they have learned it or not.

Momiji
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Fly may be crippled by its 2-turn duration, but maybe not if you look at it in the aspect of being invulnerable for a turn, which is useful if you've got your opponent badly poisoned.

Also, there is a move deleter that lets you unlearn HM moves. I don't remember where it's at though.

qwertysaur
03-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Blackthron City

Skyblade
03-30-2010, 06:10 AM
Well, my new Espeon is done with EV training, and proved it. At level 17 he tore through my Rival's party in the Burned Tower, taking down all 4 of his Pokemon (average level of Rival's Pokemon = 20) and gaining 2 levels in the process. She is still the weakest of my primary battle Pokemon (Golem is 25, Gengar is 30, and Typhlosion is 37), but she is turning into quite the awesome team member.

I caught Entei and Raikou as well. The Master Balls I traded over from Pearl when I link-evolved my Golem and Gengar proved to be quite useful, nabbing me a pair with very nice stats (though Neutral natures).

Next up, Espeon, Gengar, and Typhlosion are going to go wipe the floor with the pitiful little Gym Leader of Ecruteak. And with the wanderers finally out of the way, I can continue on my trek.

03-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Current Team:

Slowpoke (14)
Oddish (15)
Flaafy (17)
Quilava (18)
Pidgeotto (18)

WAITING TO GET MY LARVITAR TO COMPLETE MY TEAM.

Currently going against Whitney, need to level up a bit.

Also, Slowpokes are adorable *hugs and squishes his Slowpoke*

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 09:40 PM
WAITING TO GET MY LARVITAR TO COMPLETE MY TEAM.

Do you want a Larvitar?

I will trade you one with Outrage.

03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
As tempting as that is right now, I wanna wait until I can catch it on my own. Thanks for the offer though! :D

Sephiroth
03-30-2010, 10:12 PM
As tempting as that is right now, I wanna wait until I can catch it on my own. Thanks for the offer though! :D

As far as I know you only need 6 badges in Soul Silver/Heart Gold to get to Larvitars.

03-30-2010, 10:26 PM
Sweet~

Chris
03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
One thing I am reminded of now, is how a lot of the great moves aren't available until after you've beaten the Elite Four, which means I am stuck with incomplete move sets for a couple of my Pokémons. It was annoying ten years ago, and it's annoying now. :(

Skyblade
03-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Tum de dum dum dum.

Three more gyms down. A total of six, and it is off to the Lake of Rage.

Tyranitar was never my favorite pseudo-legendary, but it looks like the requirements to catch a Beldum to get a Metagross are a bit psychotic in this game, involving a long duration of play and extensive fiddling with the new Safari Zone.

Fonzie
04-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Just go my 9th badge and I'm starting to train my pokes a lot more!

Fonzie
04-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Double post whatever!

Anyone want a shiny feebas? Just breed one and I don't want it!

No.78
04-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I don't understand why people are EV training for the solo playthrough. It seems pointless. xD I only EV for competetive battling and Battle Frontier. EV training takes for smurfing ever without the Pokerus and Power Gears anyways. :S

I just caught Lugia and now I'm off to the Pokemon League!

Sephiroth
04-04-2010, 10:49 PM
Double post whatever!

Tell me what you want. I have 487 pokémon. You can choose almost everything.

Fonzie
04-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Double post whatever!

Did you hack them? >:[

Sephiroth
04-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Double post whatever!

Why should I hack pokémon when I am playing Pearl for 500 hours? And why should I want anything when I could hack everything?

I have lost the interest. Calling me a hacker...

Fonzie
04-04-2010, 11:26 PM
Double post whatever!

Why should I hack pokémon when I am playing Pearl for 500 hours? And why should I want anything when I could hack everything?

I have lost the interest. Calling me a hacker...

Ah, well put!

qwertysaur
04-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I'll take the feebas then :) What do you want for it?

