PDA

View Full Version : Babies

Shlup
03-18-2010, 08:30 AM
I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBCNgnaFVI8)

NorthernChaosGod
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Why am I not surprised you're excited for a show about babies?

Flying Mullet
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
The acting doesn't look that great.

Miriel
03-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Boo! I thought you made this thread cause you already watched it! Tease. :mad2:

Raistlin
03-18-2010, 10:51 PM
... Seriously? I suppose there's an audience for everything.

NeoCracker
03-18-2010, 10:52 PM
... Seriously? I suppose there's an audience for everything.

I don't really see what the point in aiming a show directly at Shlup would accomplish though. :confused:

Rye
03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Hux and I would totally see this movie.

Shlup
03-18-2010, 11:31 PM
This promises to be the MOVIE of the YEAR, you fools!

It's not out until Mother's Day!

blackmage_nuke
03-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Sounds like an FBI set up to catch pedofiles

Moon Rabbits
03-18-2010, 11:47 PM
Awwwwww the two babies at the beginning were so cuuuuuuute. That's all I watched because I hate children (three Chinese HAH?)

Anyway, interesting idea, I guess. What would be more ballin is if they followed these kids for their entire lives :P

I'm actually curious to know how old the two African babies were at the time that clip was filmed, b/c they look very young but are sitting upright and (apparently) able to grasp tools and use them in some sort of arbitrary manner. Just curious b/c in my Psych class last week they mentioned a hunter gatherer society in Africa (they said it was one of the last nomadic communities in the world?? idk cant remember) where they taught their children to walk far earlier than the "average" time it takes for babies to learn to walk.

edit: also, @shlup, you would be excited about something like this.

Shlup
03-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Following them their whole lives would be a bit much, but I wonder if they'd ever make a sequel with the same kids in a few years... That would be awesome. Less awesome than this movie though.

This movie is destined to be in my top ten favorites.

I Don't Need A Name
03-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Wow. One movie that makes me want to vomit with grossness, and scream with annoyance!

Crop
03-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Looks terrible. I don't like docu-movies in general, but this one looks like one of the most boring.

I'm honestly curious as to why you're so excited for it?

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I am also interested in this movie! I think I'll wait until I can rent it, though.

Rad Bromance
03-19-2010, 04:00 AM
It looks adorable.

I Took the Red Pill
03-19-2010, 04:20 AM
Awwwwww the two babies at the beginning were so cuuuuuuute. seriously.

Shlup
03-19-2010, 04:37 AM
Looks terrible. I don't like docu-movies in general, but this one looks like one of the most boring.

I love learning about different cultures, and to see four such different ones compared and contrasted through these tiny humans is a thrilling notion. Babies have yet to be influenced so much by their society, and to see universal behaviors among humans from such different cultures is awe-inspiring. To see a baby be raised so differently from what is expected in my own culture and still come out okay is eye-opening.

I can't imagine anything that could unite the human race more than our babies.

Also, babies! :love:

NorthernChaosGod
03-19-2010, 08:59 AM
What... like, really? o_O

Flying Mullet
03-19-2010, 01:19 PM
You can tell the Mongolian baby is CG.

Moon Rabbits
03-19-2010, 06:30 PM

I love learning about different cultures, and to see four such different ones compared and contrasted through these tiny humans is a thrilling notion. Babies have yet to be influenced so much by their society, and to see universal behaviors among humans from such different cultures is awe-inspiring. To see a baby be raised so differently from what is expected in my own culture and still come out okay is eye-opening.

I can't imagine anything that could unite the human race more than our babies.

Also, babies! :love:

Wow, you actually made me want to see this movie.

Rantz
03-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Before I saw what forum the thread was in, but after reading the thread preview, I thought she was preggers.

You can tell the Mongolian baby is CG.
Will this be released in 3D?

Shiny
03-19-2010, 11:57 PM
Wow, when that baby said, "WAHHH" I was so amazed. What a great line! It will win Best Screenplay award for sure!

BarelySeeAtAll
03-20-2010, 02:58 AM
When I saw this thread I thought "o.e.."
When I clicked the link I thought "o.e..really?" and wondered whether it was some piss-take for comedy purposes by a bored individual.

Now I know I was correct.

Shlup
03-20-2010, 08:27 AM
What... like, really? o_O

I am so serious you can smell it.

Wow, you actually made me want to see this movie.

*raised the roof and stuff*

Before I saw what forum the thread was in, but after reading the thread preview, I thought she was preggers.

You can go ahead and remove that thought from your head for the next several years. I'm too young for that!

Wow, when that baby said, "WAHHH" I was so amazed. What a great line! It will win Best Screenplay award for sure!

Don't act like you don't appreciate a good documentary. I know you do.

Crop
03-20-2010, 12:05 PM

When you put it that way it does sound much more interesting. Still, I'll wait for the tv premier.

G13
03-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I am so serious you can smell it.

*sniffs*

:onoes:

Rebellious Eagle
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
The last time I saw a documentary, it was March of the Penguins. And it was awful. I never liked documentaries.
Although, it could be interesting to see the different cultures in raising babies. Especially Japan.

Moon Rabbits
03-20-2010, 04:48 PM
The last time I saw a documentary, it was March of the Penguins. And it was awful.

You have a heart of STONE then.

Breine
03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
Man, those babies in the beginning were beautiful! I can just tell that this movie is going to be filled with beauty and adorableness.. and I'm totally interested in seeing it. Like, RIGHT NAO!

Bunny
03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
This movie makes me want to kick babies even more. I did not think this was possible. Bravo, Shlup, for showing me the error of my ways.

Shlup
03-23-2010, 02:49 AM
I have learned never to underestimate your buttholery, Bunny.