PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam

Imperfectionist
03-17-2010, 09:34 PM
7 friends and I are going to Amsterdam in September! :D i'm very excited so I was just wondering, has anyone else been? Do you know someone that's been? What did you/they think?

We're going to be staying in a hostel because we're poor, but the inside of it is really cool cos the walls have all been painted by local artists and stuff.

Plus there's a bar downstairs and a club nextdoor :cool:

Rodarian
03-17-2010, 09:41 PM
I haven't been there since 1998..Yea so u can imagine that I didn't do the debaucheries as I was suppose to..

But I did go to a lot of the museums (I'm a big geek that way :D )

The Van Gogh was nice but loved the sciene museum which looks like a ship!!

Oh do check out de Wallens (sp) That's one the more main stream the red light districts.

Its really attractive place... Its even scary imagine that the city is actually below sea level! :Oo:

Imperfectionist
03-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Oh yeah one of my mates and I study art so we're gonna be the two wanting to go the galleries and stuff :D

Our hostel is in the red light district I think, so I will definately keep an eye out!

Ooooh also, Heineken brewery :D

Aerith's Knight
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm Dutch. 'Nuff said.

If you need translations, just ask, but there is always the chance I'll screw with you and put something in there that'll get you beaten up.

Imperfectionist
03-17-2010, 10:05 PM
That's just mean :(

Do you live like nearby or have you just been on the occasional visit?

Aerith's Knight
03-17-2010, 11:24 PM
I live in Eindhoven, I've been there a few times though.

But overall, most dutch people avoid Amsterdam. It's filled with tourists and criminals. There might be a correlation between the two. It's quite easy to steel stuff when the tourists are baked on legal pot.