Skyblade
04-05-2010, 01:07 AM
Gengar and Golem get tossed into the box as I have to pick up a Flying Pokemon. I hate HMs. I also pulled out Dratini and am starting to work on him. Clearing out the Team Rocket base. I could turn off the security system, but what about all that lovely Exp?

Fonzie
04-05-2010, 02:53 AM
I'll take the feebas then :) What do you want for it?

House issues are troubling as of tomorrow, will probably not be here for a couples months after tomorrow.

I'll give you my shiny milotic if you want that though. Level 83 atm.

Momiji
04-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Just made it to Indigo Plateau. I need to do some serious grinding. I at least want my Dratini to be a more formidable Dragonair before I even try. Everyone else is around lv. 40-45, which is strong enough to succeed, but much too low for it not to be incredibly tough.

Fonzie
04-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Just made it to Indigo Plateau. I need to do some serious grinding. I at least want my Dratini to be a more formidable Dragonair before I even try. Everyone else is around lv. 40-45, which is strong enough to succeed, but much too low for it not to be incredibly tough.

Want an ice beam HM? It'll help with Lance.

Momiji
04-05-2010, 03:40 AM
There's an Ice Beam HM? :p

And sure. I made sure my Extremespeed Dratini was Jolly instead of Adamant, so that balances Atk and Sp. Atk a bit, with a speed boost that Dragonite could really find useful in competitive play (although Thunder Wave works wonders for speed reduction as well).

Fonzie
04-05-2010, 03:47 AM
Alright, I'll get out pearl. /me sighs

Skyblade
04-05-2010, 05:55 AM
There's an Ice Beam HM? :p

And sure. I made sure my Extremespeed Dratini was Jolly instead of Adamant, so that balances Atk and Sp. Atk a bit, with a speed boost that Dragonite could really find useful in competitive play (although Thunder Wave works wonders for speed reduction as well).

If you're using a Dragonite build centered around a priority move, why did you give it Jolly? Extremespeed will negate the speed boost by hitting first all the time. Adamant would have just given it extra power.

Momiji
04-05-2010, 06:14 AM
I thought about that for a long time. Then I realized: I have physical sweepers (Jirachi, Clefable, Breloom/Leafeon), and I have special sweepers (Togekiss, Azelf, Milotic, Gardevoir, Ninetales, etc). What if I set up a Dragonite to be more balanced? I don't even know if I'll stick with Extremespeed-- I doubt I will, but I still got it to make sure the option is open.

Dragonite has a fantastic movepool that makes it really versatile, but in the long run, its speed is kind of lacking. I could counter that easily with Thunder Wave, but I still want to get that in as soon as possible. From there, I can start smacking them around with Outrage or Earthquake or something, or possibly give it Dragon Dance and power up Outrage to be nightmarishly fast and strong. Dragonite can definitely take a hit, so maybe I could give it Roost as well, which will also eliminate its weakness to Rock and reduce its weakness to Ice to only x2 for a turn, it'll be great as an all-purpose shield, since a few of my other Pokémon are, let's face it, glass cannons.

So basically, make Dragonite Jolly, EV train it in Atk and Spd (though at this rate I may not be EV training it at all, since I'm using it to level it up right now, but that'll just keep it a bit more balanced, I guess), and watch it kill stuff while being able to heal and eliminate weaknesses for a turn if needed. Of course, Outrage won't let me do that, so I may have to reconsider. I don't really know. It's kind of an experiment, since Dragonite isn't really one I planned to have in my competitive party-- just a backup to spice things up when necessary.

No.78
04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
If you've got so many well trained Pokemon you will have no trouble with the E4, just run on through and kick their asses.

I am in Kanto now! My team is 51-53 and the Hitmontop training paid off when it actually learnt a decent attack. That was an ordeal. Two badges to go then off to pummel Red. I almost beat Dhalia in the Battle Frontier but her Dusknoir hacked and woke up from only one turn of sleep. :'(